Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1775 Posts

·
The NEW
13,420 Posts
Starlight Kid vs. Utami Hayashishita - Stardom New Years Stars - YES!

Clocking in at just under 10 minutes, this was an absolutely awesome sprint. Reminded me a bit of that one great Eddie vs. Benoit match from Nitro, which was also about 8-9 minutes long, and much like this, it featured some great limb work & equally great selling.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts

Clocking in at just under 10 minutes, this was an absolutely awesome sprint. Reminded me a bit of that one great Eddie vs. Benoit match from Nitro, which was also about 8-9 minutes long, and much like this, it featured some great limb work & equally great selling.
Utami is tremendous. Watch more of her, you'd love Utami. She only started wrestling in August if you can believe it,and she has already produced tons of bangers to get ahold of.

This match rules too. Gave it ***1/2. :mark

·
The NEW
13,420 Posts
Utami is tremendous. Watch more of her, you'd love Utami. She only started wrestling in August if you can believe it,and she has already produced tons of bangers to get ahold of.

Yea man, I'll definitely be watching more Stardom & joshi in general this year. Last year I didn't watch anything after Io left, but this year I'll try to keep myself up to date w/ the pimped stuff.

Utami impressed the hell out of me in this match - certainly the best knee selling performance I've seen in the first 11 days of 2019 :tommy

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Yea man, I'll definitely be watching more Stardom & joshi in general this year. Last year I didn't watch anything after Io left, but this year I'll try to keep myself up to date w/ the pimped stuff.

Utami impressed the hell out of me in this match - certainly the best knee selling performance I've seen in the first 11 days of 2019 :tommy
What about Omega or Kento? :mj

And you missed out on a lot last year, the company got much better after Io left (match wise.) :p

·
Midcard Minivan
6,678 Posts

Shes been an absolute fucking treat to watch the last few months, glad to hear this delivered because I saw a few gifs of it and was really excited to give it a go.

·
Registered
628 Posts

where would one watch this ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
YES to [NJPW] Wrestle Kingdom 13 In Tokyo Dome | Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kenny Omega | ****¼

YES to
[NJPW] Wrestle Kingdom 13 In Tokyo Dome | Kota Ibushi vs. Will Ospreay ****
YES to [NJPW] Wrestle Kingdom 13 In Tokyo Dome | Chris Jericho vs. Tetsuya Naito ***¾

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,024 Posts
Reactions: Donnie

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,024 Posts
Come on pal, you know it's all in good fun from me. Remember, it's silly to give someone crap for who their favorite is. I know we had this conversation before. We friends :baybay
I know bud we cool as can be :baybay, I don't take any of the Cole talk to heart, it's all fun to me. TJQ and Yaffa are gonna sh*ttalk Cole until the end of time and they'll still be my friends here :lol

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
ZERO1 Happy New Year 01/01

Yes To: Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Kohei Sato ****

Underdog Sekimoto is the best. So much raw energy in his body, his facial expressions, his screams. He was fantastic. Sato's forearms in this match were pure filth. So stiff, so much power and meanness behind them. His kicks too. Great match. Both stiff each other with striking with Sato just being that much better in that regard but Sekimoto didn't let that stop him find a way to get the win. A simple struggle to get the win, great match.

The post match stuff too. TOO MUCH BEEF :goku

·
The NEW
13,420 Posts
^ From the same show as Daisuke/Sato, which I also will be watching later:

Shinjiro Otani vs. Yuji Hino - YES!

Overall I thought this was a great match w/ some pretty unique'ish storytelling to it. At first Hino isn't taking Otani seriously as a legit threat; the match starts off with him doing the sarcastic slapping to the chest after a clean break on the ropes, which then lead to a badass spot in Otani immediately going & getting the takedown on him. After Hino gets out of it, he starts effortlessly mauling Otani w/ chops & he even fucks with him a little bit by doing the facewash, but after a while of that, Otani gets FIRED UP & we get a tremendous bit w/ him eating Hino's chops, diving into them chest first - "AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE!", as one of the commentators put it. Hino, still not impressed by the old man, then offers Otani to get some free chops in by putting his hands behind his back. Otani is more than happy to oblige, and in a yet another brilliant bit, Otani had Hino sitting on the corner, Hino briefly gets up after receiving the OG FACEWASH, and puts his hands back behind his back, offering Otani to get some more free shots in. Still not impressed by him. Then things go outside, and in a major moment of the match, Hino, while trying to deliver a chop to Otani, hits his hand on the ring post instead, and Otani is of course immediately attacking the arm. That is when the urgency kicked into another gear & I feel like Hino went "oh shit, this old man is an OPPONENT after all". After that it's bomb/slug -heavy action as they kick it into it's finishing gear & one of the highlights include Otani's cool ass kick-thing to Hino's arm on the ground - not sure what to call it, but it was super neat. Hino sure can throw a mean ass lariat to say the least, and the one he did throw after the slap by Otani was an absolute killer. Otani's selling of the FUCKING BOMB was a thing of beauty in the finish, too. No wasted motions whatsoever. Real tight package of badass action.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,961 Posts
I give a No, but strongly recommended to Moustache Mountain vs Grizzled Young Veterans for the NXT United Kingdom Tag titles on NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool.

I gave that very good match a 7.5/10 :)

I give a YES to Pete Dunne vs Joe Coffey for the NXT United Kingdom title on NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool.

I gave that pretty damn good match an 8.5/10 :mark:

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts
NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool

NO to Toni Storm vs Rhea Ripley - ***1/2

YES to Moustache Mountain (Tyler Bate and Trent Seven) vs Zack Gibson and James Drake

Both Seven and Bate are just amazingly great natural babyfaces, especially Seven, who comes off so sympathetic when he gets his ass beat. Drake and Gibson are really good, although I could chalk that up more thanks to Gibson who the fans seem to hate. As a whole this was just an wonderfully executed tag match which built to a fever pitch, climaxed with double submissions on both Bate and Seven, and capped off by an insane doomsday device done with a diving Drake into Bate (who landed on his damn head!). We got tons of big moves, and the red hot crowd was icing on top of the cake.

****1/2

NO but Recommended - Finn Balor vs Jordan Devlin

Really solid match, and some nice dynamics with the whole teacher/student relationship evident from the get go. Devlin continued his heelish ways, showing no respect for his former trainer, who clearly showed he was still the better man with a win, although having Devlin take him to the limit only helps his case.

***3/4

YES to Dave Mastiff vs Eddie Dennis

Didn’t seem like much going in, but it ended up being a great HOSS MATCH with some street fight antics thrown in. Just a bunch of big dudes throwing each other around and hitting each other with weapons, but also some really impressive strength on Dennis’ part. This was fun as hell!

NO but Recommended - Pete Dunne vs Joe Coffey

This continually built and built, and the longer this match went on, the more I was becoming impressed with Coffey. He’s built like a smaller Lars Sullivan, but is incredibly athletic and powerful, and he was great at how he was manhandling Dunne at times. For most of this, it was mainly big times moves which just grew with the danger and impact as the match went on. The point where both men stood up in respective corners and went for a pure brawl was great, and I wished that it ended soon after this, and if it did I would have loved it.

Instead, they went overboard. They went too long, and botched a top rope move twice thanks most likely to exhaustion. They went overboard with their finisher done to one another, including Coffey kicking out of basically three bitter ends while Dunne took like 4 discus lariats, and it almost felt like one of those neverending indy matches with a billion moves, but while trying to feel like this epic wrestling match, almost like a parody of sorts. It’s a shame because had they ended at 25 minutes or so, it would have been excellent. Still, enjoyed the vast majority of this, if flawed by the end.

***3/4

ZERO1 Happy New Year 01/01

Yes To: Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Kohei Sato ****

Underdog Sekimoto is the best. So much raw energy in his body, his facial expressions, his screams. He was fantastic. Sato's forearms in this match were pure filth. So stiff, so much power and meanness behind them. His kicks too. Great match. Both stiff each other with striking with Sato just being that much better in that regard but Sekimoto didn't let that stop him find a way to get the win. A simple struggle to get the win, great match.

The post match stuff too. TOO MUCH BEEF :goku
Do you have a link for this? Two beefy dudes beating the shit out of one another is up my alley :mark:

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
121 - 140 of 1775 Posts