Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This could just be me, but I've always thought that Rey Mysterio's 619 is somewhat feeble. Compare it to another finisher like say... Edge's spear, the power contrast is significant.
The way the wrestlers fall over from the 619 looks overdone completely usually. xD

The 619 has become iconic with Rey Mysterio so I guess there's no way he'll be changing his finisher any time soon.

:gun:

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
It's the worst finisher move ever.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
It is one of the least powerful-looking finishers in the current roster. But people normally oversell it (I'm thinking of Shawn Michaels flying across the ring and almost through the opposite rope).

Seriously, I can't really think of any finisher that looks like it would hurt less than the 619.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
If it was legitimately hit it would probably break your nose and/or cheekbone. It's the selling by the opponent that makes the move look so bad.

·
*something amusing*
1,929 Posts
It used to be good when he would use it on similar size wrestlers and it was just a lead in to the West Coast Pop. I guess it's still being used as a set up move for something but i dunno, it's just not the same. Rey doesnt interest me at all when he's wrestling heavyweights.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
It does look very feeble, and the whole setup to it feels forced.

However, what's a little guy like Rey supposed to do? It's the only finishing manouvere that cuts his bigger opponents down to size.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Trufax

Though out of all the finishers its probably the most definite one. No matter what he follows it up with it most always leads to a three count. So basically if its not countered it ends a match. Another reason I don't really like it.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
It's the fact nobody's sold it right in a long time. Most of them take their arms of the rope and collapse sideways :lmao

An example of good selling (Followed up by some awkward stumbling, which I always hate to see :p )

And some bad selling, followed by some random collapsing afterwards, you could literally hear the crowd go "what the hell" when he collapsed :rolleyes:

·
Registered
410 Posts
It is one of the least powerful-looking finishers in the current roster. But people normally oversell it (I'm thinking of Shawn Michaels flying across the ring and almost through the opposite rope).

Seriously, I can't really think of any finisher that looks like it would hurt less than the 619.
Pedigree, STFU, RKO, Codebreaker, Starship Pain, Zig Zag...

The problem with the 619 is the set up, but in the end is a kick to the face with lots of speed.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Rey's move looks solid, it's 2 solid kicks to the face in one, that's a KO blow 4 sho

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wouldn't compare a move's power to Edge's spear. He pretty much hugs the person to the ground. And judging from how often someone gets injured by the 619 I'd say it's pretty damn powerful.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
i miss the West Coast Pop.

but Edge hardly ever hits the Spear in a convincing way, so bad comparison.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts