Titus Oneil 37
HHH 45
Tyson Kidd 34
Taker 50
Rick Victor 34
Xavier Woods 28
Zack Ryder 29

Average age: 32 1/2

That seems a little steep to me IMO. What is equally frightening is how many of the younger guys have been there for a really long time (stardust) and/or just have no chance whatsoever of making it (Bo Dallas).

Ryder,
Cody,
Dallas,
id argue the Usos

When you look at it its quite a frightening situation to be in for WWE.

Hogan was I believe 30 when he won his first title
So too HBK
Austin 33
Rock just 25
Cena 27

So when you look at the average age of THE guy is 27/28

Most of the guys are above that age and if they are below it they have little chance. Very worrying.

·
Banned
1,353 Posts
All the Shield members are still of good age.

The top NXT guys are in their thirties, that's worrisome given they are still in developmental! Honestly, I feel like they keep people in developmental too long. Teach them what they need to do then give them a proper shot on the main roster.

Thank goodness we at least have Rollins and Ambrose still in their twenties. It really is quite crazy how old all these guys are.

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Not to mention you got folks like Swagger, Kingston, Rose, Usos, Sandow, and Miz just to name a few that have little to no history with injuries who could be wrestling well into their 40s.

Especially when you look like a clear company guy like Swagger who is literally injury free and can work at any level of the card...shit, if WWE doesn't release him I could see him working to his early 50s. He's got the health and is clear of injuries. And he's not the only one.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to mention you got folks like Swagger, Kingston, Rose, Usos, Sandow, and Miz just to name a few that have little to no history with injuries who could be wrestling well into their 40s.

Especially when you look like a clear company guy like Swagger who is literally injury free and can work at any level of the card...shit, if WWE doesn't release him I could see him working to his early 50s. He's got the health and is clear of injuries. And he's not the only one.
But all of these wrestlers you listed are a joke in the eyes of the IWC.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Nah, I wouldn't be concerned. Most wrestlers hit their peeks in their mid 30s anyways and it's not like they're aging badly and they're much safer and healthier than previous rosters, imho.
This.

30 in wrestling is the equivalent of 25 in most sports.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Randy Orton 34 years old... The guy could go another 15 years if he really wanted to.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What does that prove or have relevance?

We're talking about longevity.
I guess my point is that the roster star power is heavily reliant on an old guard and that there is a persistent middle card that has been around forever, getting old, that has no chance whatsoever of replacing the old guard. That is extremely worrying. I highly doubt Stardust will get a gimmick that turns around his 7 or so years of mediocrity.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Attitude Era was filled with guys in their 30's, what's the big deal here?

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
I guess my point is that the roster star power is heavily reliant on an old guard and that there is a persistent middle card that has been around forever, getting old, that has no chance whatsoever of replacing the old guard. That is extremely worrying. I highly doubt Stardust will get a gimmick that turns around his 7 or so years of mediocrity.
Would love to borrow that crystal ball of yours.

And it's the company to blame, not the talent, for their misuse.

·
One of a kind
297 Posts
The thought has crossed my mind, and i do have to admit that i am worried.
But its starting to get better though, elevating Bryan, the shield guys, bray to main event status would be a great step, which it seems like they are planing.

I would also like to see people like Ryback, Barrett, Ziggler, maybe Cesaro & Sandow be in the upper midcard, and playing on the line between main eventing and being in the upper midcard.

Then you have a solid group of ppl to main event, so they wont be so dependant on part timers like lesnar.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The worst of it is you have 4 guys in BNB, Ziggler, Cesaro and Ryback who are 33/34 and have all had hot patches in the past and WWE failed to pull the trigger on them and make legit new stars, plus Cody Rhodes but he is still only 29. Now they're all either stuck in Midcard hell or irrelevant or both

Hopefully Ambrose, Wyatt, Rollins and Reigns are all legit stars and main men of the wwe by the time they're 33

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 20 of 100 Posts