Wrestling Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1217 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Catwoman can be a white woman or black woman going back to the 1960s Batman.

Zoë Kravitz is sexy, dark, and a good actress with palpable on-screen presence. More importantly, we don't know how they are portraying any of these characters so we will have to wait and see how well she fits into the narrative.

Outside of the movie, this is a vindicating Hollywood story for Zoë who 10 years ago was told her look was too "urban" to be Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises. I'm proud for her.

·
40,762 Posts
That's why I said why not hispanic Catwoman since we had a black Catwoman before any of us were even born. Wasn't totally serious though. Also Halle Berry but that one is best forgotten.

Zoe is ok. She'll be better than Anne Hathaway most likely but that's not a high bar. Still totally out on Jonah Hill Riddler and it frankly makes care a lot less about this whole thing.

Eiza and Ana were screen tested and neither chosen?

:tenay
Ana de Armas would've been my choice, but I also want her in everything.

Oh and that's a yikes with Zoe being too urban. Hollywood is full of scum.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
That's why I said why not hispanic Catwoman since we had a black Catwoman before any of us were even born. Wasn't totally serious though. Also Halle Berry but that one is best forgotten.

Zoe is ok. She'll be better than Anne Hathaway most likely but that's not a high bar. Still totally out on Jonah Hill Riddler and it frankly makes care a lot less about this whole thing.

Ana de Armas would've been my choice, but I also want her in everything.

Oh and that's a yikes with Zoe being too urban. Hollywood is full of scum.
No Hispanic/Latina was ever an option.

Hill is the deal breaker for me, I've yet to see any role he's done that makes me feel like he'll pull a Ledger or Tennant with the role.

·
40,762 Posts
I just wanted Deathstroke. Even if the actor was purple and from the planet zigador :mj2
Yeah we go from Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke to Jonah Hill as Riddler. Very underwhelming. Joe is built like a IRL superhuman. It doesn't matter that he's not the best actor. He's good enough to play Deathstroke. Hill is just so generic. At least Jim Carrey could make you laugh (he's kind of underrated at this point even if he ruled the world at one time).

Plus Deathstroke challenges Batman so much harder than Riddler. Riddler is a lightweight Batman villain. Deathstroke can actually defeat Batman.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
Yeah we go from Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke to Jonah Hill as Riddler. Very underwhelming. Joe is built like a IRL superhuman. It doesn't matter that he's not the best actor. He's good enough to play Deathstroke. Hill is just so generic. At least Jim Carrey could make you laugh (he's kind of underrated at this point even if he ruled the world at one time).

Plus Deathstroke challenges Batman so much harder than Riddler. Riddler is a lightweight Batman villain. Deathstroke can actually defeat Batman.
There's so much new potential in Deathstroke that it's a big missed opportunity IMO. You only have to go back and look at when Affleck showed us that teaser of him to see how excited people were.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
the problem is not that they cast a black woman. if they were compelled by her audition and they genuinely thought she was best for the role then god bless. hope she does well.

but when you set out to choose a black woman from the start for no other reason than to choose a black woman, that's fucking stupid and there is no justifiable defense for it. it's pandering of the highest order.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Having a black actress play Catwoman is fine.

Specifically only looking at black actresses to play Catwoman is discrimination.

The character should be open to women of all races and whoever does the best audition should get the part. She is not a character who needs to be a specific race like Black Panther or Magneto, so why limit it by race? I just don't see the point.

Zoe Kravitz is a talented actress anyway. I'm sure she'll do a good job. I just wish she earned the part fairly.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
the problem is not that they cast a black woman. if they were compelled by her audition and they genuinely thought she was best for the role then god bless. hope she does well.

but when you set out to choose a black woman from the start for no other reason than to choose a black woman, that's fucking stupid and there is no justifiable defense for it. it's pandering of the highest order.
Not the case. Reeves auditioned Ana de Armas, Eiza Gonzalez and Alicia Vikander among others.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/the-batman-zoe-kravitz-catwoman-1203302757/

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Guys, it isn't always the hottest actress deserve the role more. I know I would be happier to drool over Ana or Eiza but that isn't the only criteria unless the role is just to be eye candy like Bond girls in James Bond movies.

·
40,762 Posts
Guys, it isn't always the hottest actress deserve the role more. I know I would be happier to drool over Ana or Eiza but that isn't the only criteria unless the role is just to be eye candy like Bond girls in James Bond movies.
Ana is a good actress too. She's easily as good as Zoe.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Damn, I missed the news that C Grade villain Riddler is in this... well that's annoying. I would have gone with Gangster Penguin before Riddler.

1101 - 1120 of 1217 Posts