4561 - 4580 of 4761 Posts

·
NBA
4,432 Posts

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,229 Posts
I can see it, yeah.

BTW, who do you realistically think Sasha's opponent at WM will be? I'm not at all convinced Bianca is the plan yet (I need to see more...A LOT MORE Bianca pushing before I come on board with that) and I highly highly doubt they do Bayley v Sasha again.

I tend to think it will either be Rhea or someone from RAW still.
I personally can see Bianca getting the Mania match but maybe not by herself, they might throw someone like Bayley in there to help guide her with Sasha if they don't think she's ready for a singles Mania match.

But one option people are seriously overlooking is Ronda. she has been training a lot lately looking from her instagram so her comeback may happen sooner the expected.

Obviously as a Sasha fan I hope that doesn't happen because if Ronda wins the Rumble and challenges for the SD title her chances of retaining at Mania are nearly zero.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
I personally can see Bianca getting the Mania match but maybe not by herself, they might throw someone like Bayley in there to help guide her with Sasha if they don't think she's ready for a singles Mania match.

But one option people are seriously overlooking is Ronda. she has been training a lot lately looking from her instagram so her comeback may happen sooner the expected.

Obviously as a Sasha fan I hope that doesn't happen because if Ronda wins the Rumble and challenges for the SD title her chances of retaining at Mania are nearly zero.
Hm, I see Ronda challenging (and beating) Asuka before challenging Sasha to be honest. Simply because it's the one top woman she hasn't faced yet.

If Asuka beats Sasha clean tomorrow and faces and beats Shayna at TLC, I'd be even more convinced that Ronda is coming back to face Asuka, so now the results may have some stakes now. Because Asuka doesn't get fattened up unless it's to feed her to someone. It would also explain why no Alexa moves have happened and why the RAW title seems curiously stuck on Asuka despite having nothing for her lately.

The only thing that makes me pause is Fox may want Ronda and Vince capitulates to it.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
Please, no more 2 belts matches. They have overkilled the concept in just two years.

·
4,229 Posts
Hm, I see Ronda challenging (and beating) Asuka before challenging Sasha to be honest. Simply because it's the one top woman she hasn't faced yet.

If Asuka beats Sasha clean tomorrow and faces and beats Shayna at TLC, I'd be even more convinced that Ronda is coming back to face Asuka, so now the results may have some stakes now. Because Asuka doesn't get fattened up unless it's to feed her to someone.

The only thing that makes me pause is Fox may want Ronda and Vince capitulates to it.
Who knows. logically you would think Ronda would go to RAW considering how desperately they need another big star in the women's division.

But FOX may want to steal her and cause vince to crack and give her to them.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Who knows. logically you would think Ronda would go to RAW considering how desperately they need another big star in the women's division.

But FOX may want to steal her and cause vince to crack and give her to them.
Well RAW has plenty o women, and Charlotte is RAW bound, so with Charlotte and Alexa and Asuka plus a bunch of midcard women who've had title shots before they're actually pretty set on RAW in terms of star power.

On SD, pretty much nobody is really a star other than Sasha and Bayley, and Sasha already BEAT Bayley 2x and there's still over 4 months until WM. And Nia herself is still a bigger title threat than everyone else on SD right now other than S&B, not to mention Shayna. So technically, SD would need Ronda as well, right?

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,018 Posts
Big yikes to the obnoxiously long posts and high activity when nothing (bad) has even happened to Asuka yet.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
If wwe's plans are for Sasha to have a program high on the WM card, then they need Ronda, Becky or Charlotte for that.
Sasha fans can go about whatever they want, but Bianca vs Sahsa ain't a WM main event worthy match. I mean, Bayley vs Sasha was a story they devoted months into across 3 brands and it didn't main event HiaC despite it being Sasha's PPV. how do they expect Sahsa to have a big mania program, let alone main event it, without another big name?

It takes two to tango and you don't get abig Mania program without proper talent on the champion's level.

·
4,229 Posts
Well RAW has plenty o women, and Charlotte is RAW bound, so with Charlotte and Asuka plus a bunch of midcard women who've had title shots before they're actually pretty set on RAW.

On SD, pretty much nobody is really a star other than Sasha and Bayley, and Sasha already BEAT Bayley 2x.. Nia herself is still a bigger title threat than everyone else on SD right now. So technically, SD would need Ronda as well, right?
Oh Smackdown needs starpower as well absolutely, but with Bayley and Sasha holding the fort and if they if they continue building Bianca up it might turn out okay in the end.

outside of Shayna there is no one on the RAW roster people actually want to face Asuka i think that's part of the problem, on the SD side most people would be happy with Bianca or a Bayley rematch.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
They can only do Bayley vs Sasha for so long. They stretched it for a good year because they were saving it so that their fans would keep watching in the hopes of seeing those two years long storylines (Sasha vs Bayley at long last since NXT and Sasha finally defending the title succesfully since NXT). Now that they don't have that anymore, they need to come up with big opponents for Sasha. I mean, they can bury RAW's division to make them look better by comparison, but that only does so much if you keep going to that well.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Oh Smackdown needs starpower as well absolutely, but with Bayley and Sasha holding the fort and if they if they continue building Bianca up it might turn out okay in the end.

outside of Shayna there is no one on the RAW roster people actually want to face Asuka i think that's part of the problem, on the SD side most people would be happy with Bianca or a Bayley rematch.
Bayley and Sasha can't hold the fort forever. Plus the feud between them is more or less over.

Look, Asuka was doing great when she was facing the big names too. It's once she went from the Charlottes and Sasha to the...Lanas where she started losing steam.

With Sasha, she already got the next biggest dog out of the way, Bayley. Who even thinks Carmella is gonna beat Sasha? How many are THAT hyped about a Carmella-Sasha match? If they don't build Bianca, then it's Natalya...or Ruby if she's lucky...and those feuds will get the same shitty builds as when Asuka faces someone like Zelina.

I know you're a Sasha fan, but you sound like she's on the level of popularity of Becky as a star that she can singlehandedly carry a brand of scrubs (something even Becky struggled to do before Charlotte and Asuka came over to RAW), while everyone else on RAW isn't. I mean, I'm a homer with Asuka too, but realistically I think it goes Becky>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else in terms of star power. Bayley, Sasha, Asuka, Charlotte...they're more or less the same level of stars.

·
4,229 Posts
They can only do Bayley vs Sasha for so long. They stretched it for a good year because they were saving it so that their fans would keep watching in the hopes of seeing those two years long storylines (sahsa vs bayley at long last since NXT and Sasha finally denfending the title since NXT). now that they don't have that anymore, they ened to come up with big opponents for Sasha. I mean, they can bury RAW's division to make them look better by comparison, but that only does so much if you keep going to that well.
Sasha and Bayley only had one big match this year which was at HIAC so you can't say they faced off too many times.

Their story was long indeed but the ACTUAL feud wasn't, I think it was less then 2 months as a whole which compared to Randy and Drew's feud for example is nothing.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
They only faced each other twice, that's right, but they had been teasing the feud and sharing practically all of their TV appearances since November of last year. the pay off and main hook to this was to finally see those two clash after years of teasing and also to finally see Sasha win the title and defend it succesfully for the first time after having faield the previous 5 runs.

They have done Becky vs Charlotte a lot because it was a hot feud back when it started, but once Becky finally beat Charlotte at Evolution, people really didn't give a shit about that feud for awhile and wanted Becky to move onto Ronda. yet they kept gonig to that same well till fans got fed up and the match up lost any chance of sounding appealing to them.
Same with Asuka vs Sasha. Back in summer, it was a hot match up, but now they have faced each other 4 times in 5 mnoths and are gonig into thweir 5th bout. You ened to keep people apart from rach other for a while or else fans grow tired of seeing the same feuds playing nonstop.

If would be one thing if Bayley and Sasha had spent a good chunk of time apart from each other or if their two previous PPV encounters had had undecisive finishes but thing is, they have been stuck to each other like Siamese twins for a whole year now and have had 2 decisive title matches in a row just some 2 weeks ago at that. Funny how some people complain about Becky always having Charlotte following her around yet have no problem with Bayley being stuck to Sasha nonstop since HiaC last year (and they were already sharing TV time weeks before Sasha got drafted back in CoC).

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Sasha and Bayley only had one big match this year which was at HIAC so you can't say they faced off too many times.

Their story was long indeed but the ACTUAL feud wasn't, I think it was less then 2 months as a whole which compared to Randy and Drew's feud for example is nothing.
Sasha beat Bayley at HIAC and again in the rematch. The feud is over. They may face off again in some tag matches but I truly wonder how or why you'd think it will pick up again at some point anytime soon. Once a feud is over, it's usually over for at least a year, if not more.

The only reason Sasha is facing Asuka again is that the two happen to be champs at this time and they're not ready to pull the title off Asuka yet for some reason. And the only reason Becky faced Charlotte a few more times after Evolution was that they had to move some chess pieces to get some booking outcomes while protecting them both. But for all intents and purposes, Becky and Charlotte's feud ended at Evolution.

·
4,229 Posts
Sasha beat Bayley at HIAC and again in the rematch. The feud is over. They may face off again in some tag matches but I truly wonder how or why you'd think it will pick up again at some point anytime soon. Once a feud is over, it's usually over for at least a year, if not more.
It's because i can't imagine Bayley not being in a title match next year, it would be so odd to leave the women they gave a 500 day title reign out of big Mania match.

I can't see her being in a tag title match and definitely not the battle royal so the other options are the RAW or SD title and the latter seems more likely.

Unless they give Bayley a big none title singles match with a legend or Stephanie but they don't seem to do none title women's match at WM so i'm doubtful

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
It's because i can't imagine Bayley not being in a title match next year, it would be so odd to leave the women they gave a 500 day title reign out of big Mania match.

I can't see her being in a tag title match and definitely not the battle royal so the other options are the RAW or SD title and the latter seems more likely.

Unless they give Bayley a big none title singles match with a legend or Stephanie but they don't seem to do none title women's match at WM so i'm doubtful
Maybe they might throw Bayley into a multi woman here and there but after 500 fucking days as champ she could take the next 12 months away from the title scene and it wouldn't hurt her at all. Hell, Alexa hasn't been in a singles title match in over a year and even you STILL think she's one of the top candidates to beat Asuka.

BTW, whenever Asuka drops the title, whether it's next week or at WM, I'm absolutely prepared for the reality that she will be out of the singles title scene for quite a while after. She's been in the title scene for ALL of 2020, she's faced all of the top women and beaten most of them. There ain't much left but to go down for a while once the title drops.

It happened to AJ Styles too. He had his long run. That was it, and now he's been in the midcard for over a year. Hell, even Orton was basically out of the title scene from 2017-2019 basically.

Charlotte is an exception but even with her they fudge it by keeping her reigns super short and her now-regular sojourns into the boob repair lab that keep her off the title scene

·
Registered
3,647 Posts

·
Custom User Title
6,642 Posts
@llj It seems pretty apparent if you've been following RAW that Asuka's next challenger at TLC will not be Shayna, or Nia, or even Charlotte.

For the past several weeks, Retribution has been cutting promos specifically targeting Asuka. Reckoning (Mia Yim) has been calling her out on the show, saying that "dancing clown holding the RAW Women's title is part of the system holding us down".

Yes, it's that dumb. No, I don't expect Reckoning to get much offense in, if any. It'll probably be like how Bobby Lashley handled Slapjack at Hell in a Cell. A short 5 minute match where Slapjack got a small bit of offense in, but Bobby never looked in danger of losing.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts

So by technically, they count Referee Bayley incident as part of Sasha's victory over Asuka? Gee, how pathetic they can be.
Well, Sasha was a heel during those two wins, so they should count. Besides, when it comes to promoting the match, 2-2 sounds more exciting and stakes heavy than 2-0.

Asuka with that HBK lazy eye. Two impersonations for the price of one :cool:.

Reactions: DammitChrist
4561 - 4580 of 4761 Posts