Wrestling Forum banner

The atrocious crowd on sunday

2208 Views 28 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  jack232
Seriously, what the fuck was that? Just watched the ppv and the crowd was fucking pathetic! Why even bother going if youre going to sit on your arse and make no noise apart from for John Cena?

They didnt deserve Trish and Christian returning.

God I miss attitude era crowds, because they suck giant dick nowadays. It really pisses me off how badly it affects the show.

Rant over.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is, I enjoyed the PPV, the elimination chamber maches were really good, alot better than I thought.

So why the FUCK do the majority of the crowd stay in thier seats and not make a peep until Cena comes out?

Seriously pisses me off. No wonder Vince was pissed with the crowd the other week on Raw, they are 90% garbage today.

Chicago
Detroit
Canada
New york
UK

Thats about it. The rest suck.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
well to be honest i don't think there's much to cheer for. the current "stars" of the wwe are meh.
cm punk got great cheers though.

· Registered
846 Posts
It's not the crowd, it's the product. When the WWE only shoves one man at everybody don't be surprised that he's the only one to get a reaction. You can't expect generic face 1 to be cheered over generic heel 2. And no, adding generic African face against generic Mexican heel doesn't add anything to a match. The only people with a real character are Cena, who is literally now Superman, and mainly Punk. Everybody else is a 'I love this crowd' face or a 'I'm going to insult the crowd to get cheap heat' heel. Those are fine if you have more to add but those alone don't make a character.

And I've noticed that WWE has come to rely on certain 'safe' crowds to use. After going to the original ECW crowds a few times it seems like they've tried to keep with the safer markets which seem easier to control, for lack of a better word. They want people to cheer who they demand they cheer and boo who they demand. That could also just be confirmation bias on my part though.

· Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,508 Posts
Crowd was pretty damn good for the whole entire event. You need to turn your volume up.

Don't be so pissy that no one remembers that midcarder Christian and the most overrated Diva ever.

· Registered
18,863 Posts
People did cheer for christian and trish, and for the most part the crowd was great for the night.

They were even cheering for Del Rio and Punk and booing/cheering during cena-orton exchanged punches.

Can you blame them for not really cheering christian though? To the average fan, he's just another superstar, it's really only on the internet where ppl care about him alot. After hearing the rocks return, ppl expected something crazy for trishes reaction? Unless it was in canada or something, even she wouldn't get a big reaction cause ppl know even if she appeared it won't be something big cause all the divas she has to work with are bad.

· Registered
140 Posts
what are you talkign about? the crowd was great!

· Banned
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They sucked balls.

Just watched it again, terrible crowd.

If that is classed as a 'great' crowd, then God help us.

My volume was up loud, the crowd wasnt.

· The Sundance Kid
47,276 Posts
People on this forum sure do obsess with what the crowd is doing.

I can't recall ever enjoying a wrestling show less or more because of what the crowd was doing. I guess the Raw where the ECW invaded and there were all the bWo ECW fans...that's about it.

OH and that time they threw chairs in the ring. That was dope. Don't think it'd fly in the WWE though. ;D

· Banned
6,835 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, I have no idea why they were chanting for John Cena throughout the entire show, Even the people who were chanting "Cena sucks" must be pretty stupid because they were giving the impression the only thing they cared about in WWE was John Cena, which was actually doing him a favour.

So yeh those guys are stupid.

· Dragon Slayer
6,638 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, I have no idea why they were chanting for John Cena throughout the entire show, Even the people who were chanting "Cena sucks" must be pretty stupid because they were giving the impression the only thing they cared about in WWE was John Cena, which was actually doing him a favour.

So yeh those guys are stupid.

The worst thing was a few months back during some random match on RAW the whole crowd started a Cena chant, a chant for a man who was not involved in the match in any way, and who had not been seen the whole night.

· Registered
922 Posts
I agree. Why even go to the show? I'm not a fan of Cena but those chants/boos were ridiculous, most of which happened when he wasn't even in the match yet. It actually made the guys in the match before Cena entered seem bad or not worth the crowd's attention.

· Registered
9,576 Posts
The crowd was above average with a slight smark tendency. That was the first time I had ever heard anybody cheer for Del Rio. He's clearly catching on as a heel. Don't really know what the OP and those that agree with him are talking about because there have FAR FAR worse crowds than the one in Oakland.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.