Wrestling Forum banner
9901 - 9907 of 9907 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I was speaking more to Asuka actually winning a match against Bianca at Mania. I mean, I suppose there's an outside shot of the match actually happening, but I think WWE would sooner do Rhea vs Bianca than Asuka vs Bianca by that point. And there's also the little blonde who's away due to surgery.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Alexa hasn't won a singles title in over 3 years. I don't think WWE is as high on her as they used to be. I don't view her as a threat to Asuka as much as Charlotte, Becky, Bianca, and Rhea.

·
Custom User Title
7,007 Posts
I was speaking more to Asuka actually winning a match against Bianca at Mania. I mean, I suppose there's an outside shot of the match actually happening, but I think WWE would sooner do Rhea vs Bianca than Asuka vs Bianca by that point. And there's also the little blonde who's away due to surgery.
Unless Rhea wins the Royal Rumble next year, she won't be in a major singles title match at Wrestlemania, I imagine. They've cooled off massively on her. The fact that she's stuck in a go nowhere tag team with Nikki ASH should tell you everything.

And assuming Bianca and Becky are still going to be feuding on RAW (and they will), people will probably want someone like Asuka inserted back into the main title picture. Especially with Becky wanting to feud with her again. Of course, there are a couple of wildcards. They could call up Io Shirai and have her and Asuka team up to feud with Nikki and Rhea. Or they could call her up and have her feud with Asuka in a non-title feud (which seems astronomically unlikely). Or they could just decide that they want to run Becky/Bianca into the ground as hard as they did for Bianca/Bayley.

But I do think audience fatigue is going to set in for Bianca/Becky sooner rather than later. They've already started running out of gas for the feud.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
This "go nowhere tag team" perspective is interesting. She's not in the singles title picture at the moment, so they've instead given her a title that allows her to appear on both shows. And Rhea's still often been wrestling Charlotte for the RAW title on house shows. She's right there, and can be moved right back into the singles title picture on TV at the drop of a hat. They've leaned heavily on the women's tag champs, in terms of number of matches and amount of TV time, in the past few years, regardless of how many teams there actually are. I don't think they're as hot on her as they are on Bianca, but she's still firmly positioned on the second tier right below the 4HW and Bianca.

Anyways, I don't expect Asuka back before the Rumble, and as I said, I think it's far more likely that Asuka ultimately ends up in a tag-team, so they can give her some wins without giving her any more singles titles. They might have her face Bianca in a RAW Title match as a heel (whether Asuka's in a tag-team at the moment or not), but she'd almost certainly lose that match (pulling out a sneaky win in a non-title or tag match would be a best-case scenario).

·
Registered
665 Posts
This "go nowhere tag team" perspective is interesting. She's not in the singles title picture at the moment, so they've instead given her a title that allows her to appear on both shows. And Rhea's still often been wrestling Charlotte for the RAW title on house shows. She's right there, and can be moved right back into the singles title picture on TV at the drop of a hat. They've leaned heavily on the women's tag champs, in terms of number of matches and amount of TV time, in the past few years, regardless of how many teams there actually are. I don't think they're as hot on her as they are on Bianca, but she's still firmly positioned on the second tier right below the 4HW and Bianca.

Anyways, I don't expect Asuka back before the Rumble, and as I said, I think it's far more likely that Asuka ultimately ends up in a tag-team, so they can give her some wins without giving her any more singles titles. They might have her face Bianca in a RAW Title match as a heel (whether Asuka's in a tag-team at the moment or not), but she'd almost certainly lose that match (pulling out a sneaky win in a non-title or tag match would be a best-case scenario).
Its not just tag titles, but they prioritize having Carmella/Liv match on summerslam pre-show rather than tag team title match.

I would say she is in same position as Asuka when she was paired with Kairi and turned heel. But from here the difference starts, Asuka was getting over and over with each segment, so much that she was part of every single PPV from HIAC to WM (where she dropped the title to Alexa/Cross).

I get your point, they handled her tag titles because they want to keep her in audience mind. But tag team don't seem important like Asuka/Kairi, Nia/Shayna and Bayley/Sasha were holding those titles. Rhea/Nikki team is cold like rest of tag champions, and it is very bad position for her to be in. If she doesn't make her stand out like Asuka, she will be staying in mid card for long time.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
We'll have see what women's tag teams they put together once the Draft rosters fully take effect on October 22nd. Until then, Rhea and Nikki are probably gonna be in a holding-pattern. This is a down time of the year for WWE anyways, so the bigger question will be what happens come the Rumble. And with Bayley out for a long time, unless they MASSIVELY heat up a new girl, Rhea and Sasha are still, to me, the front-runners.

Assuming Asuka returns by late January, I can only really see her being in a women's tag-title schmozz at Mania. On the extreme outside chance that she gets a singles title match against one of the younger projects, she's probably losing that match. But she could certainly win a tag-title Mania match.

9901 - 9907 of 9907 Posts