Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Asuka Fan Thread and Ramen House (Featuring Robin Buckley)

401K views 11K replies 88 participants last post by  Chelsea 
#1 · (Edited)
You know what to do.

Championships & Accomplishments:
  • CBS Sports
    • WWE Match of the Year (2018) vs. Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair at TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs
  • DDT Pro-Wrestling
    • Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (5 times)
  • JWP Joshi Puroresu
    • JWP Openweight Championship (1 time)
    • Best Bout Award (2013) vs. Arisa Nakajima on December 15
    • Enemy Award (2013)
  • Kuzu Pro
    • Kuzu Pro Diva Championship (1 time)
  • NEO Japan Ladies Pro Wrestling
    • NEO Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Nanae Takahashi
  • Osaka Joshi Pro Wrestling
    • One Day Tag Tournament (2011) – with Mio Shirai
  • Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    • Ranked No. 1 of the top 50 female singles wrestlers in the PWI Female 50 in 2017
    • Woman of the Year (2017)
  • Pro Wrestling Wave
    • Wave Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Ayumi Kurihara (1) and Mio Shirai (1)
    • Catch the Wave (2011)
    • Dual Shock Wave (2011) – with Ayumi Kurihara
  • Reina Joshi Puroresu
    • Reina World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Arisa Nakajima
    • Reina World Women's Championship (1 time)
    • Reina World Tag Team Championship Tournament (2014) – with Arisa Nakajima
  • Smash
    • Smash Diva Championship (2 times)
    • Smash Diva Championship Tournament (2011)
  • Sports Illustrated
    • Ranked No. 5 in the Top 10 Women's Wrestlers of the year in 2018
  • WWE
    • NXT Women's Championship (1 time)
    • WWE Raw Women's Championship (1 time, current)
    • WWE SmackDown Women's Championship (1 time)
    • WWE Women's Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Kairi Sane
    • Money in the Bank (Women's 2020)
    • Royal Rumble (Women's 2018)
    • Third Women's Triple Crown Champion
    • Second Women's Grand Slam Champion
    • Mixed Match Challenge (Season 1) – with The Miz
    • NXT Year-End Award (3 times)
      • Female Competitor of the Year (2016, 2017)
      • Overall Competitor of the Year (2017)
    • WWE Year-End Award for Women's Tag Team of the Year (2019) - with Kairi Sane
Behold! The Previous Threads:

The Empress: Asuka Fan Thread
Empress of Tomorrow: Asuka Fan Thread
Tomorrow Brings Danger: An Asuka Fan Thread
Asuka Fan Thread: The "Easy-Peasy" Edition

See less See more
#8,810 ·
Well, on the plus side, they didn't job Asuka out two-nights-in-a-row. Charlotte interfered, causing a no-contest.

I guess they're gonna do a triple-threat for the title at Backlash.

Rhea seems to have trouble lifting Asuka. Might want to do some more squats in the gym. Slimming out in the past while may not have been to her benefit.

#8,817 ·
Well, they probably didn't get to rehearse in practice rings much when they were in the process of moving the Thunderdome to its new location. But hopefully they can iron out the kinks before the next PPV, as it appears they'll be doing a triple-threat at Backlash.

#8,829 ·
When I swim, if I haven't swum in like 2 or 3 months, I have trouble doing enough laps. I need to get tuned up again via swimming for a couple days before getting into serious business (50-100 laps area).

1 month and half is the longest I can spend without losing my swimming cardio and stamina.

#8,830 ·
I don't think they will take title off from Rhea just because of workrate. Remember Carmella had her reign lasting till SummerSlam despite producing much more matches and Alexa basically rule the raw division for over a year and maybe gearing up for another run. Rhea isn't that bad compared to these two.

#8,831 ·
I'm just glad that this was one of those matches that ended in a no-contest. You tend to forget those more easily over time. Hopefully, whatever the issue is, it gets sorted out.

I like Rhea a lot, but I don't think this is simply a chemistry issue. But we won't know for sure until she's in there with other women on the roster.

#8,836 ·
Overall I will say it doesn't really bode well for Rhea. Rhea selling point is her strength. On one hand you have Bianca easily lifting up Sasha and squatting while doing so, while Rhea basically struggled with Asuka.
Also i don't remember Rhea struggling to pick up Charlotte, Shayna, Raquel or Mercedes. So i don't know what this was...

#8,837 ·
I am still looking for an explanation. Maybe Asuka is not 100%, but Rhea struggled again and again. Maybe an ignored injury or something happened while the match. We saw so many matches with Asuka, something went wrong here. :(

#8,840 ·
Nah, sometimes wrestlers just like to go back to, and complete, a move, to put it behind them, if they botched it once or twice. It's probably just a little bit of compulsiveness on their part.

Anyways, I liked a lot of the transitions tonight (especially the one into the jumping armbar after Rhea caught Asuka's leg), but Rhea's timing, conditioning, and positioning seems to be a bit off, is all. She wasn't in position to step out of the way of Asuka's top-rope dropkick at the last moment, and took a DDT to the apron, rather than the floor, which still looked kayfabe-effective, but was surely a miscommunication.

At any rate, it's nice to see a bigger woman actually selling all of Asuka's offense for once. We'll see how this next round goes with Charlotte. And I don't really care about who's holding the belt at this point. Having it certainly doesn't guarantee PPV appearances anyways. It looks like Asuka will at least be in the RAW title mix for the next little while, so she'll get opportunities to ply her craft in reasonably lengthy matches. Hopefully she and Rhea (and Charlotte) can work out some new routines if there are practice rings situated at the new location of the Thunderdome.

Watched the Mania match again tonight, and I'm still generally cool with it. Wish they hadn't directed Rhea to (heel) trash-talk so much, given that she seems to have already reverted to a face (fans in the Thunderdome were instructed to cheer her), and it slowed the match down somewhat. But it's still a solid wresting match, IMO.

Tonight was a little more concerning with the electric chair botch, but I'm sure they'll sort out that issue before another round.

#8,844 ·
Nah, sometimes wrestlers just like to go back to, and complete, a move, to put it behind them, if they botched it....

Yes, why Rhea bothered to repeat it and make Asuka must hold the ropes to assure Rhea can hoist her(Asuka)body while Rhea already knew she has failed for two times, she turned from Victoria to noob Jackie Gayda(from her debut match against Trish)

Reactions: Ger
#8,852 ·
The first time it look like she goes to fast when she try to grab the ropes and she miss them which make her lose her balance. Her body is sligthly leaning back and with Asuka weight (and the power of gravity) she fall on her back.

The second time i don't understand what took her so long and you can see that Asuka is pushing with her arms on the rope to help her.

#8,865 ·
Because I enjoy much of the rest of their roster, in addition to Asuka, and they are very enjoyable, in and out of the ring, when they are permitted to do their thing. They have an extremely talented and diverse roster across all brands, that often rises above wildly uneven Creative.

Obviously you shouldn't watch a program if you only like one performer in it, but I don't fall into that category.

#8,866 ·
(BTW, folks, Sarray is debuting next week on NXT, and it looks like JoMo's wife will soon be challenging for the NXT Women's belt, so there's a pretty strong possibility that Io will show up on SD on Friday. We might not get 2buki Warriors just yet.)

#8,873 · (Edited)
It's kind of odd that Nia and Shayna haven't dropped their belts by now, what more can they do with them? they already held them for many months.

you would think WWE would want them in the singles division but It doesn't look like it. (just clarifying i'm not saying I personally want that to happen in fact i'm glad Nia is not anywhere near a world title belt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.