Wrestling Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1210 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,364 Posts
They should honestly just do Arkham in terms of art direction, cinematography, costuming and tone. I would like something that feels like as much a departure as Joker but it don't necessarily have to be as serious and dark and "grounded" as that was. Reincorporate some of the theatricality back into Batman
I'm sure one of the early script ideas was it was going to be set in Arkham and feature a rogue gallery of Bat villains. Well rumour had it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I can't see a serious Riddler because Frank Gorshin's Riddler, which is the only Riddler.
Not necessarily. Over the years, the Riddler has been depicted more seriously from Groshin's in various adaptations like Batman the Animated Series and The Batman. Despite appearing in a handful of episodes, the Riddler from Batman the Animated Series is the closest at embodying the Riddler's true character as a cold, calculating, methodical mastermind.

The only way the Riddler is going to work is by casting him in a more serious light and if they can make it work in the cartoons, there's really no excuse as to why they can't do the same on a cinematic scale.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Not necessarily. Over the years, the Riddler has been depicted more seriously from Groshin's in various adaptations like Batman the Animated Series and The Batman. Despite appearing in a handful of episodes, the Riddler from Batman the Animated Series is the closest at embodying the Riddler's true character as a cold, calculating, methodical mastermind.

The only way the Riddler is going to work is by casting him in a more serious light and if they can make it work in the cartoons, there's really no excuse as to why they can't do the same on a cinematic scale.
Read Batman Earth One Volume 2. The Riddler is a fucking terrorist in that

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Batman Beyond movie with Michael Keaton rumored. I've been asking for this for a long time.

·
Registered
18,880 Posts
Batman Beyond movie with Michael Keaton rumored. I've been asking for this for a long time.
Sometimes I wonder how different the comic book movie genre would be like today if we got a Batman Beyond trilogy instead of Nolan's approach.

·
40,687 Posts

That's reasonable. I was just being hyperbolic because I love Frank Gorshin's Riddler that much.

·
You're Pretty Good
9,764 Posts
I loved Batfleck in BvS but he'd clearly mentally (and physically to be honest) checked out by Justice League. Couldn't blame him but it's a shame he didn't get a solo movie. Also sad that Irons' superb Alfred didn't get more use.

It still amazes how they royally fucked up the DCEU. It was actually impressive. Had the tools to do anything they wanted.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,133 Posts
I loved Batfleck in BvS but he'd clearly mentally (and physically to be honest) checked out by Justice League. Couldn't blame him but it's a shame he didn't get a solo movie. Also sad that Irons' superb Alfred didn't get more use.

It still amazes how they royally fucked up the DCEU. It was actually impressive. Had the tools to do anything they wanted.
WB knows they tripped up by rushing Justice League, but I have to hand it to them for course correcting the ship some with Aquaman and Shazam. Movies with the primary objective to be good movies first before all the extra world-building and super team-up extravaganzas. The latter should be strategic and earned. I’m not optimistic about Birds of Prey, but I think Wonder Woman 1984, The Suicide Squad, and The Batman will all be good.

WB needs to get moving on some Green Lantern movies that builds to Green Lantern Corps.

And Flash...

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

·
40,687 Posts
It's great he gets to play a notable good guy for once lol. I mean he plays an amazing villain, but he can play good guy too.

Ok Baloo and Caesar are notable good guys but they are animated and not human:side:

edit: Farrell as Penguin could work I guess. I don't want Penquin at all, but I like Farrell so I'll allow it.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,133 Posts
@Clique

Oh shit. Emperor Penguin inspiration?

Curveball! I will gladly take Colin Farrell playing the Penguin. Man, this is a strong cast. This won't be an origin in any form. With this amount of characters in the story we will be set in a fully formed Gotham. Fully developed but still young Batman with villains that have been around for a few years. I’m getting “Long Halloween” comic vibes. It'll be a detective story at heart with all villains being suspects and being linked to the overall crime.

edit - that Penguin bod

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,938 Posts
For those worried about Robert Pattinson playing Bruce Wayne/Batman, you may want to take a look at The Lighthouse. Pattinson is every bit Willem Dafoe's match in that chamber piece between thespians.

If the screenplay for The Batman is at all decent, Pattinson will shine.

Matthew McConaughey as Harvey Dent is inspired.

1161 - 1180 of 1210 Posts