Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you name 10 wrestlers that have worked for the WWE in the last 10 years that are worse wrestlers then Alex Riley?

I'm not gonna lie I could only get up to 5 but I stopped watching for a good few years so I may have missed some of the showers of shit WWE has had.

Take into account the dangerous factor too, therefore David Otunga > Alex Riley.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
This Alex Riley-hate on his wrestling skills is getting out of hand. Alright he ain't great, but there are faaaar worse wrestler.
And the Otunga > Riley made me chuckle, thanks.
By the way, you answered your own question for example.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't care much for the guy, but he is somewhat over with the crowd. He's as green as the grinch, but he isn't close to being the worst guy on the roster. He has time for improvement. Hopefully he improves enough to not be too prone to injuring who he's working with as time goes on.

·
Registered
826 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
DUhhhhh he's the world heavyweight champion, which means he's teh best of teh best

Of course, he's DA WORLDS STRONGEST MAN, he has to be the best wrestler out. Gosh, I am so stupid sometimes!

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Riley rules, haters will hate, and Ortunga, Khali, Mason Ryan, Heath Slater, John Morrison, and RANDY ORTON are all either worse, boring, or too much of a bitch to be listed over Riley.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Miz, he's got better but he was far worse than Riley when he started out.

Khali, one of the worst wrestlers of all time.

Shad Gaspard, could execute a few moves well enough but was literally clueless when it came to putting on a match.

David Otunga, like Shad Gaspard without the ability to execute moves well.

Mason Ryan, a man so green that David Otunga would need to carry him.

Buff Bagwell, almost singlehandedly responsible for the burial of the Invasion storyline.

Sabu, his inaility to execute the most simple, low risk moves competently was only matched by his desire to execute difficult, high risk ones.

Ricky Ortiz, no explaination required.

Orlando Jordan, was far too green to be brought up from developmental when he was.

Jeff Hardy. Yes, he was over. Yes, he sold a lot of merchandise. Yes, he was part of some of several legendary matches. No, he isn't better than Alex Riley in the ring given the relative experience of both.

·
Registered
615 Posts

Shad Gaspard, could execute a few moves well enough but was literally clueless when it came to putting on a match.

Buff Bagwell, almost singlehandedly responsible for the burial of the Invasion storyline.

Sabu, his inaility to execute the most simple, low risk moves competently was only matched by his desire to execute difficult, high risk ones.

Orlando Jordan, was far too green to be brought up from developmental when he was.

Jeff Hardy. Yes, he was over. Yes, he sold a lot of merchandise. Yes, he was part of some of several legendary matches. No, he isn't better than Alex Riley in the ring given the relative experience of both.
Piss off, that is just a stupid statement to make!

·
11,236 Posts
Piss off, that is just a stupid statement to make!
Then you clearly don't remember how bad Jeff was 8 or 9 years ago, a point I very clearly made to qualify my asertion. I made the same point about Miz, something you ignored which makes your reply that of a mark rather than the well thought out response of a rational individual.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Then you clearly don't remember how bad Jeff was 8 or 9 years ago, a point I very clearly made to qualify my asertion. I made the same point about Miz, something you ignored which makes your reply that of a mark rather than the well thought out response of a rational individual.
I never said Jeff was ever the most polished performer but to say he is as bad as Riley is stupid and incorrect. I dont even think Riley is that bad but Jeff Hardy has had a hall of fame career so how can you shit on him like that?

·
11,236 Posts
I never said Jeff was ever the most polished performer but to say he is as bad as Riley is stupid and incorrect. I dont even think Riley is that bad but Jeff Hardy has had a hall of fame career so how can you shit on him like that?
I'm saying that the Jeff Hardy of 8 or 9 years ago was a worse wrestler than Alex Riley is today, that's all I'm saying, you are misinterpreting it. Riley has time to improve, he's 30 years old and only started wrestling in 2007, Jeff is 34 and has been wrestling since the mid 90s.

Let me be 100% clear to leave no room for misunderstanding. 34 year old Jeff Hardy is better than 30 year old Alex Riley IS but 30 year old Alex Riley is better than 25 year old Jeff Hardy WAS. Again, the same arguement applies to The Miz, right now he's a better wrestler than Alex Riely but he was far worse when he started in WWE.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm saying that the Jeff Hardy of 8 or 9 years ago was a worse wrestler than Alex Riley is today, that's all I'm saying, you are misinterpreting it. Riley has time to improve, he's 30 years old and only started wrestling in 2007, Jeff is 34 and has been wrestling since the mid 90s.

Let me be 100% clear to leave no room for misunderstanding. 34 year old Jeff Hardy is better than 30 year old Alex Riley IS but 30 year old Alex Riley is better than 25 year old Jeff Hardy WAS. Again, the same arguement applies to The Miz, right now he's a better wrestler than Alex Riely but he was far worse when he started in WWE.
Well I still dont entirely agree but I get what you were trying to say now, your original comment didnt translate that way to me. But you are ofcourse correct that he can and will improve like all young wrestlers.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Great shout I totally forgot about Ricky Ortiz, man he was bad.

I agree with Khali and Ryan, Shad was better then Riley though imo.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Khali

Nathan Jones

Ortiz

Shad Gaspard

Otunga

Mason Ryan

Sandman

Matt Morgan (when he was first called up for Team Lesnar)

The Boogeyman

Jim Duggan

Big Daddy V (he was badass though)

Hardy and Miz on that list are ridiculous.

Also, the person who mentioned Orton should just be banned right away for insanity.

·
11,236 Posts
Hardy and Miz on that list are ridiculous.

Also, the person who mentioned Orton should just be banned right away for insanity.
Once again, Hardy in 2002 and Miz in 2006 were worse than Riley. They've got better since then.

In 5 years time Alex Riley may have improved so much that he's considered the best wrestler in WWE (unlikely but possible). Should that happen people will find it hard to believe there was a time when everyone thought he sucked but that won't make it any less true.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts