1201 - 1216 of 1216 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
How many Batman films do we need?
Considering how critically panned, universally divisive and financially underwhelming Batman v Superman and Justice League were, it’s probably for the best that they’re rebooting the character with a trilogy that will more or less makeup for those moves. You know it’s bad when a film about the two most iconic superheroes of all time fighting each other and a film about the DCEU’s version of The Avengers both fail to gross a billion dollars at the box office. In this case, there’s room for one more big-screen Batman just like there was room for another big-screen Joker. A standalone Dark Knight trilogy did wonders for Bale and Nolan, so I think it will do wonders for Pattinson and Reeves. They’re going to be quite the dynamic duo since one’s such a talented actor, and the other’s such a talented director. Everything we’ve heard about The Batman has been promising so far, the first look of the Batsuit has comic book fans even more excited, and it’s only a matter of time until we get a trailer that will break the internet. DC Films have four critical hits in a row thanks to Aquaman, Shazam, Joker and Birds of Prey, and it doesn’t look like that streak’s going to end anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,388 Posts

Some filming in Glasgow today apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reminds me of that bloke in Austrailia who cosplays as Batman, has his own Batmobile and drives around doing things for charity.

But it's still too early to make full judgments. I'm still looking forward to it purely down to how long we've waited, so we'll see how it's looking closer we get.

·
40,752 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,007 Posts
Are they really still making Flash with Ezra Miller? I have a few opinions on that.
It's still on for now. I'm not a fan of his Flash. His quirkiness and quips didn't hit home for me. Maybe with a better script he will be fun.

·
Premium Member
43,944 Posts
I hated Miller as The Flash. They positioned him to be the "MCU style quippy boy" and he just grated on me during the JLA. Its made even worse when I can compare him to the TV show Flash, who (despite a ton of issues with the writing and presentation of that show) is at least charming and likable.

As for Batman, Pattinson's suit is iffy, and doesn't look quite right. I like the new Batmobile though. I hated the Nolan Bat-Tumbler or whatever that thing was as it was too big to accept as reasonable transportation around a crowded city like Gotham. This one has a back to basics approach, and I like it.

1201 - 1216 of 1216 Posts