Wrestling Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1210 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
25,151 Posts
A lot of people still aren't aware how much Robert Pattinson has grown as an actor since the Twilight series. Largely because many of Pattinson's films have been smaller independent projects - Good Time, High Life, The Rover, etc. Christopher Nolan's Tenant will change minds in 2020. I'm also hearing Oscar buzz for his performance in The Lighthouse this year.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,151 Posts
Ben Affleck was an OK Bruce Wayne. I liked a few of his quips with Clark and Barry. There was some chemistry between Bruce and Diana. He definitely had chemistry with Jeremy Iron’s Alfred.

Batfleck was a total badass in the suit, though. I’d say the warehouse scene in Batman v Superman is one of the very best Batman action sequences ever.

I agree George Clooney wasn’t the best choice, but Batman & Robin was a fail entirely.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I thought Batfleck was far better than Bale. And I would have much rather seen a movie of his own than another "young" Batman reboot this soon.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Affleck had the potential to be the greatest live-action Batman ever, but sadly it was just “wrong place, wrong time”. He was too old and bogged down by questionable creative decisions and a tumultuous personal life.

Bale was a great Bruce Wayne, but his Batman is a meme. That said, I still adore Nolan's trilogy.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,152 Posts
Yeah I don't care about Riddler either. I feel like it'd be hard to make him a compelling villain unless they did like a really slow baked The Prestige style story about pure intellectual superiority (ironically starring Christian Bale who'd be an amazing Riddler). Which I'm not 100% opposed to but Batman does need to beat people up from time to time too. Idk I feel like the Riddler is either really similar to the Joker or really dry. Except for in the Arkham games - but he was a side quest, not a main character. So does he work as one of the big bads or THE big bads. Well, let's see

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thus far, Reeves' casting choices for the Batman (Robert Pattinson as Batman, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman and now with Paul Dano as the Riddler) has intrigued me.

I'm eternally grateful that the rumors of Jonah Hill being the Riddler had no merit. As much as I would've liked if they had gone with a new adversary for Batman like Deathstroke or Black Mask (poor bastard is being featured in Harley and Friends instead), my top pick for a Batman villain getting reintroduced was always the Riddler.

I disagree with the sentiment that the Riddler is a lightweight Batman villain, he's supposed to be up there with the likes of Two-Face and Scarecrow as one of Batman's greatest foes. The best way to reinvigorate that is to finally give the Riddler his due on a cerebral scale. If the idea is for Batman to be the "World's greatest detective", then the Riddler is the best Batman villain to challenge that.

·
6,152 Posts
I think Rob will easily surpass Batfleck but I do want a Batman vs Deathstroke movie one day and I want to be a glorified kung fu movie and I want the last hour to just be an extended hand to hand fight sequence between Bats and Deathstroke. Kinda like the other end of the spectrum compared to this movie

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,365 Posts
I think Rob will easily surpass Batfleck but I do want a Batman vs Deathstroke movie one day and I want to be a glorified kung fu movie and I want the last hour to just be an extended hand to hand fight sequence between Bats and Deathstroke. Kinda like the other end of the spectrum compared to this movie
One can't help but drool over this

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,205 Posts
LOL Batfleck.

They're really going to try with Riddler, maybe it will work but this movie could turn out to be a overly serious dumpster fire.

·
40,695 Posts
LOL Batfleck.

They're really going to try with Riddler, maybe it will work but this movie could turn out to be a overly serious dumpster fire.
Overly serious will hurt it. I can't see a serious Riddler because Frank Gorshin's Riddler, which is the only Riddler. I'm assuming this won't be totally serious like Nolan's. I also don't think it'll be 60s Batman camp. It should have the same tone as WW and Aquaman. Those movies walk a fine line between serious and camp, and they don't take themselves as seriously as Nolan or Snyder.

·
6,152 Posts
They should honestly just do Arkham in terms of art direction, cinematography, costuming and tone. I would like something that feels like as much a departure as Joker but it don't necessarily have to be as serious and dark and "grounded" as that was. Reincorporate some of the theatricality back into Batman

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,205 Posts
Overly serious will hurt it. I can't see a serious Riddler because Frank Gorshin's Riddler, which is the only Riddler. I'm assuming this won't be totally serious like Nolan's. I also don't think it'll be 60s Batman camp. It should have the same tone as WW and Aquaman. Those movies walk a fine line between serious and camp, and they don't take themselves as seriously as Nolan or Snyder.
The only way I can see the Riddler being serious is if they made him more like Jigsaw from Saw. If you're going to go that dark than I think a seriously psychotic mindfuck of a movie with Scarecrow as the villain would be the way to go.

·
40,695 Posts
The only way I can see the Riddler being serious is if they made him more like Jigsaw from Saw. If you're going to go that dark than I think a seriously psychotic mindfuck of a movie with Scarecrow as the villain would be the way to go.
Batman can work when it's really dark, but I don't think that should ever be "main continuity" Batman. I definitely want a Dark Knight Detective Batman, but I'd rather it not go horror even if I love horror. It can possibly have horror elements because crime can be horrific, but I don't want horror show Riddler.

or maybe I do I just don't know it. just make a good movie and make sure Batman is a hero and not a villain thanks.

1141 - 1160 of 1210 Posts