Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
My problem with the Ascension is that they've been a group for quite a while and I can't remember actually seeing them wrestle a "real" match together. Individually, they're fine, but as a team it's all stomp-filled squashes.

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
They have a great gimmick that can work but I have to admit that their biggest weakness is that they have yet to wrestle a match over 5 minutes. The FCW Tag Team Division pretty much died after The Usos, Bateman & Curtis, Sandow & Titus and The Aviadores were separated/called up. The Ancension really has no competition.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
My problem with the Ascension is that they've been a group for quite a while and I can't remember actually seeing them wrestle a "real" match together. Individually, they're fine, but as a team it's all stomp-filled squashes.
I guess that's what NXT is for. Alot of people on here say that Kenneth Cameron is the stand out of the two, but for me it's Conor O Brien. The guy went from the rat guy from NXT4 to intimidating as hell, it's amazing what a gimmick can do for you. Speaking of gimmicks, I think a few people will find them too cheesy and over the top, especially with the strobe-light seizure inducing entrance, but I think that's what the WWE needs right now in an era where everyone is just a guy in tights.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I really do like the Ascension. I simply don't think they really "wrestled" actual matches as a tag team the entire time they were in FCW. From what I've seen, Conor is definitely the better of the two, but he does have two NXT seasons under his belt.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
With Undertaker and Kane both near retirement, the Ascension could be well-positioned to be the next supernatural characters.

We'll see. I expect they'll use Kane in the next year or two to introduce a new supernatural gimmick character or two. I was expecting a young giant guy to be introduced as Kane or Taker's long lost "son" or something. Something that would still allow Taker and Kane to make occasional appearances for a decade after they've retired to give guidance or advice to the new guy.

But maybe these Ascension guys could be a more short-lived, Brood type of gimmick.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
With Undertaker and Kane both near retirement, the Ascension could be well-positioned to be the next supernatural characters.

We'll see. I expect they'll use Kane in the next year or two to introduce a new supernatural gimmick character or two. I was expecting a young giant guy to be introduced as Kane or Taker's long lost "son" or something. Something that would still allow Taker and Kane to make occasional appearances for a decade after they've retired to give guidance or advice to the new guy.

But maybe these Ascension guys could be a more short-lived, Brood type of gimmick.
Kane with a son...who's the mother...Katie Vick? Knowing WWE, they will bring that back up lol.

Maybe they could just do something where Kane is to the Ascension what Paul Bearer is to Kane/Taker. If they continued the Kane-Taker family history or something, it'd be interesting if whoever WWE brought in was something like an orphaned child after their parents were in the same fire as Taker/Kanes parents(but that kid was just born and survived it, lol, they'd be like harry potter, the boy who lived!)

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
They have a good gimmick but I preferred them as a stable with the Guerrero chick and epico.

Conor O'brien and Cameron are too mediocre in the ring for me, they need someone else to carry their matches.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Great gimmick but I haven't seen a real match from them to properly judge them. Also it's a tag team and in the long run it won't mean jack shit.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I only found out about this supernatural Gimmick Tag team this week and WOW I love it!
The Promo was creepy as hell and well done. Same applies to the entrance. I was legit scared for a second when Conor laughed then changed his expression and the glowing eyes in the entrance....Shit it's freaky. It's amazing what a gimmick change can do to someone. Last year Conor was a joke and this year he has an awesome supernatural gimmick that really gives him potential to do big things in WWE.

This is what WWE need right now. A supernatural tag team!

(Y)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'd fully expect them to debut through the use of bearer and to combat kane or taker. Most likely kane seeing as what most recently happened between kane and Paul throughout the kane/ orton feud. Get them in and against an established guy like kane (who would most definitely put them over to establish them straight off the bat. Tag title run and maybe brothers of destruction feud before it could develop into a feud with just Taker and he can give them a bit of a rub.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
I agree they need a third member. Epico wasn't really a fit, Shaul Guerrero was great with them though.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Yeah, Victor (and his recent vulture look) would really fit, as would Paige. I've been hoping they'd go that way. I love the Ascension, but I'm not sold on Kenneth and Conor as a tag team. I'd rather see Conor as the singles guy and something like Kenneth and Victor as the standard tag team (at least initially).

1 - 20 of 87 Posts