Wrestling Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1216 Posts

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,316 Posts
@Clique

Oh shit. Emperor Penguin inspiration?

I'm a newbie so not seen this Penguin before but he looks Classy. We've yet to get much classy villains at all.

It's great he gets to play a notable good guy for once lol. I mean he plays an amazing villain, but he can play good guy too.

Ok Baloo and Caesar are notable good guys but they are animated and not human:side:

edit: Farrell as Penguin could work I guess. I don't want Penquin at all, but I like Farrell so I'll allow it.
Farrell is an underrated actor. He was great in Fantastic Beasts, personally think Harry Potter stuff is unoriginal and woefully lacking in self awareness on some stuff but Farrell made the movie watchable.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts

Andy Serkis is not the first name I would have thought of for Alfred, but my interest is piqued.
I don't think he's right for the part. Alfred is supposed to look distinguished, almost regal yet refined and dashing.

Serkis has that sleaze ball look to him with a gravely voice.

With the exception of Dano as Riddler, all other casting is just trash.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,984 Posts

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
'The Batman' Casts John Turturro as Crime Boss Carmine Falcone
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-casts-john-turturro-as-crime-boss-carmine-falcone-1257437?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Matt Reeves' Gotham City is truly going to be crime ridden with all these villains. I'm optimistic about the world building around The Batman's classic rogues gallery.
Finally, a good casting choice since Dano as Riddler.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
This cast so STACKED, it's scary.
Not really.

Who exactly in the movie is an A level star and a huge box office draw? From what I see, either they are B or C level stars at best.

Look at the cast of Avengers IW or Avengers Endgame, now that cast is stacked, and scary.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
10 reason why Robert Pattinson will be a good Batman:

1. He's an incredibly talented actor. Remember Me, Water For Elephants, The Rover, Maps to the Stars, Life, Good Time, High Life, The Lighthouse, etc. proves that. Limiting him to Twilight just isn't fair since he's come such a long way ever since.

2. He's already pulled off a cocky and charismatic billionaire in Cosmopolis. If anyone has what it takes to play a younger version of Bruce Wayne, it's him. Plus, it's smart casting since he's at the perfect age to build a movie franchise off of for the next decade or two.

3. He looks like he's bulked up or the role. Just about every superhero actor works out long and hard enough to get the superhero physique, and he's one of them. Keep in mind that an anorexic Christian Bale put on muscle for Batman Begins, so anything's possible.

4. He has the right height and chin for the part. Love him or hate him, he's pretty much tailor made for the Batsuit. When he dons the cape and cowl, he's 100% going to look like someone who can not only fight crime but strike fear at night in Gotham City.

5. He's being trained for The Batman from the same guy who trained Keanu Reeves for John Wick. Imagine how intense all of the action sequences are going to be. The fact that he's doing most of the stunt work should be something to look forward to.

6. He's done plenty of research for Batman. The amount of comic books and graphic novels he's read shows how much he truly cares about the character. It also shows how much he doesn't want to let anyone down with his performance.

7. He has support from Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan. Nobody should argue with the men who gave us arguably the greatest movie trilogy of all time in The Dark Knight Trilogy. They know full well who and what's right for arguably the greatest superhero of all time.

8. He's not the only controversial comic book casting. Nobody wanted Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, or Heath Ledger as The Joker but they all proved them wrong. If anything, fan backlash only motivates someone to silence all of their harsh critics.

9. He's going to star in the upcoming and highly anticipated Tenet. So far, two incredibly accomplished and respected Dark Knight directors want to work with him. Clearly there's something undeniably special about him that caught their attention.

10. He's going to be directed by one of the best filmmakers today. Matt Reeves has potential to make the second critically acclaimed and financially successful Batman trilogy. Just look at what he did for the last two phenomenal Planet of the Apes flicks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Looks terrible. Far worse than I imagined. I have seen cosplay characters look better than Pattison as Batman.
At this point I don't think we're ever going to see the classic pulp era Batman from the comics portrayed on screen. It looks like everyone always wants to give their own take and modify things to make him more 'grounded' and 'plausible'.

I guess they think it would be 'stupid' for Batman to fight crime wearing a spandex suit. No... he must fight crime in super technological armor like Iron Man. Otherwise no one would buy in I guess? I have no idea.

IMO Batman was always more of a gadgets guy, not a tech guy. He's not Iron Man. Having him fight crime in some indestructible armored suit takes away from the magic a little.

But alas... who knows what Reeves is going for at this point. It may not be the classic take I was hoping for but that doesn't mean it can't be good.

·
Manic Pixie Dream Girl
3,879 Posts
At this point I don't think we're ever going to see the classic pulp era Batman from the comics portrayed on screen. It looks like everyone always wants to give their own take and modify things to make him more 'grounded' and 'plausible'.

I guess they think it would be 'stupid' for Batman to fight crime wearing a spandex suit. No... he must fight crime in super technological armor like Iron Man. Otherwise no one would buy in I guess? I have no idea.

IMO Batman was always more of a gadgets guy, not a tech guy. He's not Iron Man. Having him fight crime in some indestructible armored suit takes away from the magic a little.

But alas... who knows what Reeves is going for at this point. It may not be the classic take I was hoping for but that doesn't mean it can't be good.
Tim Burton's first Batman was incredibly pulpy.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Tim Burton's first Batman was incredibly pulpy.
Yea you're right, I shouldn't have said "never".

But something was missing from B89. I still feel like Bruce/Batman was undeveloped as a character and story wise there really wasn't much happening beneath the surface. That and the all black suit, while stylish and iconic in it's own right, isn't really in line with the classic suit.

For me the ideal Batman is an algomation of the bronze age and the animated series. Perfect blend of whimsy and grit. In fact I would actually hope that one day we get to see the blue and grey suit, but it can only work in a movie that's not taking itself too seriously.

I want a Batman movie that's not afraid to be colorful.

1181 - 1200 of 1216 Posts