Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week's episode of TNA Wrestling's new behind the scenes program ReACTION saw the recently reunited pairing of Angelina Love and Velvet Sky slam those who have attempted to imitate The Beautful People stable over the years.

Love charged during the pseudo-shoot program, "We created a group that has been like no other for women in professional wrestling. People have tried to be like this. People wanted to join us. No can do."

Sky added, "And for all you wannabe Beautiful People girls out there... you know exactly who I'm talking about, get a life. You will never be us."

Angelina then cryptically noted, "And you're not cool by the way. You're not cool."

Some have interpreted their message as a thinly veiled potshot towards WWE Diva alliance Lay-Cool � Michelle McCool and Women's Champion Layla. Both have directed similar remarks towards rival performers in the past, with Love recently stating the following on her Facebook account while watching television: "So this is what I get for quickly flipping thru the channels on a friday night......a blonde & a brunette blatantly ripping something off........BRUTAL!!!"

Apparently in response to the TNA Knockouts' most recent comments, Layla remarked the following on Twitter yesterday:

"Living the dream & so blessed!!
1 thing I know when u r attacked u have 2 decide if it's worth the time & effort to retaliate
Not worth the press
Plus don't deserve the press we get even tho they want it & need it :)
Real talk"

It was reported this past June that the Lay-Cool act was concocted due to WWE's creative department being embarrassed by The Beautiful People making their female performers look second-rate by comparison.

To view The Beautiful Peoples' ReACTION promo, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg3J7-tQqf8

The Beautiful People are way better then Lay-cool in the ring on the mic and in the look department.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
:lmao

It's quite obvious that The Beautiful People are much better than LayCool both in the ring and on the mic.

You couldn't even compare LayCool to them on both of those factors.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
How sad must it be to one day wake up and realize that as good as both of them are, more people know Lay-cool and would believe the Beautiful People copied them?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Love it! Now i fully expect the usual suspects to come in here and defend Lay-cool by saying TNA should stop taking potshots at WWE, how it looks pathetic...worry about your own program...blah blah blah. Theres a big difference though between this and something like Bischoff taking shots at Vince on the show. These shots are definitely warranted. TBP by "KO"!

·
Premium Member
10,510 Posts
While Angelina Love owns both of Laycool in the ring, Michelle McCool is better than Velvet sky in the ring. I think that's where wrestling comparisons should stop.

Michelle McCool is quite obviously an avid watcher of TNA. She's just afraid to admit it. Also the original Beautiful People own anything that Laycool have done.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
How sad must it be to one day wake up and realize that as good as both of them are, more people know Lay-cool and would believe the Beautiful People copied them?
Nah...i dont think so. Im betting most WWE fans know who they are just by seeing pics of them....whether on the net or in magazines.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Laycool do seem to act like a carbon-copy of TBP, but I do find laycool extremely irritating, especially the belt being split in two. Why can't McCool just let layla have the belt for herself, I can't stand her holding that belt all the time.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Laycool are like a PG- Beautiful People. I prefer Laycool since they're funny and not potty mouths. Seriously, I hate when females say the bitch so many times. While Angelina might be better on the mic and in the ring, Laycool's character are better atm. I loved the original heel BP though

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Someone loves the cock
Someones notsure if they do or dont :rolleyes:

I record TNA as apposed to watching live (due to living in the uk) so when I do watch it I can fast-forward through commericials etc, so because its not live there's no real reason for me to watch the ko's. I guess im not as desperate to masterbate as some...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someones notsure if they do or dont :rolleyes:

I record TNA as apposed to watching live (due to living in the uk) so when I do watch it I can fast-forward through commericials etc, so because its not live there's no real reason for me to watch the ko's. I guess im not as desperate to masterbate as some...
No your just a sexiest meat head or a chav.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
1. who gives a shit? fuck all four of them.
2. LayCool is in the WWE. making the big bucks. for every 1 person who knows the beautiful people, there's 10 who know LayCool.

i'm pretty sure that's automatic victory, sorry ladies. but honestly, who really cares.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I actually prefered both Layla and McCool prior to them forming LayCool. Together they are annoying as hell and can't stand to hear their segments, believe me the eyes are okay with them.

I don't really care who copied whom, let's be honest for the most part copying in stables, factions, tag teams, whatever you want to call them, has been going on for years.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
1. who gives a shit? fuck all four of them.
I'd be willing to give it a go.

Honestly, whle I don't doubt LayCool was influenced and inspired by the Beautiful People, I think it's too much to say it's a blatant ripoff. The gimmicks are similar, but not identical.

·
Banned
127 Posts
I think the answer is simple enough.
Lay-cool is far more entertaining for the teenagers and the kids. TBP are far more entertaining for the older ones.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,027 Posts
This is actually ridiculous. Wrestling has been like this for many years. Always copying one another, the fact that Beautiful People and Lay-Cool have simular gimmicks, is just rival companies embarking on their own version.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts