Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just hit me that they have now been in WWE for the same amount of time that Trish and Lita's WWE careers lasted, 6 years. And what do the Bellas have to show for it? How many memorable/great feuds, promos, and matches have they delivered in that time? Seems like at this point all they have accomplished in 6 years is starring in a trashy reality tv show that is an embarrassment to womens wrestling, and Brie's feud with Stephanie where Stephanie carried her ass the whole way.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Only now are they starting to do something (even though I don't like it), and it's no surprise it's starting to happen at the same time one is married to one of the top stars in the company and the other is getting titty fucked every night by THE star of the company.

Future hall of famers? :ti

·
Banned
2,319 Posts
They're in the middle of a push. Their legacies are only in the beginning. *maniacal laugh*

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I think it's an extremely unfair comparison to make because for the bulk of that time they have always been pushed as the "Bella Twins" and not an individual entity which has only really come to fruition in recent times.

·
Banned
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's an extremely unfair comparison to make because for the bulk of that time they have always been pushed as the "Bella Twins" and not an individual entity which has only really come to fruition in recent times.
I think it's fair. If you're a women in WWE for 6 years and have nothing substantial to show for it in that time then you'd be considered dead weight and next on the chopping block. They'd either be future endeavoured by now or on the short list if they didn't hook up with :bryan and :cena

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I think it's fair. If you're a women in WWE for 6 years and have nothing substantial to show for it in that time then you'd be considered dead weight and next on the chopping block. They'd either be future endeavoured by now or on the short list if they didn't hook up with :bryan and :cena
A lot of their individual progression is hampered when they are pushed as a unit and not as a single entity and you are also forgetting how for a large portion of time they have also served as valets which again stunts their growth as individual performers, this is why it's an unfair comparison.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
I can't remember any feuds that involved the Bella Twins. Their current feud (with Stephanie McMahon) isn't that bad though.

·
Banned
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of their individual progression is hampered when they are pushed as a unit and not as a single entity and you are also forgetting how for a large portion of time they have also served as valets which again stunts their growth as individual performers, this is why it's an unfair comparison.
Meh. Trish was a valet for a year and she was over as fuck, giving us memorable moments with Bubba Ray, Lita, the Rock, triple h, etc. She accomplished more in 2000 as a valet than Bellas have accomplished in 6 years.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It took 13 years for Trish and 15 years for Lita to get into the hall of fame. It won't take the Bellas nearly as long to do the same.
But the divas in the hall of fame are noted for revolutionizing, or reinvigorating women's wrestling. moolah, Mae young changing what women wrestlers were at the time, sunny for being the first diva type in the 90s, and lita and trish for being the top two divas over a decade long period. Not saying the Bella's can't, but they need to doing something to cement themselves as memorable divas, and based on the length of their career, the don't have many years left.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Something I find about them is they just seem like actors (bad ones at that) who are giving the whole wrestling thing a go if you know what I mean, can never suspend belief for even a second with them

I dont think Ive ever seen such a performance gap in a feud as much as with brie vs stephanie, that was the definition of one person carrying a feud by themself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts