Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
People really seem confused about this storyline progression. "Is Barrett gonna turn face?" "Is he going to SmackDown?"

Here is my opinion on what is going to happen with this feud:

Next week Punk calls out Wade and tells him he's out UNLESS he joins forces with him. Punk will make Wade his second in command and together they will take out the biggest faces in the WWE.In doing so they can truly take over the company!

Punk will handle Cena on Raw. Wade will handle either Undertaker or Edge on SmackDown.

They will be like a modern day "Power-Trip"! Both attaining there true goals for controlling The Nexus and becoming WWE and World champs at WrestleMania or after (depending on who Wade's opponent is)

And the build-up basically writes its self!

Just my two cents!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
People really seem confused about this storyline progression. "Is Barret gonna turn face?" "Is he going to SmackDown?"

Here is my opinion on what is going to happen with this feud:

Next week Punk calls out Wade and tells him he's out UNLESS he joins forces with him. Punk will make Wade his second in command and together they will take out the biggest faces in the WWE.In doing so they can truly take over the company!

Punk will handle Cena on Raw. Wade will handle either Undertaker or Edge on SmackDown.

They will be like a modern day "Power-Trip"! Both attaining there true goals for controlling The Nexus and becoming WWE and World champs at WrestleMania or after (depending on who Wade's opponent is)

And the build-up basically writes its self!

Just my two cents!
could possible happen Punk isnt gaining anything by simply kicking Wade out of the Nexus i mean lets face it Otunga is a joke he couldnt lead sheep let alone men Wade should remain in Nexus as he has basicly carried the group for months now in Wade Punk has a powerful ally .

·
Registered
205 Posts
That wouldn't really make much sense after what happened on RAW. In fact, it would make everything that happened between Barrett, Punk and Nexus seem like a waste. Punk wanted Barrett to follow under his leadership, but Barrett refused, which made them make the deal that if Barrett lost the #1 Contender's Match, he was out. At that point, something still could have happened to turn things around.

Once Barrett insulted Punk backstage and refused to go with things despite the Nexus asking him to, though, it was pretty clear that he wasn't changing his mind. And if that wasn't enough, the whole deal was pretty much sealed when Punk ripped the "N" armband off of Barrett and cost him the match. Punk made it clear that Barrett is out and he won't go back on the deal. And Barrett certainly wouldn't go crawling back to Punk if he was given the chance. He's not going to just forgive him for what happened at the conclusion of the cage match.

Everything that happened on RAW happen for a reason. Why make it all irrelevant?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Punks not stupid. He knows Barrett is a valuable asset. And Barrett knows he can't survive without Nexus. They will eventually come to an agreement

·
Registered
205 Posts
I see what you're trying to say, but I'm sorry - I just don't think it would be in-character for Punk or Barrett to end up aligning with eachother at this point. With what he did at the end of RAW, Punk made a statement. And unless I'm mistaken, Punk is not the kind of guy who would like to go back on something like that.

As for Barrett, he has been the leader of the Nexus group since it began. The way he saw it, he was either the leader or he wasn't in the group at all. Barrett's not the kind of guy that will go back to Nexus to take orders from Punk in a group that he himself started. If anything, what happened at the end of RAW will only make him angrier, not make him want to crawl back to Nexus and feel humiliated by Punk.

You're right, Punk isn't stupid. Even if Barrett did want to come back, Punk wouldn't let him. Not at this point. If Barrett were to rejoin the group, Punk knows he would have to keep looking over his shoulder constantly, anticipating the sure receipt that Barrett will have for him sometime down the line. He's not going to set himself up to get stabbed in the back. When he made the deal with Barrett tonight, he already knew what he was going to do.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Barrett should form his own heel faction with a returning Tarver & Sheffield, they don't neccesarily have to be involved with Nexus at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts