Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well congratulations, RAW, you've put my favorite championship belt of last year in a booking purgatory.

Every week, you have Bliss come out in a bullying sensation to Bayley, Bayley comes out, they fight, but nothing moves forward. Or Bliss beats Mickie James clean in an unconvincing fashion.

You've not updated people on what Nia Jax feels about this, so you've been leaving her off screen, which Bliss could use as presence.

By making Bliss champion and Bayley chasing, now you've entered in a booking purgatory, where if Bayley wins, it's a poor booking choice because she just had the title and if Bliss wins, you further just make Bayley look sillier, while chasing but we know that Bayley either should not win or can't win because she was champion already so soon and it doesn't make sense to make Bayley champion when you've not even set up the Sasha thing.

Meanwhile Bliss being champion just feels very uncompetitive and doesn't offer a very strong aura when she doesn't have Nia Jax coming out consistently like we thought was going to happen. It feels like a purgatory because I know there has to be something bigger than Bliss being champion as a storyline.

It feels like the same crap Bliss booking on SDL, where you have Bliss dethrone a babyface champion, but then CONTINUE to make the babyface champion chase the belt, when people are already thinking "you wouldn't take the belt off the face if you're going to have them chase and get it back?". They did that with Becky and it looked silly that Bliss would keep retaining again and again and again, and didn't get comuppance from the person she originally started stuff with, Naomi ended up beating her instead, in quick fashion. Now we're going to go through with that with Bayley, Bliss will torture Bayley all feud long but maybe Sasha Banks will beat her instantaneously or Nia Jax will turn on Bliss and do it then to win the title.

Then you also drag this feud down even further knowing I'm not going to get a very competitive matchup with a KENDO STICK on a pole match?

I actually care more about the Sasha/Fox program, because, there's heated passion of them both beating each other up and one-upping each other + the addition of Noam Dar and Rich Swan makes it more entertaining.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I fully agree. I knew as far back as that first promo after Bliss had the title.

Bayley came out with that shit eating grin, and talked in her same stupid voice that she uses all the time....gawd...I thought Sasha would punk her and get a title shot instead. I mean the last time this program was even good was was that first promo, and that was only cause Sasha came out, finished off the mic work and had a match with Bliss.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I can't say it's bad until I know the payoff. If it ends up as Becky/Alexa 2.0, but with Alexa getting super armor in every segment instead of just most of them, then yeah, woof.

I'll 100% take this over Sasha/Alicia having 3 min matches and diva catfights for absolutely no reason. At least Alexa/Bayley actually have a story and a point to it.
I'd rather watch Fox/Banks than Bliss/Bayley. The former is an evenly matched feud while the latter is so one sided I don't even care who wins on Sunday. Fox and Banks should have a title feud instead of the other two.
I can't believe I'm defending a feud in which Alexa has dominated, but Sasha/Fox has been absolute nothingness, I can't even call it bad, it's just nothing.

·
Devoted Blissfit
1,095 Posts
I can't say it's bad until I know the payoff. If it ends up as Becky/Alexa 2.0, but with Alexa getting super armor in every segment instead of just most of them, then yeah, woof.

I'll 100% take this over Sasha/Alicia having 3 min matches and diva catfights for absolutely no reason. At least Alexa/Bayley actually have a story and a point to it.
Let's hope it doesn't get to the point of being Becky/Alexa 2.0. The problem with the RAW roster is that while Bayley is a great face, she lacks the ability to tell a story in the ring. That coupled with the fact that Alexa's pretty much the opposite of Bayley in that she's great on the mic and can craft a an awesome character, she flounders as a wrestler somewhat. She's not a terrible wrestler, mind you, but she really needs to tighten up her move set.

Also, what's a diva? :shrug

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Let's hope it doesn't get to the point of being Becky/Alexa 2.0. The problem with the RAW roster is that while Bayley is a great face, she lacks the ability to tell a story in the ring. That coupled with the fact that Alexa's pretty much the opposite of Bayley in that she's great on the mic and can craft a an awesome character, she flounders as a wrestler somewhat. She's not a terrible wrestler, mind you, but she really needs to tighten up her move set.
Surely you meant to say "she lacks the ability to tell a story on the mic." because her in ring storytelling is probably the main thing that keeps her in the same league as Sasha and Charlotte as far as wrestlers go, despite not being as good as them athletically.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Who said Bayley is a great face? :eva Not the way they are booking her. What show are you watching? This is worse than Alexa/Becky. At least Becky had to deal with Mickie James. Bayley can't even handle Bliss who is by herself and people swear Bayley gets better booking.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

·
Locker Room Leader
12,170 Posts
>Ends Charlotte's undefeated PPV Streak
>Can't stand tall against Bliss

Bayley is the worst booked babyface in the entire company. She's surpassed Zayn, Becky and Ambrose from a few years ago.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd rather watch Fox/Banks than Bliss/Bayley. The former is an evenly matched feud while the latter is so one sided I don't even care who wins on Sunday. Fox and Banks should have a title feud instead of the other two.

That's the funny thing! I remember during the Becky/Bliss feud, I was actually wishing for Nikki Bella vs. Natalya to be for the title instead. It always makes me want the other women's feud to have the title!

·
Banned
2,770 Posts
It's just horrible. Bayley hasn't been allowed to look good against Alexa at all. It would be one thing if Alexa was some monster heel like Nia Jax or Braun Strowman, but she isn't. She's 5 feet tall and not physically intimidating at all, so the fact that she's getting the upper hand on Bayley in all of their segments is just ridiculous. WWE just doesn't know how to book faces nowadays

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
That's the funny thing! I remember during the Becky/Bliss feud, I was actually wishing for Nikki Bella vs. Natalya to be for the title instead. It always makes me want the other women's feud to have the title!
Nikki's feuds with Carmella and Nattie were better than Bliss/Becky imo.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
It's just horrible. Bayley hasn't been allowed to look good against Alexa at all. It would be one thing if Alexa was some monster heel like Nia Jax or Braun Strowman, but she isn't. She's 5 feet tall and not physically intimidating at all, so the fact that she's getting the upper hand on Bayley in all of their segments is just ridiculous. WWE just doesn't know how to book faces nowadays
Yeah thats why I have turned against this feud. SO one sided.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
It's the worst booked feed since Reigns vs Rusev and to be honest it's worse because at least we were aware that Rusev wasn't going to be booked good going in. We just didn't think it would be that lopsided. Bayley had just taken the belt off a Charlotte, ffs. Its just dumb to me because Bliss is more than capable of getting herself majorly over with her character and heel tactics. She doesn't need to be booked like she's Goldberg in his prime. Before any of her defenders come in with the Naomi garbage, I'm obviously referencing this feud with Bayley.

At least in the Charlotte feud, the digs at Bayley made more sense and wasn't burying wrestling fans. Charlotte's message wasn't that being a wrestling fans was bad, it was that it must have sucked not to be born into wrestling like she was. The implication was that she was superior because she didn't have to hope her parents would scrape up the money to take her to a show. She's Ric Flair daughter. Which is good heel work. I actually thought the characters presented great counterparts to each other. What is Bliss presenting? That she's the pretty girl that kisses boys that thinks wrestling is for losers. Terrible material.

At this point I'm not even sure a good payoff can salvage this. Bayley's been buried so deep that it's hard to even care if she wins. We've been conditioned to see the heel as cool and the see the face as a complete loser. At this point I'm just hoping for Nia interference so that at least the feud ends with some protection for Bayley and the bleeding can finally be stopped.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts