Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1217 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,402 Posts
Re: Rumor: Ben Affleck to write & direct 'The Batman' movie

That being said, Affleck will do a great job with the solo batman movie. He can always bring in Kevin Smith to help out too since Smith is a huge comic nerd. They should fire Snyder before its too late from JL. Like I said before they should get Drew Goddard if not him then if Ben does great with batman give it to him.
100%. Whilst i was watching BvS, all i was thinking mostly was........I fucking need a solo Batman movie, with this Batman and with Affleck. To my point that Bane was the best part of TDKR, Affleck was above and beyond the shining light in BvS, both as Bats and as Bruce Wayne, fucker NAILED it IMHO.

I also hope he gets Irons back as Alfred too TBH.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Re: Rumor: Ben Affleck to write & direct 'The Batman' movie

100%. Whilst i was watching BvS, all i was thinking mostly was........I fucking need a solo Batman movie, with this Batman and with Affleck. To my point that Bane was the best part of TDKR, Affleck was above and beyond the shining light in BvS, both as Bats and as Bruce Wayne, fucker NAILED it IMHO.

I also hope he gets Irons back as Alfred too TBH.
They nailed batman except for the guns and killing willie nilllie part. but that can easily be overlooked for how great he was. I told people back when everyone was freaking out how great Affleck was going to be. I think me and soup were one of the only ones to say Affleck was going to kill it. Im sure there were a few others but i remember it was like 90% negative .

and the shooting and killing part can be exampled in a prequel where they show the joker killing Robin, then just saying batman snapped and explain why.

The batman solo movies IMO should be the joker killing robin then the red hood storyline where its jason todd Robin that was "killed".

You could even add in Hush and Hugo Strange for the other batman movies they will do.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Solo Batman movie

After assuming the cape and cowl of the Dark Knight in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Ben Affleck will expand his role in the big screen DC universe. At the Warner Bros presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, the studio confirmed work on a standalone Batman film, with Affleck possibly involved in a role behind-the-scenes.

Onstage, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara confirmed that Affleck is working on a solo Batman film and also appeared to confirm that Affleck is directing; while he didn’t explicitly state that Affleck is writing and directing the movie, Tsujihara listed the actor as one of the “filmmakers” working on the expanded DC universe, along with Aquaman director James Wan.

Affleck is already onboard to play Batman in the upcoming Justice League duology, and rumors have been flying about his participation in a new solo Batman film. Affleck himself told EW that the standalone Batman is “in development.” And last month, his agency told the Hollywood Reporter, “There’s a script that he’s written that is a really cool idea” for Batman. It’s possible that the solo Batman movie could take place before Batman v Superman, before Bruce Wayne went gray-ish.

No word on the standalone Batman release
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/12/batman-movie-ben-affleck-standalone

Now Ben please direct it :yoda

·
Registered
15,734 Posts
Re: Solo Batman movie

Isn't there already a thread for this BORT? :lmao

Interesting bit of news, I guess. People seem to like Affleck's directorial projects and he's a legit Batman superfan so I'm at least open to seing where he takes it. If he manages to make a TRUE standalone Batman reboot with minimum input of JL-related tropes then I'll be relieved

I don't want to see no goddamn Aquaman in my Batman movie :krillin2

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts

It’s possible that the solo Batman movie could take place before Batman v Superman, before Bruce Wayne went gray-ish.
I so wish they do this. Pushing for Under the Red Hood.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

Isn't there already a thread for this BORT? :lmao

Interesting bit of news, I guess. People seem to like Affleck's directorial projects and he's a legit Batman superfan so I'm at least open to seing where he takes it. If he manages to make a TRUE standalone Batman reboot with minimum input of JL-related tropes then I'll be relieved

I don't want to see no goddamn Aquaman in my Batman movie :krillin2
I dunno, I didn't bother looking :draper2.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts

Matt Damon should be Hush :grin2:
Matt Damon would easily get a part if he wanted one. All Ben would have to do is say "Hey Matty, can you do me a favor brother?" and Matt would hop on board and say "long as Jimmy Kimmel isn't anywhere near the production".

:grin2::laugh:

·
Registered
15,734 Posts

@BORT Damon as Hush is brilliant casting :lmao

Matt Damon would easily get a part if he wanted one. All Ben would have to do is say "Hey Matty, can you do me a favor brother?" and Matt would hop on board and say "long as Jimmy Kimmel isn't anywhere near the production".

:grin2::laugh:
They can base the story off of Paul Dini's Batman: Heart of Hush and Jimmy Kimmel can play the role of Selina Kyle

:mj

·
Registered
5,027 Posts

Awesome news. Affleck's portrayal of Batman was one of the few things I liked in BvS. I do enjoy him as a director as well so hopefully we will indeed be seeing him in that kinda of role too. Regardless, I have faith in what he'll be doing here.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

Damn it Ben we need you back in BvS shape. Stop spending time with your family and start consuming baby calfs whole and lifting heavy shit 12 times a day. :lmao

·
Registered
5,811 Posts

Hush has a shit ton going on to balance/make into a quality movie and not be a cluster and I could easily see somebody on the big screen particularly to attract a bigger female audience just accentuating and running away with the Selina Kyle/Bruce Wayne relationship and making that half the movie. As a lifelong bat mark: there are a number of arcs I think that would be an easier movie to juggle but I did enjoy Hush and comic wise: Loeb alongside Denny Oneil writes my favorite Batman in terms of guys with a "run". That said: Loeb has a very large number of detractors (then again: Im on the opposite side of Grant Morrison being that I really dislike Morrison's bizzare, Russoish takes on Batman but that stuff like Russo's draws the people and many worship Morrison so hey different tastes).

Speaking of Denny O'neil: considering Knightfall has already been a basis: much of Denny's stuff is probably too short for the big screen but Tales of the Demon is an excellent story that I think would be very transferable to the main screen and we haven't seen RAG as a main villain on screen yet. Considering Freeze was a punchline in B&R: Id love to see someone talented bind together Heart of Ice and the other good Freeze-centric episode (forget what the name is without looking at my collection or looking it up), add abit and bring it to the big screen maybe with Dini as consultant. At some point: Long Halloween I imagine will get in. Many more I can think of too.

Nobody will do this: but Emperor Joker as a 110 minute movie :maury

101 - 120 of 1217 Posts