Wrestling Forum banner

4541 - 4560 of 4760 Posts

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,229 Posts
I think the thing with Shayna is yes they want to push her but not right now that's why they even made this whole tag team with Nia. just buying time till Mania season most likely.

Also as i said Nia can definitely be added to the Mania match she's been the focus of the women's division on RAW for months now they may be building her up for that.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Well, I'm not fed up so much as apathetic because I know Asuka is booked as an afterthought compared to lower names in the division. It's like with the SD run. She held it 100 days, but if you take into account that she and the title disappeared without a trace for an entire month, that actually makes it a 70 days long run.

If Asuka got booked like a proper champion who's important and the centerpiece of the brand's division nistead of this gal who barely makes it to the card, I'd be happier. It's not rocket science, and i think I'm being fair when it comes to what i demand: my fave booked like a proper top champion.
I'm not irked by Lana and Nia getting time since they are no threat to the title and everyone still hates them. Now, should they be getting this much time? Probably not. But if they were in a serious angle I'd be more pissed. I'm more upset they haven't pulled the trigger on Asuka v Shayna and no, I do not believe they "want" to push Shayna and are just holding back, as Sara Sad claims. She's even older than Asuka, isn't as versatile a ring worker, and isn't popular enough to move merch to boot. What does she bring to the table now that her monster booking has been shattered? I am sure the real reason she isn't pushed more is she has little upside left and doesn't make money for them. At the end of the day Vince cares about what money you can make him which is why he still pushes Sasha and Asuka despite them not being his faves. Shayna doesn't bring any of that. Which is too bad because she's still good enough to be a heel to lose to the top stars but evidently even that role is too rich for Vince.

The funny thing is they'll say "What? Asuka's on TV every week! That IS different from her SD run!" (yes, I did read she missed one week recently but that was her first unappearance on RAW in over a year)

Yeah right, instead she's on TV every week wasting her time now.

It's like we have to have a lawyer draw up all the fine print before we get what we want.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
(yes, I did read she missed one week recently but that was her first unappearance on RAW in over a year)
If you count that other RAW the week prior where she only appeared 2 mins in a backstage segment that was about New Day vs Hurt Business, then that makes it 2 weeks since HiaC where she didn't appear. Also, something that I find niteresting is that Asuka's done more talking segments than matches since CoC.

It's like we have to have a lawyer draw up all the fine print before we get what we want.
You don't say, fucking Vince always has to find a way not to totally bend over.

As for Sara Sad's post, yeah, Nia's been getting too much booking devoted to her the past 3 mnoths for this to lead nowhere. We don't like her, but wwe have always been high on her and wanted her to be a top name.

Btw, going back to Asuka being that one top name they are more than willing to feed to the future top name prospects, wonder if they regret having fed her to Natalya and Shayna (jobbing her the way they did was bad, regardless of if the basic idea of jobbing her to Shayna wasn't necessarily bad) to the point that, while Asuka can bounce back from those jobs without issue, beating her ain't a real rub anymore.

I'd add Carmella to that list of fuck ups, but I'm pretty sure Vince doesn't agree, considering he made sure to never give Asuka that win back and that he still tries to make Carmella a thing from time to time.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
If you count that other RAW the week prior where she only appeared 2 mins in a backstage segment that was about New Day vs Hurt Business, then that makes it 2 weeks since HiaC where she didn't appear. Also, something that I find niteresting is that Asuka's done more talking segments than matches since CoC.
Well, she's in no storyline so that's not a surprise about less time. As for matches, well, she wrestled the most matches of all the WWE wrestlers up to September so they prolly thought it's time to dial it back.

ThirdMan mentioned this before, but Becky missed several weeks last fall before they pulled the trigger on the Asuka feud finally in December.

The difference is, everyone expected the Asuka feud to happen so Becky still had direction. With Asuka, we have literally no idea what's gonna happen from week to week. Charlotte gonna come take dat belt? Alexa? Gonna finally do Asuka-Shayna at TLC? Nobody knows.

You don't say, fucking Vince always has to find a way not to totally bend over.

As for Sara Sad's post, yeah, Nia's been getting too much booking devoted to her the past 3 mnoths for this to lead nowhere. We don't like her, but wwe have always been high on her and wanted her to be a top name.

Btw, going back to Asuka being that one top name they are more than willing to feed to the future top name prospects, wonder if they regret having fed her to Natalya and Shayna (jobbing her the way they did was bad, regardless of if the basic idea of jobbing her to Shayna wasn't necessarily bad) to the point that, while Asuka can bounce back from those jobs without issue, beating her ain't a real rub anymore.

I'd add Carmella to that list of fuck ups, but I'm pretty sure Vince doesn't agree, considering he made sure to never give Asuka that win back and that he still tries to make Carmella a thing from time to time.
I almost an inclined to believe that Nia v Asuka at WM37 rumor simply because we've been crying about Asuka's lack of WM wins and having Nia job to Asuka to get it done would be SOOOO Vince. Like, who the fuck cares if Asuka beats Nia now? BUT DURR HER FIRST WM WIN YOU ASKED FOR IT PALS

I'd really rather she drop the title at Mania to someone fresh and new and make a new star. At least it would feel like the reign was worth SOMETHING then. Going over Nia in a pointless match to get WM win out of the way is one of those empty wins Vince does to "give the fans what they want in the worst way possible"

The real reason beating Asuka isn't a rub is they always pick the WORST people to beat her. People who are less popular than her, or people who fans are tired of, people who clearly can't hang in the ring with her. So when Asuka loses, the attention is on Asuka losing to people nobody wants to win. But if they had someone people reasonably liked and physically credible beat her, after a lengthy and strong-ish reign, people would accept it better.

Charlotte or Alexa beating Asuka isn't really gonna help anyone. But if Rhea beat her, and at WM37, people could at least understand it. Rhea may not be super popular anymore, but people don't hate the idea either. She's big and can work, you can buy her strength beating Asuka. You can't buy midget Alexa beating Asuka or the Carmella types. And nobody needs to see Charlotte beat her again. SO JUST DO RHEA V ASUKA AT WM.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
BUT DURR HER FIRST WM WIN YOU ASKED FOR IT PALS

That'd be the most Vince thing to do. Having Nia go over Asuka at mania would be very Vince like, too. In fact, anything involving Nia is very Vince like.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
That'd be the most Vince thing to do. Having Nia go over Asuka at mania would be very Vince like, too. In fact, anything involving Nia is very Vince like.
I'd still favor Asuka beating Nia tbh. Simply because while they like Nia, they clearly realize she's not gonna bring in any merch money or ratings if she were champ, or else she would have won another singles title by now. Now, they might have Nia beat Asuka to get heat so that they can transition to another face without having said face beat Asuka, but if they wanted to do that, it would happen BEFORE Wrestlemania, not AT Wrestlemania.

Anyway, turn Asuka heel and build up a fresh new face to beat her at WM. Do that and I'll watch RAW again.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
Ok which one of these non Charlotte related jobs do you think was the worst move overall: Natalya clean loss on RAW right before the Becky feud, Shayna's squash at EC or the Carmella jobs?

·
Registered
549 Posts
By this time last year, we all knew Becky was going to face Shayna. Becky failing to win her SS match pretty much confirmed it.

With Nia, it doesn't feel like this, Asuka visually had her taped out. Infact Nia current role is very similar to Asuka role last year, where Asuka was misting everyone left and right, while Nia is putting same person through table and being real obnoxious like Asuka was to Becky. In fact, Asuka was even able to pull some sneak victory over Becky. With Nia, its zero/nada. NIA seems more likely a TLC/RR bump.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
O, which of thse non Charlotte related jobs do you think was the worst move overall: Natalya clean loss on RAW right before the Becky feud, Shayna's squash at EC or the Carmella jobs?
The Carmella feud. The Natalya loss was one of those random matches nobody but the bookkeepers remember. Shayna squash was bad in execution (shouldn't have been a squash), but the idea of it was logical under the circumstances of what they wanted to do (Asuka should have come out first before losing to Shayna at the end)

Carmella feud was entirely pointless. She should never have kept the briefcase that long, or she should have dropped the title to Asuka at MITB after a 1 month reign. Asuka was still red hot coming off WM34, people were ready to see her win the title, and Carmella was just not taking at all both in terms of merchandise sales and crowds. To make matters worse, she slid back into the midcard right after losing the belt and was never ever a threat again, so Asuka losing to her was ultimately all for naught.

·
Registered
549 Posts
O, which of thse non Charlotte related jobs do you think was the worst move overall: Natalya clean loss on RAW right before the Becky feud, Shayna's squash at EC or the Carmella jobs?
Carmella jobs easily.

As much boring as Nattie is, she has tapped out Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Nikki bella and so on. Asuka also got her win back quick.

With Shayna, they played hand injury.

I would put that random job to Alexa 2 days before WM over these two

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
Ok, Carmella feud or the SD title loss? Which one was the biggest pile of turd ever?

That's like picking between piss and vomit.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
By this time last year, we all knew Becky was going to face Shayna. Becky failing to win her SS match pretty much confirmed it.

With Nia, it doesn't feel like this, Asuka visually had her taped out. Infact Nia current role is very similar to Asuka role last year, where Asuka was misting everyone left and right, while Nia is putting same person through table and being real obnoxious like Asuka was to Becky. In fact, Asuka was even able to pull some sneak victory over Becky. With Nia, its zero/nada. NIA seems more likely a TLC/RR bump.
Not to be a downer, but if Charlotte beats Asuka like in the next 4 weeks, you can have Charlotte v Nia as a "fresh" feud.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Ok, Carmella feud or the SD title loss? Which one was the biggest pile of turd ever?

That's like picking between piss and vomit.
Hmm tough one. Carmella feud was deflating but she did cheat every time to beat Asuka. So while it hurt her momentum it was just frustrating in the end. She recovered from it 3 months later. The SD title loss was absolute pure bullshit. The very example of simply taking a sword and cutting someone's legs off in one swoop.

I know why they did it. But it was still bullshit. The WM35 main event didn't need it.

I think the SD title loss did more damage imo. I still don't think she fully recovered from it even now.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Not to be a downer, but if Charlotte beats Asuka like in the next 4 weeks, you can have Charlotte v Nia as a "fresh" feud.
This is a possibility, i never considered. But Charlotte is very proud of her WM match qualities, she knows it going to be dumbster with Nia. So she might try to resist it, or add third person: so that Nia can stay out of ring for 80% of the match.

Still a very high possibility.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
Ok, so it's SD title loss>Carmella feud>EC 2020>WM34 finish and post match promo>Natalya job then?

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Ok, so it's SD title loss>Carmella feud>EC 2020>WM34 finish and post match promo>Natalya job then?
SD title loss>WM34 finish>Carmella feud>EC 2020>Natalya job

There's a reason why Asuka fans hate Charlotte so much. No one on the roster has stopped Asuka's momentum as badly as Charlotte has in the biggest moments.

That's why we're all expecting Charlotte to be the favorite to do it again when she returns.

OK, I've posted enough for this week. Back to lurk-once-every-5-days mode again. Probably won't have much to say after SS either, don't really care how it ends, even if Sasha taps Asuka out it's just not something I care much about right now. Hopefully at least it's a good match.

·
NBA
4,432 Posts
Charlotte is to Asuka what Hulk Hogan was to Randy Savage, it seems.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,229 Posts
If Nia vs Charlotte happens the order will be reversed Nia would be the one taking the title from Asuka before Mania and Charlotte would probably return as a face around Rumble time and try to take revenge on her for putting her out of action.

I don't think this match will actually happen btw but if it's the plan somehow that would be the way they would do it probably.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
If Nia vs Charlotte happens the order will be reversed Nia would be the one taking the title from Asuka before Mania and Charlotte would probably return as a face around Rumble time and try to take revenge on her for putting her out of action.

I don't think this match will actually happen btw but if it's the plan somehow that would be the way they would do it probably.
I can see it, yeah.

BTW, who do you realistically think Sasha's opponent at WM will be? I'm not at all convinced Bianca is the plan yet (I need to see more...A LOT MORE Bianca pushing before I come on board with that) and I highly highly doubt they do Bayley v Sasha again.

I tend to think it will either be Rhea or someone from RAW still.

4541 - 4560 of 4760 Posts