Wrestling Forum banner

4581 - 4600 of 4760 Posts

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
@llj It seems pretty apparent if you've been following RAW that Asuka's next challenger at TLC will not be Shayna, or Nia, or even Charlotte.

For the past several weeks, Retribution has been cutting promos specifically targeting Asuka. Reckoning (Mia Yim) has been calling her out on the show, saying that "dancing clown holding the RAW Women's title is part of the system holding us down".

Yes, it's that dumb. No, I don't expect Reckoning to get much offense in, if any. It'll probably be like how Bobby Lashley handled Slapjack at Hell in a Cell. A short 5 minute match where Slapjack got a small bit of offense in, but Bobby never looked in danger of losing.

Well I haven't. If it's true, that would definitely suck, even though there's no danger of Asuka losing the title in a Retribution "feud", it's one of the examples of why at this point I can't stand following this reign anymore.

No offense to Mia Yim, who is actually underrated I feel. But she will not be treated or built up compellingly in ANY way on the main roster.

That being said, Mia can take a good hard bump so if she were in a TLC match it would probably be better than people expect.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,018 Posts
Ok, Carmella feud or the SD title loss? Which one was the biggest pile of turd ever?

That's like picking between piss and vomit.
The Carmella feud is easily worse.

The booking for that feud was awful since it hurt Asuka’s overness temporarily, and since the matches against Carmella were mediocre. It didn’t help that they made Asuka look pretty silly too in those matches.

Asuka randomly dropping her world title on Smackdown weeks before Wrestlemania 35 may have been a bad booking decision, but at least her match against Charlotte was good wrestling-wise.

Plus, that Smackdown crowd didn’t hate the finish (unlike the finishes of the Carmella matches).

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
lol they even did it so it looked like she's is in the Steve Harris position.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I still don't understand why WWE gave Asuka to become Carmella first opponent to defend SDL women's title though they have Naomi to do that task, from storywise, Asuka shouldn't show her face after the streak broken but as like one of "Jedi" ever said, they made her completely idiot after WM34 match by celebrate together with Charlotte, if they pull similar act like Nakamura on same night and by kayfabe Asuka decide to not make a return immediately after the loss, then her return could become huge.

I think her next challenger after Survivor Series probably RECKONING (Mia Yim), there's no way she(Mia) have feud against Dana Brooke, Asuka already make statement that she will make RECKONING kneel before her, but I don't see that match will held for PPV scale. For long term Wrestlemania program, I could feel Asuka won't make it, if Rhea draft to RAW, it means WWE probably prepare "Redemption" story for her against Charlotte and Asuka can sit nicely in catering again or find another partner to challenge women's tag team title.

Asuka seems forgot to update the match ball, though I love the design of FeverNova, and Asuka was just twenty during the Japan and SK World Cup2002

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
I still don't understand why WWE gave Asuka to become Carmella first opponent to defend SDL women's title though they have Naomi to do that task
Because back then they were fully committed to making Carmella the top heel of SD to be Charlotte's nemesis in the long term. They had her go over Charlotte at Backlash, when the latter had just come out of beating Asuka at WM and breaking the streak, then they had her go over Asuka twice and would also close some episodes with her standing tall (a one sided feud where not only she won the big matches, but she also stood tall throughout the build). She flopped big time, so now people are like "what were they thinking?" but back then wwe really thought they had their second Alexa ready to be made in Carmella as laughable as it may sound now lol.

Vince never planned to do a Charlotte vs Asuka feud because he probably thought she was going to be another NXT call up who'd flounder on the main roster. Now it's obvious he was wrong, but back then, the booking was very telling about his opinions on her (she barely got any mic time, for example). He also probably didn't think she'd commit long term with them and would bail back to Japan in short time or something.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I know Asuka willing to work with Carmella and make her as next top star(see the behind the scenes of WM34 with the women) but when WWE s know that plan kinda backfire (they even need a short appearance from Ellsworth to elevate her), they should not continue it or make Carmella defend it with multiple women in Extreme Rules but once again, it seems Vince want make her look stupid and scrap her NXT aura from herself, Shayna maybe look almost have similar path with Asuka but since her main roster debut until now, she never get defeated by clean finish(submit, knocked out by finisher)

·
Manic Pixie Dream Girl
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,588
Jerry Reed music and tamales after a long day of nonsense. Life is good.

I want a Kana match. Bless me with a real winner, Asuka admirers.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,052 Posts
The Carmella feud is easily worse.
This feud lost a lot, when people spoilered themself by spreading Ellsworths comeback. The whole thing was for that surprise moment and it didn`t work. The feud was terrible anyway, but that gave it the rest.

Asuka randomly dropping her world title on Smackdown weeks before Wrestlemania 35 may have been a bad booking decision, but at least her match against Charlotte was good wrestling-wise.
Beside the fan perspective, I don`t see that being a bad booking decision, from the situation they were in. Ronda lost team and Charlotte looked like a third wheel in that women main even, so they put the title on Charlotte. It is not like there was something else build up for Asuka and plz don`t start with that just rumoured match against Sonya, which no casual fan had cared about.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
To be fair, if they do long shot in 2019, Charlotte doesn't need that title since Vince already insert herself to equation but they still able do Becky 2 Belts, like Asuka could still compete at WM as part of first women's main event, like redemption story for Becky, if she can win over Asuka in opening match at WM35, she can go to challenge Ronda and Charlotte. If they pull this scenario,I won't mind Becky beat her and advance to main event and no one will be upset with this.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Guys if we follow your logic then Asuka is going to win because she's promoting her match like crazy

I know I'm killing my promise by popping in here so much this weekend...but I have to speak out about this since I was the one who said it first. To specify--this logic only applies when she knew the outcome beforehand, usually for matches that were taped weeks ahead, or the only booking outcome that made sense was Asuka winning (TLC 2018)

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
I know I'm killing my promise by popping in here so much this weekend...but I have to speak out about this since I was the one who said it first. To specify--this logic only applies when she knew the outcome beforehand, usually for matches that were taped weeks ahead, or the only booking outcome that made sense was Asuka winning (TLC 2018)
Well she already knows who's going to win

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Well she already knows who's going to win
Does she? We've heard from wrestlers that outcomes can be decided minutes before a match occurs.

Besides, she promoted Extreme Rules a ton as well and she lost that match (kinda)

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Does she? We've heard from wrestlers that outcomes can be decided minutes before a match occurs.

Besides, she promoted Extreme Rules a ton as well and she lost that match (kinda)
I believe there was reports saying that the outcome of the match was changed just before the match happened

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
I believe there was reports saying that the outcome of the match was changed just before the match happened
Which happens a lot

Anyway, it doesn't matter who wins today anyway. It's just basically an exhibition match

·
Custom User Title
6,642 Posts
Which happens a lot

Anyway, it doesn't matter who wins today anyway. It's just basically an exhibition match
It's funny, because WWE is promoting this as the final match between the two, and whoever wins, will have won the "feud" between them.

They counted the shitty Extreme Rules (non)finish as a Sasha Banks victory. Which is funny because for months they kept telling us that Sasha didn't actually win that match, and the record books would go down with that as a no contest. But now they are backtracking because they want to make Sasha look somewhat competitive, and probably to have her win this "feud", to make her look good.

...Nevermind the fact that the general sentiment I've seen online (including social media) is that Sasha is still being a massive shithead heel who needs to be taken down a notch.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
It's done to overcompensate for the previous near absolute lack of build. Keep in mind that it's going to be the 2nd hughest match on the card yet they barely promoted it till this very Friday. They are going to need to fake up some stakes in order to make it sound more important, and going 2-2 sounds more dramatic and stakes heavy than 2-0. They did the same with Asuka and Charlotte, where they would often go about how the latter won all of their encounters and then they suddenly decided one day to count the fuckery finish encounters as Asuka wins.

Also, Carmella feud is defo going to be cold, so better to have Sasha aim for a goal that her fans may perceive as bigger (winning avfeud versus the RAW champion is a bigger deal than doing a filler defense against Carmella). Also, expect them to keep this trend of artificially retconning and stretching Sasha's list of kayfabe goals mainly because it's going to be the only way to keep her run with buzz and not becoming cold.

·
Manic Pixie Dream Girl
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,600
It's fine. I've left this site forever about four times.

4581 - 4600 of 4760 Posts