Wrestling Forum banner

7741 - 7760 of 7951 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Naomi pinned Asuka a few weeks ago. It would have been so damn easy to have a backstage segment where Naomi goes “hey I beat you a few weeks ago, I think I deserve a shot at your title.” Asuka thinks about it for a few second and goes “Yeah ok, let’s have a match.”

Boom you’re done, it fits both of their characters and it takes like three minutes tops.
Yup. Would have been a decent match too. Naomi can go, much more than Lacey Evans can.

Or do Nikki Cross. They have already shown back on NXT that they can do a great match together.

While stories are important, not every match needs a lot of story behind it. They could have and should have had a match with Asuka.

·
Premium Member
Donna Del Mondo ⭐
3,060 Posts
I just hope they do Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley at WrestleMania.. Maybe they can throw Charlotte in there to make it a 3 way, would prefer a singles match but we know Charlotte will be involved somehow.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
Did anyone here really saw the second EC match and expected Asuka to come out to do the main event, with a match which was not announced or had no build up? Why did you think that?

Naomi pinned Asuka a few weeks ago. It would have been so damn easy to have a backstage segment where Naomi goes “hey I beat you a few weeks ago, I think I deserve a shot at your title.” Asuka thinks about it for a few second and goes “Yeah ok, let’s have a match.”

Boom you’re done, it fits both of their characters and it takes like three minutes tops.
You had done nobody a favor with that and put the drive out of the No1 contender team, where Naomi is obviously the stronger partner. Naomi pinned Asuka in a tag team match, where Asuka was distracted and Charlotte left her. Who cares? So you bring Alexa Bliss, who won twice in a row in singles matches against Asuka this year, or we better drop it with lame substitutes and that is exactly what they did.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
They did the thing they should've done last night (one partner costing the other) tonight instead.

Weirdly enough, Asuka was arguably more protected in defeat than Sasha.

Anyways, it looked like Shayna legit kicked Asuka in the head when Asuka had Nia in that armbar. Hope she's OK.

·
NBA
5,809 Posts
Bet they are toying with the idea of Nia as transitional champ to put the title on Charlotte before Mania.

Fuck Vince, and fuck Chuck and Nia. Coupke of fucking wastes of space he loves to push.

·
NBA
5,809 Posts
wwe screwing Asuka at every turn. Of course the sky is blue.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,544 Posts

Asuka deserves better.

I hope Raquel destroys Nia in the upcoming tag match.
Yeah i'm hoping Dakota and Raquel take the belts as well, but i'm afraid they may think she's due to challenge for the singles titles because she pinned Sasha and Asuka.

She also pinned Charlotte when her and Shayna won the belts, kind of crazy how much they are pushing her lately.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nia isn't a good professional wrestler. But it doesn't bother me that much when she pins one of the other women, because she is rather large, and it's perfectly (visually) credible. Asuka got an inadvertent boot-to-the-face from her partner when she was in a vulnerable position, and a leg-drop from a near-300-pound woman. Fine.

It would probably be better if two of the NXT women had the women's tag titles. The only thing that gives me pause is that that might put Nia back into singles titles position, and as I noted, she isn't a good, or particularly safe, professional wrestler (which being in a tag-team can obscure a bit).

Asuka was advertised for Raw Talk but wasn't on.
I didn't see her advertised for Raw Talk this week. She was advertised last week, but they switched it when the Lacey pregnancy thing came up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nia isn't a good professional wrestler. But it doesn't bother me that much when she pins one of the other women, because she is rather large, and it's perfectly (visually) credible. Asuka got an inadvertent boot-to-the-face from her partner when she was in a vulnerable position, and a leg-drop from a near-300-pound woman. Fine.

It would probably be better if two of the NXT women had the women's tag titles. The only thing that gives me pause is that that might put Nia back into singles titles position, and as I noted, she isn't a good, or particularly safe, professional wrestler (which being in a tag-team can obscure a bit).

I didn't see her advertised for Raw Talk this week. She was advertised last week, but they switched it when the Lacey pregnancy thing came up.

·
NBA
5,809 Posts
Asuka was advertised for Raw Talk but wasn't on.

Typical of wwe. They don't want to book her but they surely like to milk her popularity to fake advertize her and promote their stuff.

vince & co are fucking scum.

7741 - 7760 of 7951 Posts