Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 537 Posts

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,138 Posts
EVERY SINGLE ADAM COLE MATCH OF 2020 - * * * * * (YES !)

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,018 Posts
I don't think that I ever subscribed/followed a thread so fast :trips8:

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,138 Posts
Especially the the following:

*At Worlds Collide when he gets his chest chopped of by Walter.
*At one of the next Takeovers where Lee plants his ass and takes his title.
The day Lee plants Cole & takes the title is the day an Adam Cole match gets a NO from me. ?

·
12,018 Posts
I give a No, but strongly recommended to Darby Allin vs Cody Rhodes on the Dynamite (1/1/19) episode.

I gave that good match a 7/10 :eek:

I give a No, but strongly recommended to Lucha Bros/Pac vs The Elite on the Dynamite (1/1/19) episode.

I gave that very good match a 7.5/10 :)

·
12,018 Posts
I give a No, but strongly recommended to Alexander Wolfe vs Ilja Dragunov No DQ match on the NXT UK (1/2/20) episode.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,194 Posts
YES to Darby Allin vs Cody Rhodes - AEW Dynamite #13

These two worked a match very similar to their first match, which I really enjoyed. Darby looked tremendous, and he continues to get over in defeats as he always had, and Cody looked like a star still coming out of this was a much needed big win. If anything, I think the first cross rhodes would have been a fine finish, but what they did was good too.

NO but Recommended
- Riho vs Nyla Rose vs Britt Baker vs Hikaru Shida - AEW Dynamite #13

A bit clunky in spots, but for the most part this was a wild, fun match that let everybody work to their strengths. I thought Nyla looked like the kind of monster heel she wants to be, and Shida especially was great too, and got plenty of crowd support. One of the better women's matches they've done

***3/4

YES
to The Elite (Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) defeat The Lucha Brothers (Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix) & PAC - AEW Dynamite #13

It was a spotfest when all was set and done, but there were some spectacular moments here. Omega specifically looked amazing, probably the best I've seen him since the CIMA match, and we got more Fenix/Nick awesomeness too. The last couple minutes were tremendous, and all three Elite members came out of this looking great.

·
12,018 Posts
I give a No, but strongly recommended to Guerrillas of Destiny vs FinJuice for the IWGP Tag titles at Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1.

I gave that good match a 7/10 :eek:

I give a No, but strongly recommended to Lance Archer vs Jon Moxley Texas Deathmatch for the IWGP United States title at Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1.

I give a YES to Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title at Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1.

I gave that great match a 9/10 :mark: :mark:

I give a YES to Jay White vs Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental title at Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1.

I gave that great match a 9/10 :mark: :mark:

I give a YES to Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight title at Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night 1.

I gave that incredible match a 10/10 :clap :clap

·
Registered
660 Posts
Let's see If I can keep up with wrestling this year and add all my MOTYCs here. I will only nominate matcher that I rate 4.5* or higher from now on rather than 4* or higher, since there are too many matches between 4 and 4.5 nowadays, imo.

Anyway, my ratings for WK14 Day 1:

NO to Lance Archer (c) vs Jon Moxley - IWGP US Heavyweight Championship Texas Death Match - ***3/4
Fun match, nothing else to say really.

YES to Will Ospreay (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship - ****3/4
Amazing return for Hiromu and another amazing performance by Will. Apart from two dropkicks that didn't connect (thankfully, due to Hiromu's neck), this was incredible and Hiromu doesn't seem like he wants to slow down too much.

NO to Jay White (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - IWGP Intercontinental Championship - ****1/4
This had some really good stuff and a lot of potential to be better but these two guys tend to pad out their matches too much for my liking. There were several sequences where basically nothing was happening and it got a bit boring. The last half/third or so was really amazing though. These guys should try to stick to 25 mins, though. Also, the interference from Gedo was really unnecessary.

YES to Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kota Ibushi - IWGP Heavyweight Championship - 5*
This match was amzing from start to finish and had a big fight feel throughout. Both men are amazing and the top level. Okada proves that he belongs in the main event after sitting out on it last year and Ibushi showed that he is on that level too and should win the IWGP HW title at some point. As opposed to White/Naito this match didn't feel like it was 30+ minutes which really sets it apart, and quite honestly I feel like these two have an even better match in them, maybe we will see it at some point.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hiromu Takahashi vs Will Ospreay - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom XIV - ****1/2

- That Sasuke Special sequence on the floor was unbelievable! These two were bound to pull off magic together and it didn't disappoint in any way.

Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom XIV - ****1/2

- I'm all for a slow and methodical pace in my wrestling, but I honestly felt this was pretty sluggish in the first third. Fortunately, when Ibushi started being a total dickhead it got AWESOME quickly. I can't believe how stiff some of those shots looked/sounded, even those straight punches. We saw a different kind of Ibushi here and I loved it. It all got a bit Rainmaker-spammy by the end, but the emotion carried this to great heights.

·
The NEW
13,425 Posts
Liger tag - ***3/4
Hiromu vs. Ospreay - ***3/4
Naito vs. White - ***1/2
G.O.D. vs. FinJuice - ***1/2

Moxley vs. Archer - **** - YES!

Fookin' loved this. A wild fight with Moxley fighting from beneath w/ some badass comeback attacks, and Archer was completely awesome brutalizing him on top. The big table spot was great & I loved the plastic bag suffocating + the spike-HELMET. The lads sure made sure to get good use of the Deathmatch gimmick.

Okada vs. Ibushi - ****1/2 - YES!

My thoughts as of now are that this is the best Dome main event since the last Tana/Okada, and an instant classic. Slow build like in every big Okada match, but they make every headlock & all feel super compelling, and once the thing explodes & Ibushi goes into that fucking killer mode?? OH BOY. That finishing stretch was something else too -- that V-Trigger got me good. What a goddamn match.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Okada vs. Ibushi - ****1/2 - YES!

My thoughts as of now are that this is the best Dome main event since the last Tana/Okada, and an instant classic. Slow build like in every big Okada match, but they make every headlock & all feel super compelling, and once the thing explodes & Ibushi goes into that fucking killer mode?? OH BOY. That finishing stretch was something else too -- that V-Trigger got me good. What a goddamn match.
Completely agree with your assessment of the match, not sure whether I would say it was the best Dome main event for the last few years. May I ask how you rated them?

For me I would probably go: Okada/Omega WK11 > Omega/Tana WK13 > Okada/Ibushi WK14 > Okada/Naito WK12

Not quite sure about WK13 and 14 and might switch those two around, but I was more invested in Omega/Tana than in Okada/Ibushi overall so I have that slightly higher. And I'm not saying that Okada/Naito was bad, I rated it 4.5*, I was just expecting a lot more from that match and the other are all 5* classics, imo.

·
The NEW
13,425 Posts
Completely agree with your assessment of the match, not sure whether I would say it was the best Dome main event for the last few years. May I ask how you rated them?

For me I would probably go: Okada/Omega WK11 > Omega/Tana WK13 > Okada/Ibushi WK14 > Okada/Naito WK12
I actually got all the other ones at ***3/4 -- I think I'd rank them: Okada/Ibushi > Omega/Tana > Okada/Omega > Okada/Naito

1 - 20 of 537 Posts