·
Midcard Minivan
6,678 Posts
Mr. No Nominations rolling up again.

No But Recommended

Mustache Mountain vs Grizzled Young Veterans @ NXT Takeover: Blackpool ***1/2
Trent Seven playing the face in peril + Burning Hammer kickouts = success

Starlight Kid (c) vs Utami Hayashishita @ STARDOM New Year Stars ***1/2
This was an absolute treat, since the first time I watched Utami wrestle against Mayu last year I've been a fan. Her facial expressions and the way she carries herself are A1, and the fact that she leans in to selling as heavily as she does makes her a woman after my own heart. Overall this was just a perfectly solid match with Starlight targeting Utami's leg, and Utami throwing fat lariats at a child. Good stuff.

·
Registered
170 Posts
No but recommended:

Austin Aries vs Eddie Edwards
Warrior Wrestling 3

Hideo Itami vs Cedric Alexander
205 LIVE 1/9

***3/4

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Le Champion
18,661 Posts
*** 3/4 (NO But Recommended) for Sekimoto vs. Sato. Quality stiff-fest with some good struggle. Those headbutts from Sato were disgusting. Here's another link too if someone needs it: https://rutube.ru/video/2ae3ba80892e0520084c2bcbb40ed904

I thought Ohtani/Hino was a quality midcard match but I don't see anyone else other than Yaffa nominating it in here. :p

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Most Yuji Hino matches have a 99% success rate with me.

So, there's that.

Itami vs Alexander was good this week, but I def preferred Dar vs Nese. Bit of a surprise, there.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
Moustache Mountain vs GYV ***1/2

Good match. Had no sound however which I assume may influence people. Crowd looked electric considering they hit many of the false finish high notes.

·
Pico pal q lee
3,111 Posts
YES to

Daisuke Sekimoto vs Kohei Sato - ZERO1 Happy New Year 1/1/2019

A back and forth "beat the fuck out of each other" 20 minute match. Not much more to it, pretty damn dope, some of the exchanges were brutal. Sato didn't give one single fuck about Daisuke's well being. Good crowd too.

·
The NEW
13,419 Posts
The ME had a few really great ideas w/ the back work by Coffey, but Dunne no sold that, and every time they went back to it, they would be having a shitty indy sequence a moment later. A very messy structure, and Jesus did the match go way too long.

I liked the finish too. Dunne had been trying to go for the fingers since the start, but Coffey blocked him every time he tried to do that, so when he finally got to do what he wanted to them, he got the win. That's some very solid long term single match storytelling imo.

Coffey's punches & stomps tho :lmao

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,804 Posts
What an awesome main-event that was :drose

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,614 Posts
The ME had a few really great ideas w/ the back work by Coffey, but Dunne no sold that, and every time they went back to it, they would be having a shitty indy sequence a moment later. A very messy structure, and Jesus did the match go way too long.

I liked the finish too
. Dunne had been trying to go for the fingers since the start, but Coffey blocked him every time he tried to do that, so when he finally got to do what he wanted to them, he got the win. That's some very solid long term single match storytelling imo.

Coffey's punches & stomps tho :lmao
I thought the submission itself was good but the lead up to it, and the clunkyness of it all overshadowed it. There was some nice spots, like the transition into the Koji clutch which was a thing of beauty but the rest of it was so bad. I couldn't help but come away with that thinking this was a Triple H type "epic", maybe that's just me. Had his finger prints all over it.

But hey, it was a 30+ match so it's automatically 5 stars. :p

141 - 160 of 1775 Posts