Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have just seen the sequel to the amazing spider man and, wow, what a horrible movie. Just like spider man 3, it is filled with 2 many villians and it is such a clusterfuck. They fooled me with the trailers. Only god damn thing Hollywood are good at.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Re: Amazing Spider-Man 2 is awful

The first one was trash, so I wasn't expecting anything anyhow.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I really had hopes for this one...but yet I fall for hollywoods tricks. They should of just had electro or the green goblin. 1 or 2 villians is enough.

·
Banned
13,409 Posts

The first one was boring as hell, this one just looks like 2 hours of CGI.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts

I liked the first one even if it lacked BoneSaw.

Always hope for Part Two.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts

does he reveal himself as spiderman another 50 times?

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts

Wel they did a great job of botching three classic villains so that was a good start

·
Registered
12,449 Posts

It sounds like you had preconceived notions because of Spiderman 3 . I'm not saying Its a good movie, I haven't seen it but a lot of people aren't giving this series a chance because A)Its not Sam Raimi's trilogy B)Its changed some things and C)theres more than 1 villain .

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts

inb4 the rotten tomatoes score goes to shit and they panic edit the consensus

·
The Man
25,722 Posts

I enjoyed Amazing Spiderman, thought Lizard was a good villain. Hate how his identity was known by a few people though. Even if the reviews were shit I'd still see TASM 2.

·
Tick Tock
5,730 Posts

I had a feeling it would be, the complaint I heard alot is to many enemies

·
Registered
5,048 Posts

Never got the hate for Spider-Man 3. It was a solid movie.

·
#63notout
4,196 Posts

I actually didn't mind Spider-Man 3 but there was so many flaws in the story, Topher Grace as Venom, and don't get me started on the emo dance scene fpalm

From what I've heard from Amazing Spider-Man 2 reviews its more mixed and good reviews for it. I'm still looking forward to it, for dat Stone :yum:
Even though Gwen Stacy will die in this movie.

I'm kinda bummed that they are deciding to go with this Sinister Six storyline, it's fuck all that noise.. Just give me a proper Venom and a badass Carnage :mark:

·
Registered
12,078 Posts

I actually didn't mind Spider-Man 3 but there was so many flaws in the story, Topher Grace as Venom, and don't get me started on the emo dance scene fpalm

From what I've heard from Amazing Spider-Man 2 reviews its more mixed and good reviews for it. I'm still looking forward to it, for dat Stone :yum:
Even though Gwen Stacy will die in this movie.

I'm kinda bummed that they are deciding to go with this Sinister Six storyline, it's fuck all that noise.. Just give me a proper Venom and a badass Carnage :mark:
Just have a good director and based it off of the Remender run of Venom.

·
Banned
1,652 Posts

Never got the hate for Spider-Man 3. It was a solid movie.
Simple:

Just give me a proper Venom and a badass Carnage
Fanboys ruined the movie, period. All the comic book super geeks who think they have to see EVERYTHING as "page to screen" is what killed it. There you have it. I wish it was deeper than that but its not. Raimi said 10000 times he never wanted to Venom. He had spent TWO movies showing the animosity building between Peter and Harry. There you have it, Harry is your villain for the blow off movie, he knows who Peter is from the jump, something Norman and Ock didnt. But no, you had 50000 fucking dickheads screaming "Venom venom venom venom!" and it was put in to appease them. And it suffered from WAY too many villains, and not enough time to tell the story. I mean fuck me running they threw Gwen Stacy in that one too... See if you can notice a pattern here: comic movie is good > order sequel > sequel surpasses original > order 3rd > JAM IT THE FUCK FULL OF CHARACTERS > movie is ugh

-SM1 - great > SM2 - FANTASTIC > SM3 - dud with too many characters and "fanboy pleasing"
-Xmen - great > Xmen2 - FANTASTIC > Xmen 3 epic of shit with WAYYYYYY too many characters added in for "fanboy pleasing." For fuck's sake they did the entire Phoenix Saga AND Dark Phoenix Saga in half of a fucking movie, along with adding Beast/Juggernaut for NO purpose other than "people wanted to see them."
-Batman Begins - great > TDK - FANTASTIC > TDKR - messy plot, ridiculous plotholes, turning baddest villain outside of Joker into a lovesick pussy. Real villain is revealed and lasts 10 minutes. Also tried to combine way too many stories together, ending with The Dark Knight Returns. Oh, "You should go by your real name, I like it. Robin." = pure fanboy pleasing.

Want to make a successful comic book movie? Formula is SIMPLE. Take a character, give them a montage/origin story for liek 20 minutes of the film that is true to the character, then MAKE YOUR OWN GODDAMNED MOVIE. Do not try to please comic book nerds. Do you know how fucking stupid that is? You can do a shot by shot exact replica of Days of Future Past and casual movie goers will approve, comic nerds will rip it apart within 30 min of getting home from seeing it.

That being said, Andrew Garfield is perfect as Spiderman, he is scrawny, and a smartass, and funny. Tobey was not funny, Tobey was emo before SM3("I been reading poetry" "Whatever that means."), and Tobey BUFFED UP to play Spidey......no.....Peter Parker is not fit, or muscular, he is a science geek who works for the newspaper. I hope this movie is at least decent, because i thought 1 was good, and I dont want them to fuck it up Shumacher style to where i wont get to see the character for another 10 years......

Reactions: TheJack
1 - 20 of 311 Posts