Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we just supposed to completely ignore the fact that the self-proclaimed anti-barbie divas have just recently started coming to the ring looking like 5 year olds that just raided their mother's makeup drawer?

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Why do people not get this? Natalya and Beth aren't "anti-glam." They're showing people that you can be smart, sexy and powerful without being a stick-thin bikini model. They're showing people that you can look good AND wrestle.

That and they're doing the whole pinup 50's image. I swear, if I had a dollar for every moron that brings this up...

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Why do people not get this? Natalya and Beth aren't "anti-glam." They're showing people that you can be smart, sexy and powerful without being a stick-thin bikini model. They're showing people that you can look good AND wrestle.

That and they're doing the whole pinup 50's image. I swear, if I had a dollar for every moron that brings this up...
Well said, sir.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Beth/Natalya are doing the best storyline the divas had in a while, so I think we all should be patient. Right now, I think it makes a lot of sense. They just need to add more people to their group. Two people will get boring after a while.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Beth/Natalya are doing the best storyline the divas had in a while, so I think we all should be patient. Right now, I think it makes a lot of sense. They just need to add more people to their group. Two people will get boring after a while.
Except there's nobody on the roster on their level. AJ is a great wrestler but that's about it. Everyone else represents everything that the D.O.D are against. If Eve joins, it will be extremely forced. Kelly would be just laughable. Melina and Gail would have worked but that's gone.

They could of course sign some new talent like Sara Del Rey and Alissa Flash and they could talk about how they're here to clear out the Divas Division of talentless bikini models but then again, they wouldn't be there that long to hold a grudge against that.

Beth and Natalya were pushed aside for the likes of them, and the sooner one of them wins the title, the better.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Except there's nobody on the roster on their level. AJ is a great wrestler but that's about it. Everyone else represents everything that the D.O.D are against. If Eve joins, it will be extremely forced. Kelly would be just laughable. Melina and Gail would have worked but that's gone.

They could of course sign some new talent like Sara Del Rey and Alissa Flash and they could talk about how they're here to clear out the Divas Division of talentless bikini models but then again, they wouldn't be there that long to hold a grudge against that.

Beth and Natalya were pushed aside for the likes of them, and the sooner one of them wins the title, the better.
I agree with this all. There's no one on roster that could really work. Maybe Naomi in FCW but they are going to have to completely change her image. It might work. Ivelisse from Tough Enough could work also. If not, some of the independent wresters you mentioned would work.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

While this is true, if they go back to referring to the divas as "smart, sexy and powerful" again I'd consider it a major backward step.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
Divas? WWE has women wrestlers?

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
If WWE truly cared and had kept Gail and Melina so they could join DOD for them to become a Four Horsemen female-like stable that just ran through the division. Just kicking ass and look good doing it until Kharma returned and challenged Beth for the Divas title at Wrestlemania.

Ah, what fantasy booking.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts

you sir have easily summed up the DOD in the correct way.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
Well look what happened with Kong and look at what is happening with the Divas of Doom/Sisters of Destruction. They are getting casual support, crowd support and IWC support. Even with editing and piped in boos you can still hear face pops.

The idea that WWE could hire 2 or 3 skilled independent wrestlers, have them demolish 4th rate hacks with Beth and Natalya and have that stable be viewed as a heel stable with any heat on it is absurd.

·
Registered
708 Posts
If WWE truly cared and had kept Gail and Melina so they could join DOD for them to become a Four Horsemen female-like stable that just ran through the division. Just kicking ass and look good doing it until Kharma returned and challenged Beth for the Divas title at Wrestlemania.

Ah, what fantasy booking.
You sir, have hit the nail on the head. Have Arn manage them and we'd have the ultimate recipe for success.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts

this

·
Registered
855 Posts
One of my trainers trained sara del Rey and Alissa flash....they are amazing and would put on amazing matches with beth and natayla. Now if they put sara or Alissa in the ring with any of the other girls they might as well have their will ready cause they would destroy and kill them...they would be eaten alive. Sara has beaten the crap out of men lol.

My trainer said something interesting to me one day, he said beth and natayla are wrestlers, the others are playing as wrestlers. Not sure if that will makes sense to anyone here but I totally understood what he ment.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts

What people didn't already know that though? I can't recall people that are so stupid that they didn't already know this. It's common knowledge.

That being said, I enjoy watching 2ML... I feel WWE should let them dominate more though.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
One of my trainers trained sara del Rey and Alissa flash....they are amazing and would put on amazing matches with beth and natayla. Now if they put sara or Alissa in the ring with any of the other girls they might as well have their will ready cause they would destroy and kill them...they would be eaten alive. Sara has beaten the crap out of men lol.

My trainer said something interesting to me one day, he said beth and natayla are wrestlers, the others are playing as wrestlers. Not sure if that will makes sense to anyone here but I totally understood what he ment.
That isn't really brand new information to be honest. Most people can suss that. Only three chicks on the roster had wrestling experience before getting a WWE contract, one of them had something like 20 matches on the independent scene before getting signed.

The rest have been taken from nothing, thrown in developmental, taught the basics and a few fancy moves and are put in the ring. They aren't really learning how to be great workers, they're learning how to wrestle a "Diva match", and by that, I mean hair-pulling, slapping and pretty moves. There's been several stories of the girls getting yelled at backstage for trying out more out-there stuff, like that barricade DDT from Melina and Michelle's NOC 2009 match.

I wouldn't even say they're playing wrestler, they're just being Divas. Which I think is even worse than playing the role of a wrestler.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts