Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1217 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Re: 'The Batman' Movie (Release Date TBA) Ben Affleck To Direct

I became a fan of Scarecrow with the "Over the Edge" episode of BTAS -- IMO that's easily one of the best and trippiest episodes on the show and gives an idea of what could be done with the character in a live-action movie. They also did him great in the Arkham Asylum (liked him in Arkham Knight too but he was more conventional in that game while Joker stole the show)
Speaking of that episode, it would be pretty cool to see a movie with outlaw Batman on the run from Gordon and the GCPD.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,405 Posts

Past rumours have pointed to The Batman (that's still not the official title, but really should be) being an adaptation of "Under the Red Hood", a story which saw Jason Todd return to Gotham City as a Punisher like vigilante intent on bringing down both the Dark Knight and The Joker. However, with the similarities that storyline has to Marvel's whole Bucky/The Winter Soldier situation and the fact that it's already been adapted in both an animated movie and video game, could the big screen be that tale's next destination? After all, Batman v Superman did seem to hint at that being the case!

Well, Birth.Movies.Death reports that "Under the Red Hood" isn't the plan, but we are going to see plenty of the other members of Batman's rogues gallery in the movie which is being co-written and directed by Ben Affleck. In fact, "It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie. According to my sources Affleck and Geoff Johns, who has been working with him on the film, want to make the definitive Batman film. They want to tell the ultimate Batman story, and to do so they're going to bring in all the big guns. They're going to have a big, sprawling Bat universe already in place."

source: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/01/you-will-probably-see-your-favorite-villain-in-afflecks-batman-movie

Please give us Clayface Affleck!

Reactions: BORT and Oneiros

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

"It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie. According to my sources Affleck and Geoff Johns, who has been working with him on the film, want to make the definitive Batman film. They want to tell the ultimate Batman story, and to do so they're going to bring in all the big guns. They're going to have a big, sprawling Bat universe already in place."
If this is true...

·
Registered
2,862 Posts

Guessing we might get a Arkham Asylum adaption with all the Bat villians involved.

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

"It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie. According to my sources Affleck and Geoff Johns, who has been working with him on the film, want to make the definitive Batman film. They want to tell the ultimate Batman story, and to do so they're going to bring in all the big guns. They're going to have a big, sprawling Bat universe already in place."

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

I'm ready for some reshoots of the Waynes getting shot again.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts

I'm surprised no one is bitching, moaning or freaking out about this. I mean I love it since I know it's probably going to be Batman walking through Arkham and we get to see them in their cells but I fully expect people to complain about this as having "too many characters". You know...typical stuff.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts

Depends on the context. There are scripts that can pull off a lot of things going on, and there are scripts that have too much going on that it bogs down or ruins the movie.

Look at the difference between Avengers 1 & 2.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

Depends on the context. There are scripts that can pull off a lot of things going on, and there are scripts that have too much going on that it bogs down or ruins the movie.

Look at the difference between Avengers 1 & 2.
Do you really think DC can pull off the former?

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,405 Posts

Do you really think DC can pull off the former?
Probably not, but maybe Affleck can?

This news excites me though. Hopefully Affleck wants to channel the Arkham games.

Reactions: Oneiros and BORT

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,405 Posts

I have faith that DC's problem ATM is Snyder and not everyone else.

All I want is a good DC film that doesn't butcher the villains and heroes I grew up loving. My bashing of BVS has, likely, been misconstrued as "Anti-DC" when in all actuality it's "Anti-WB" and "Anti-Snyder".

I just want to see my favourite Batman villains get translated accurately into films like Clayface, Grundy, Bane, Scarface and the Ventriloquist, Scarecrow, and Grundy. I don't want to see "artistic interpretations" of them either (ie. midget Hannibal Bane, Marilyn Manson Joker, Zuckerberg Lex, or troll Doomsday), I want the real deal, and the film itself to be quality.

Is this really too much to ask?

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

All I want is a good DC film that doesn't butcher the villains and heroes I grew up loving. My bashing of BVS has, likely, been misconstrued as "Anti-DC" when in all actuality it's "Anti-WB" and "Anti-Snyder".

I just want to see my favourite Batman villains get translated accurately into films like Clayface, Grundy, Bane, Scarface and the Ventriloquist, Scarecrow, and Grundy. I don't want to see "artistic interpretations" of them either (ie. midget Hannibal Bane, Marilyn Manson Joker, Zuckerberg Lex, or troll Doomsday), I want the real deal, and the film itself to be quality.

Is this really too much to ask?
Personally I'm a lot more open to different artist interpretations than most people, I just felt this movie's main problem was it's presentation. That's not to say though that I didn't think it went too far with certain changes.(lack of heartfelt moments with Superman, Lex acting like the Joker.)

I think if WB really wants to be successful business wise with their universe, they need to look to the Flash with how it's been presented. That TV show fully embraces all it's comic book roots, WHILE at the same time giving things that ARE different and new. It also retains a lot of the heart that the character has always had(unlike Snyder's Superman where it's completely void of it.). It's one of the most perfect comic book shows tone wise IMO.

Now I'm not saying it's one size fits all thing, and not every property should follow that tone(properties like Batman, Constantine, Justice League Dark, Suicide Squad SHOULD be dark), but I really believe it's a wonderful blueprint for 90% of the DC universe, they just need to translate it into movie form.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,405 Posts

Personally I'm a lot more open to different artist interpretations than most people, I just felt this movie's main problem was it's presentation. That's not to say though that I didn't think it went too far with certain changes.(lack of heartfelt moments with Superman, Lex acting like the Joker.)

I think if WB really wants to be successful business wise with their universe, they need to look to the Flash with how it's been presented. That TV show fully embraces all it's comic book roots, WHILE at the same time giving things that ARE different and new. It also retains a lot of the heart that the character has always had(unlike Snyder's Superman where it's completely void of it.). It's one of the most perfect comic book shows tone wise IMO.

Now I'm not saying it's one size fits all thing, and not every property should follow that tone(properties like Batman, Constantine, Justice League Dark, Suicide Squad SHOULD be dark), but I really believe it's a wonderful blueprint for 90% of the DC universe, they just need to translate it into movie form.
I think what you said in paragraph two does not have to be mutually exclusive from paragraph three.

The key is accurate translation of both the characters and the essence of their relationships and stories with one another. If that is done in the films, just like in Flash, it can great films that will please both diehard fans and the general audience alike, regardless of whether the subject matter if dark or light.

Quality and accuracy is what the MCU strives for and every new film does better than expectations as a result, both commercially and critically. This is because hype is met with quality and accuracy is a beautiful clash that pleases all demos.

DC doesn't have to be bright and funny like Marvel to accomplish this, because that's the wrong message to take. They just need to deliver what fans want competently.

Reactions: BORT

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

I think Suicide Squad will give the DCCU a much needed boost.

Reactions: BORT and Blackbeard

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

When Kevin Smith came on to direct the Flash. The people in charge broke down the 3 core things they involve in every episode. A necessity for most comic book adaptations. Humor, HEART, and spectacle.

Reactions: BORT
141 - 160 of 1217 Posts