Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rock bottom, stone cold stunner, pedigree, rko, tombstone, spear (not edges), scm, clothesline from hell... And many more.. Those seem like true finishers

I feel like the AA just doesnt seem like a proper finisher anymore... When he didn't on swagger, i felt like it lacked impacted... And unless it's on a heavy person or through a table it doesn't have that finishing "it" factor..

I've never heard people's thoughts on this fireman carry slam, so what do you guys think about it?

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
It's always been a weak looking finisher...but it doesn't matter at this point for the sheer fact that it's finisher of the top babyface in the company. The only time Cena ever really does it and makes it look impactful is when he turns his opponent in air. And that is a pretty rare occurance. At least he still has the STF which is obviously a credible finisher.

Whatever, Hogan's leg drop looked so damn unconvincing thing too (still does), but it stayed over simply because it's...Hogan's finisher. It's no different.

· Registered
496 Posts
It's still a pretty decent finisher to me. Not the best by far but it's got credibility and suits Cena. Probably because he's been using it for so long but whatever.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
Sara Del Ray's version across the knee looks much more grander and precise than Johnny boy.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
I don't like the name of it either. The FU was a better name than the Attitude Adjustment.

The only time I ever heard "attitude adjustment" was when I was a kid. Oooh, Tom's going to the principal's office! He needs an Attitude Adjustment! He might as well have submissions called "The Time Out Chair" and "No Dessert Until You Clean Up Your Room."

· Registered
496 Posts
I don't like the name of it either. The FU was a better name than the Attitude Adjustment.

The only time I ever heard "attitude adjustment" was when I was a kid. Oooh, Tom's going to the principal's office! He needs an Attitude Adjustment! He might as well have submissions called "The Time Out Chair" and "No Dessert Until You Clean Up Your Room."
Calling it the FU definitely made it seem more impactful in itself. Calling it the AA was definitely a step down. And shortening his other finisher to just STF instead of STFU was complete shite.

They should have given it a better name to suit Cena's character, AA as a name doesn't suit him either.

· Registered
4,669 Posts
The Attitude Adjustment has never looked like a credible finisher, it sticks out like a sore thumb when compared to almost any modern finisher in the WWE, let alone the greater wrestling world. Even though Cena's character is a bit of a throwback to the days when moves like that regularly did end matches, it's still annoying to watch.

· Registered
2,775 Posts
It was never a credible finisher to begin with. He lifts a guy up into a fireman's carry and drops them...woopty-doo.

And how is the STF suddenly a credible finisher. Tons of wrestlers have used that in the past as a regular, non-finisher submission move. It's just like Del Rio's armbar...these guys just decide they can use these moves as finishers now and we're all supposed to believe that they do it better than every other wrestler on the planet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.