Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Golden Era, we had Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior and The Undertaker with their bright, colorful cartoon like characters occupy the WWF show the most and have the greatest presence in the company.

With the New Generation Era, we had Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Diesel and The Undertaker who were all products of the transition from the cartoony characters to more subtle gimmicks.

With the Attitude Era, we had Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H and The Undertaker who all had that edginess, cool factor and felt more realistic and interesting than the eras before them...

And then we have this era...Who are the 4 guys that carry the company like the guys mentioned before RIGHT NOW? Obviously the current generation pales in comparison to the past but surely there are 4 guys that can be looked at said 'without these 4, the company would be absolutely destroyed'?

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Yeah, The Undertaker of all people to be the fourth guy for the GE. Joke? Why not put him in this era, just because! How about you post your 4 first.

Reactions: RiC David

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
With the Golden Era, we had Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior and The Undertaker with their bright, colorful cartoon like characters occupy the WWF show the most and have the greatest presence in the company.
:ti

Anyway, to answer your question: John Cena, Randy Orton, Cm Punk and Daniel Bryan.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Cena, Orton, Reigns, Bryan

those are the top 4 guys right now. Yes Bryan is too

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Cena, Brock, Bryan, Punk

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are only 2.. John Cena and Randy Orton.
Daniel Bryan is knocking on the door but he needs 1 or 2 runs.

The rest is so young, they are hardly pillars... yet.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Obviously the current generation pales in comparison to the past
Sorry, but I just hate reading stuff like this. It's all nostalgia blindness. I mean, opinions are opinions but I hate this idea that old > new unquestionably and obviously. I, for one, strongly disagree.

Anyway, right now, right this very moment I suppose it is Cena, Orton, Reigns and Bryan full time.

Now in the past decade? Cena, Orton, Triple H and Undertaker.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Golden era can be divided into early and late. But as a whole the top four for me would be something like this:

Hogan, Andre, Savage and Warrior. Hogan was influential thoughtout the era. Savage as well but to a lesser extent. Andre was very influential in the first half whereas warrior was very influential in the later half.

For Attitude era I'd have the top five: Austin, Rock, Foley, HHH, Taker.

For the 2005-2010 era it'd be like this

Cena, Batista, Orton, Taker, Edge.

Current era: Cena, Punk, Bryan, Lesnar/Orton

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
but surely there are 4 guys that can be looked at said 'without these 4, the company would be absolutely destroyed'?
Really taking this into account, to tell you the truth I only see 3 currently for this era(would've been a 4th if Phil Brooks didn't walk out).

1. Bryan - he is hands down THE most over guy out of the whole roster right now, and is the only true new STAR in my mind. Not only that but the guy's been "the talk" of the business for the last two years(besides Punk of course). It's quite obvious the WWE would take a HUGE amount of damage if he left.

2. John Cena - This one is quite obvious. What more really can be said about the guy? He's the poster boy for all the children and without him the WWE would basically have no PR representative.

3. Triple H - Him and his "Authority" have without a question been the biggest heels of this era, and Triple H as an onscreen COO has become a mainstay - and will probably continue to be that way for eras to come. The thought of Triple H and the Authority being completely out of the picture seems odd IMO.

BTW I have no idea why Randy Orton keeps being brought up. The guy has been irrelevant since 2010. Even when the WWE pushed him as the "face" of the company last year he still couldn't truly make himself feel relevant.

And this isn't me hating the guy because I like the dude, but if he left I really don't think the WWE would hurt at all.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Bryan, Lesnar, HHH or Rollins, and Reigns are the four pillars of this portion of the PG Era.

The good guys/the underdogs all have difficult missions they want to accomplish to change the landscape, while the bad guys/the dominant stars have exclusive powers derived from their place in the company.

It can already be seen in Reigns vs. Lesnar, Cena vs. Rusev, HHH vs. Sting, Ziggler at Survivor Series, and so forth.

Sorry, but I just hate reading stuff like this. It's all nostalgia blindness. I mean, opinions are opinions but I hate this idea that old > new unquestionably and obviously. I, for one, strongly disagree.
As far as wrestling goes, it is unquestionable and obvious.

I would say it is in general too, but that's arguably an opinion. But it's a fact with regard to wrestling.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Triple H and John Cena.

One guy is no longer with WWE, one guy is a part timer, one is basically retired, and the last guy is basically done at this point.

Sad state of affairs.
It's rather depressing isn't it? Like I've said in previous threads I'm predicting that WM32 will be Cena's last match in the WWE for a while and when he's gone what are they going to do? Hell to make matters worse Orton's most likely going be gone by that point too.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.