Wrestling Forum banner
9881 - 9900 of 9907 Posts

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
5,653 Posts
I agree. Asuka winning a #1 contender's EC match like Shayna did in 2020 would be a good way to set that up.
Well the last time a women won EC she got screwed at Mania 🙃

Hopefully Asuka doesn't end up jobbing to Becky like Shayna had to do.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Asuka winning EC and facing Becky on WM would be ideal.

She would get her cage match win, and also Asuka/Becky has lot of history behind them.

But I honesty feel like Bayley is going to return as face and have match against Becky (that is the only HW vs HW feud that hasn't happened yet)

On SD, triple threat would between Charlotte/Sasha and Asuka would be instant killer.

In the end, I hope she get on WM card if she is healed. It is yet to be seen how much Vince value her, she will have to overcome 4HW, Bianca, Alexa and maybe Nia/Rhea for WM spot.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,974 Posts
I don't think Asuka got anything left to proof at WWE, but if you want another win, I agree on @sara sad having a win at mania is more important.

In the end, I hope she get on WM card if she is healed. It is yet to be seen how much Vince value her, she will have to overcome 4HW, Bianca, Alexa and maybe Nia/Rhea for WM spot.
They valued her in past and let her carry the division for a longer while. She achieved everything and what some people are asking for is more like the 100% completation of a video game, which she already superior played through successfully. (I may remind you all, that she already had more than one match at mania.) And for that issue, yeah, I agree on it is the question if Vince values her that much. It would not make much sense for WWE, to build her up for mania and then a younger talent brings her over and then Asuka retires. Also I doubt, that Asuka wants it that way at all costs.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I don't think Asuka got anything left to proof at WWE, but if you want another win, I agree on @sara sad having a win at mania is more important.

They valued her in past and let her carry the division for a longer while. She achieved everything and what some people are asking for is more like the 100% completation of a video game, which she already superior played through successfully. (I may remind you all, that she already had more than one match at mania.) And for that issue, yeah, I agree on it is the question if Vince values her that much. It would not make much sense for WWE, to build her up for mania and then a younger talent brings her over and then Asuka retires. Also I doubt, that Asuka wants it that way at all costs.
No doubt, they valued her. In term of booking, she has achieved more than any female talent not named Charlotte/Sasha/Becky, even Sasha is arguable.
So I am kind curious to see where she lands, with new talent coming and Asuka crossing her 40s.

Within Current landscape, I would say:
1-4 4HW
5- Bianca
6- Asuka
7- Alexa
8- Nia

We will have much clearer picture once she returns, if she is still going toe-to-toe with 4HWs.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The 4HW generally have long, competitive matches with her. The question is how she'll be booked when facing some of the newer, up-and-coming talent. If they want beating her (as a gatekeeper of sorts) to actually mean anything for these younger talents, Asuka should probably still win more often than she loses. But then you'll have people online complaining about her "burying" the younger talent if she doesn't always job to them, even though she hasn't even been on the main-roster as long as the 4HW (age be damned). I hope she doesn't get "Mickie-James'd" when she returns, but it's certainly a possibility.

Reactions: Ger

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,974 Posts
Asuka already was in a building-up angles, for example with Zelina last year, but then Zelina had a "pause". The other question is what she really wants to do. She is not Natalya, who is (more or less) into wrestling only and will take anything WWE offers her, as long she can stay. I am not so sure about Asuka is willing to take injuries from Shayna or Nia in the next few years, just to hang around at WWE. And lately since that SD title loss to Charlotte, she knows that things can change days before mania.
I can just speculate, but I can imagine she prefers having a great goodbye story and match, instead of "just winning" a fatal-4 tag team match at mania for examlpe. For the IIconics that was the biggest thing in their life, but it was not for Asuka.

·
Registered
479 Posts
No doubt, they valued her. In term of booking, she has achieved more than any female talent not named Charlotte/Sasha/Becky, even Sasha is arguable.
I think she's achieved more than Sasha. The only thing Sasha has over Asuka is a WM main event, and that was just night 1 of WM so it wasn't the true main event IMO.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Sometimes I don't understand with WWE, they should realize she's not getting younger while Sasha can eat few losses at WM since she's 29 yo, still have long career ahead while Asuka probably won't last 2 - 3 years. Give her one win at Mania won't be issue with WWE , she carried the company during hard time and they had lack options during her reigns after Summerslam 2020, and when they could have potential feud with her Vs Shayna(after Charlotte out because she was sick and Lacey got pregnant), WWE decided choose Rhea, I'm not against Rhea but the feud between them already lack of chemistry and Rhea humiliated herself by so many off choreography when she have match with Asuka.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sometimes I don't understand with WWE, they should realize she's not getting younger while Sasha can eat few losses at WM since she's 29 yo, still have long career ahead while Asuka probably won't last 2 - 3 years. Give her one win at Mania won't be issue with WWE , she carried the company during hard time and they had lack options during her reigns after Summerslam 2020, and when they could have potential feud with her Vs Shayna(after Charlotte out because she was sick and Lacey got pregnant), WWE decided choose Rhea, I'm not against Rhea but the feud between them already lack of chemistry and Rhea humiliated herself by so many off choreography when she have match with Asuka.
Not to mention Rhea sucked as champ.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I was fine with Rhea as champ. They should've allowed her a clean win over Charlotte, but that will come eventually. Otherwise, she was booked strong against everyone else, and was having good matches, for the most part, once she got the kinks sorted out in the early going (heck, she got a decent match out of freakin' Nia, which only Asuka and Sasha had done previously). She needs to loosen up on promos, but that can be said about a lot of people. I'd have no issue with them giving her another singles title run in 2022.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Yeah, they rushed it a bit due to unforeseen circumstances, and they were being wishy-washy with her face/heel alignment. But she's settled in fine now, and is getting good crowd reactions, and will be just fine when she wins a title again. That said, I'd prefer they get the RAW title on Bianca sooner rather than later, and let Rhea and Becky work a non-title feud. Anyways, that's enough non-Asuka talk on the Asuka thread.

·
5,653 Posts
I wonder if Asuka and Naomi would have won the tag titles from Nattie and Tamina instead of Rhea and Nikki if Asuka didn't get injured?

Something to think about.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Maybe, but Naomi's getting an actual non-title story over on SD by herself (which is good!), and we'll have to see if The Squirt Business takes all of the gold at Halloween Havoc, and if Io finally gets sent up, because she's the most logical partner for Asuka, given their history.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yeah, they rushed it a bit due to unforeseen circumstances, and they were being wishy-washy with her face/heel alignment. But she's settled in fine now, and is getting good crowd reactions, and will be just fine when she wins a title again. That said, I'd prefer they get the RAW title on Bianca sooner rather than later, and let Rhea and Becky work a non-title feud. Anyways, that's enough non-Asuka talk on the Asuka thread.
Asuka vs Bianca for the belt at WM would be good, as long as Asuka wins.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
That's a highly unlikely scenario at this point, unfortunately.

·
5,653 Posts
I miss Asuka in hardcore matches like the TLC one against Becky and Charlotte.

Asuka vs Bianca would do so great in a gimmick match (and a regular match obviously) Asuka would get so creative in using Bianca's hair as a weapon against her.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
But the publicity stunt was the priority back then,make Sasha Vs Bianca as first women's main event with color can be good thing for WWE, same like when they booked Nia Vs Bliss at WM34 for "Fight against Bullying".

Right now,they focus on both brand new stars who just get drafted until the rest of the year.

·
Custom User Title
7,007 Posts
That's a highly unlikely scenario at this point, unfortunately.
Eh. I can't really rule it out, to be honest. Because assuming Asuka returns to RAW and isn't shifted over to Smackdown, she'll be by default, the third biggest name in the women's division. Only Becky and Bianca will be ahead of her, and I think its pretty likely at that point that fatigue will probably set in for viewers when it comes to those two women feuding. Especially if they continue it into Wrestlemania. And Liv is never getting pushed seriously either. Same goes for Carmella.

9881 - 9900 of 9907 Posts