Wrestling Forum banner

7761 - 7780 of 7951 Posts

·
NBA
5,809 Posts
Nah, this is per the norm. As you said, they also advertised her last week and she didn't appear either. They advertised her for EC, and she didn't appear either, she was advetised for HiaC, and she didn't appear either.

They like to milk her but not feature her.

·
NBA
5,809 Posts
Asuka must of already lost a few teeth in other matches in the past. I for sure know that her current teeth look different to her original ones in the early 10s. It's also the most common in ring injury and the reason why so many wrestlers have fake white teeth.

·
Custom User Title
6,766 Posts
She lost four teeth apparently. Shayna is definitely going to get some heat from management because of that spot.

They pulled Asuka from RAW Talk after that incident.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
She lost four teeth apparently. Shayna is definitely going to get some heat from management because of that spot.

They pulled Asuka from RAW Talk after that incident.
Holy crap!

·
NBA
5,809 Posts
Nah, losing teeth is just stuff you are risking anyway when taking bumps. don't think Shayna should get heat for it. Asuka's gonna have them replace anyway. The real downside is that she risks getting infected with covid during the surgery.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nah, losing teeth is just stuff you are risking anyway when taking bumps. don't think Shayna should get heat for it.
But it wasn't a bump. Asuka was lying on the ground with Nia in an armbar, and Shayna just kicked her when she was in a stationary position.

·
NBA
5,809 Posts
Natalya's lost teeth and she's been fine, a ton of other wrestlers have lost teeth (including Kana, just look at pics of her teeth years ago and look at her not so current anymore ones) and they were fine. Just tell her to be more careful in the future and that should suffice.

The only really serious thing would've been if she had caused a concussion, as you said.

·
Custom User Title
6,766 Posts
Natalya's lost teeth and she's been fine, a ton of other wrestlers have lost teeth (including Kana, just look at pics of her teeth years ago and look at her not so current anymore ones). Just tell her to be more careful in the future and that should suffice.
Nah, this will likely negatively impact Shayna's career, and in the case of Asuka's teeth nowadays, it's not that hard to get teeth realigned.

The issue is the price point. That's what is gonna piss Vince off. To get a single tooth replaced would be roughly $1500 on the low end, $3000 on the high end. Now multiply that by four. And Vince covers all medical expenses for accidents suffered on the job.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
To be clear, I'm not saying Shayna should be punished for it, only that she might get a talking-to to be a bit more careful. Mind you, Charlotte clocked her with a knee a number of weeks ago.

·
Custom User Title
6,766 Posts
To be clear, I'm not saying Shayna should be punished for it, only that she might get a talking-to to be a bit more careful. Mind you, Charlotte clocked her with a knee a number of weeks ago.
Charlotte is the golden child. She will get away with a lot more than the average wrestler will. And it's pretty public knowledge that Vince doesn't care that much for Shayna at best, doesn't like her at worst. If he finds out that she knocked some teeth out of one of their biggest stars in the division, he's gonna be real mad.

Remember that Cesaro knocked some teeth out of a big star shortly after his debut on the main roster, and he ended up spending a very large chunk of time in the doghouse.

·
NBA
5,809 Posts
Maybe it is because I got my teeth broken so many times in several accidents and fights that at some time I stopped replacing them but, it ain't the end of the world if you got money and want to get your mouth fixed. Hell, I've been rocking dem chipped teeth for years.

As for Shayna, considering Charlotte and Nia have gotten a pass for doing similar or worse stuff and that she's been there to see it, don't think they are going to go too hard on her so as to not have her go off on them for having that double standard.

·
Custom User Title
6,766 Posts
Maybe it is because I got my teeth broken so many times in several accidents and fights that at some time I stopped replacing them but, it ain't the end of the world if you got money and want to get your mouth fixed. Hell, I've been rocking dem chipped teeth for years.

As for Shayna, considering Charlotte and Nia have gotten a pass for doing similar or worse stuff and that she's been there to see it, don't think they are going to go too hard on her so as to not have her go off on them for having that double standard.
Charlotte is the golden child of the division (even if she doesn't deserve it), and Nia constantly leans on her connections to The Rock in order to avoid any meaningful punishment.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well, they're probably gonna drop the tag-titles to Raquel and Dakota soon anyways, and Shayna was more than likely to eat the pin from Raquel regardless. We'll see what happens with her after that.

·
Custom User Title
6,766 Posts
Well, they're probably gonna drop the tag-titles to Raquel and Dakota soon anyways, and Shayna was more than likely to eat the pin from Raquel regardless. We'll see what happens with her after that.
Depends. I don't see them dropping the titles to Raquel and Dakota if Lana and Naomi haven't gotten their tag title match yet. And we are just a little over a week away from the Raquel/Dakota vs Shayna/Nia match.

But I do think that Shayna is gonna be pushed pretty far down the card once she drops the tag titles. I have a feeling her ceiling is going to be lower midcard heel.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
They might do the Lana/Naomi vs ShaNia match next week on RAW, prior to the NXT match. And Raquel and Dakota could still travel to RAW to face Naomi and Lana, if they're intent on giving Raquel a big push, and slowly transitioning Dakota towards the main-roster.

Re: Shayna, given that she's been featured prominently with the tag-titles most weeks and has challenged for a singles title at Mania, I'd say her ceiling has been upper-midcard heel. But as you said, she may drop down the card if they decide to punish her.

I just hope Asuka's OK. She's been through this before, but it's never a good thing.

ETA: BTW, where did you see that she lost four teeth? They apparently said one tooth on RAW Talk.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
Shayna is 40 yo. Makes no sense to give her just some "nice advices".

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
So not only do they not put Asuka in any sort of story role whatsoever, but now she's getting injured too? I think I'd rather just watch Kana Chan TV and turn off Raw permanently at this point...

I was frustrated when they never did Asuka vs Kairi, and now Asuka is just a background character even when she has the title.

7761 - 7780 of 7951 Posts