Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1775 Posts

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
Yeah, she's been great as a heel, and I don't want to squash that anytime soon, just more Donnie planning for the future :lol More Rhea the better, in any form. That possible mean asshole match, though :cozy

ROH missing the boat on talent :mj2 I hope that changes.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
Donnie your name change is REALLY throwing me off here. :lol I'm pretty sure there was someone else named Ace on the forum really recently so it's fuckin with my head.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Yeah, she's been great as a heel, and I don't want to squash that anytime soon, just more Donnie planning for the future :lol More Rhea the better, in any form. That possible mean asshole match, though :cozy

The loner heel vs the heel with back up. These scenarios. :monkey

ROH making good signings this year, but the Women of Honor roster is still pretty flat. Work in the progress, I suppose. At least it's established, now time to try and build with what you can.

Speaking of ROH, keeping my eyes peeled for Honor Reigns Supreme. Dalton vs Lethal II is out there. :hmm:

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
Donnie your name change is REALLY throwing me off here. :lol I'm pretty sure there was someone else named Ace on the forum really recently so it's fuckin with my head.
The loner heel vs the heel with back up. These scenarios. :monkey

ROH making good signings this year, but the Women of Honor roster is still pretty flat. Work in the progress, I suppose. At least it's established, now time to try and build with what you can.

Speaking of ROH, keeping my eyes peeled for Honor Reigns Supreme. Dalton vs Lethal II is out there. :hmm:

Sorry, Corey. My name got switched because of the awards, so now I'm ACE and he's Donnie, at least until Mania. Just avoid any posts from him, and you're good to go :eek:

Shayna doing the classic "I'm the toughest in all the land" promo only to be interrupted by another tough heel wanting to shut this one up :monkey

I've got to check out this PCO/Briscoe's interaction :monkey :sodone 99% sure I'll be talking about on here

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Already bypassing reality with Baszler & Ripley doing work, meanwhile actuality may tell me I have to endure people like Storm & Belair instead. This is some take the red pill/blue pill stuff.

PCO already making a mark in ROH. What a guy.

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,225 Posts

You never replied to my quote. What was it you didn't like about the women's title match? I thought it was very well done for both being as young as they are, I think both women are really quite good. What don't you like about Storm? This was my first time seeing either wrestle and I thought they did a fine job, Considering I'm one of those people that skip the women's matches this one keeping my interest throughout was quite something in my book.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
You never replied to my quote. What was it you didn't like about the women's title match? I thought it was very well done for both being as young as they are, I think both women are really quite good. What don't you like about Storm? This was my first time seeing either wrestle and I thought they did a fine job, Considering I'm one of those people that skip the women's matches this one keeping my interest throughout was quite something in my book.
"Dear Slim, I keep writing"

Nah, just joking, old man Frost.

I don't like her because I don't think she's as good as everyone says she, or wants to pretend she is, As I said before she's a decent wrestler nothing less nothing more, she's never blown me away. Her selling is trash, her comebacks lack fire, and I LOVE comebacks, so that's one that's really pissing me off, among other stuff. I just don't like her at all. Ripley is great but she had an off night.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,609 Posts
Toni Storm is over pushed, overrated, awful at selling and emoting without it coming off as corny. Very sloppy from her OG Storm Zero (a piledriver, seriously. A sloppy piledriver, awful) to the simplest of strikes. Can't have a good match unless she is being lead by someone. When she is the underdog, with a never say die attitude, she is rotten to watch.

·
The NEW
13,414 Posts
Going to need a NASTY explanation for such a low rating for the MOTN :armfold
Dis is what I wrote about it:

They clearly wanted to have the MOTY here, and as a result, this came off as a really dull workrate-movez match. Way too long, too. All the four guys were super generic on the offense; your typical "big" moves & shitty transitions. I give them credit for trying something w/ the Trent FIP segment though; such a shame that it was so damn soulless. Same goes for Tyler's hot tag. I did like the 450 Splash nearfall though, that was legitimately great. Also having watched some Nigel McGuinness matches in the past few days leading up to this event, I must say that the London Dungeon that both Drake & Gibson did looked so goddamn weak. *

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
I liked the Blackpool opener meself. I'm only really piecing together now that Seven is actually a consistently natural FIP, and has some creativity to him like where he tossed one of the heels over the rope from his shoulders, then just started crawling over to Bate as best he could. He was obviously never going to make it but that's the greatness of FIPs. I have a habit of checking how long a match is before I watch it just so I know how long I'll be stuck for, so I knew there were multiple minutes after Bate got his hot tag and was worried they wouldn't fill it. Was pleasantly surprised, they hit quite a few beats but it never really came off as overkill to me other than maybe one kick out? I thought they came up with some great stuff too, like the double London dungeon and Drake diving on Bate while Bate was sat up on Gibson's shoulders. The dive from Seven into the dropkick from Drake was a'ight but I feel like it would have been better isolated in another match with less already going on. I had to read back a couple pages to get a memory jog and Corey reminded me of Seven selling the arm, really cool that he struggled for a sec taking part in the suplex/lariat combo move (still terrible with move names, me). I gotta sort of give bonus points to the match for Gibson being a douche heel that isn't afraid to be shat on for being a lame dickhead. My main issue with the match was those couple points where Bate took like two moves and felt the need to tag in a much more vulnerable Seven. The hot tag being made off of the "heel catches babyface jumping" spot is a little iffy because it's normally just such a great tease move, but Gibson being right in the corner for Bate to just wail on made me like it. I didn't watch anything from the show except for the minute or two of Mastiff's match. Wasn't enticed to keep it going but I could be talked into checking out everything else except the main event.

I think I've only seen Toni Storm from the MYC last year and if I formed any opinion on her from it, it wasn't important enough to commit to memory. Shrug?

·
The NEW
13,414 Posts
Dalton vs. Lethal gets a YES from me. On par w/ their title match from last year. Very tight structure w/ Dalton starting off hot, getting cut off by a Lethal Injection, and then getting punished by Lethal's awesome work over the back & the ribs. Very refreshing World Title main event from what you usually see these days.

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
NO But Recommended (*** 3/4) for Sekimoto vs. Hama. The whole match is basically Sekimoto fighting to survive the onslaught of CRUSHING offense from the obese wonder but it's definitely a joy to watch and to see his comeback. Good stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No BUT Recommended to (***3/4) - Daisuke Sekimoto vs Kohei Sato from Pro Wrestling Zero 1 - 1/1/19

Most of the match is Sekimoto being brutalized by some sick strikes and headbutts from Kohei(which were particularly gnarly) and Daisuke trying to survive by sneaking in those awesome lariats of his. Watch if you have the time.

·
Pico pal q lee
3,110 Posts
Sekimoto already making so much noise only two weeks into the year. :yoda
And we still have the Violent Giants match airing next weekend, the Yuji Hino defense for the Z1 belt and whatever the hell is his next Strong Heavyweight match. Dear lord. I hope he doesn't over work himself, that's a lot of high end matches.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Bring some ROH to the conversation

ROH TV 1/10
Zack Sabre Jr. vs Tracy Williams - What a masterful piece of technical wrestling **** - No but highly recommended

Reigns Honor Supreme
FinJuice vs Best Friends
- there were some good exchanges between Trent and Juice. I am now looking forward to their match for IWGP US title belt. The finish felt lame. ***
Villiain Enterprises vs Briscoes - Wow there were some brutal spots but it was good organized. ***1/2
Jay Lethal vs Dalton Castle - The start felt unique as Yaffa told but if the match ended after Jay Lethal's Elbow Drop I'll give more higher rating. From that point it was unnecessarily long. ***3/4 No but recommended

·
Le Champion
18,652 Posts
Jay Lethal vs Dalton Castle - The start felt unique as Yaffa told but if the match ended after Jay Lethal's Elbow Drop I'll give more higher rating. From that point it was unnecessarily long. ***3/4 No but recommended
I don't think Lethal has ever won a match in ROH with the elbow drop fwiw

But this match only went 16 minutes. :confused: I actually wanted them to get MORE time. :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't think Lethal has ever won a match in ROH with the elbow drop fwiw

But this match only went 16 minutes. :confused: I actually wanted them to get MORE time. :p
Why wrestlers always need to win after they finisher? Why not end a match after Diving Elbow Drop when the story of the match is Lethal working over Dalton Castle's ribs? It would bring some drama when he would hit it next time. And if Castle lost after the elbow drop he wouldn't look weak in losing. It could look like they just throw everything what they've got and Castle lose because
his injured ribs. And after he heal his ribs he would come like a bigger threat for the champion in future.

181 - 200 of 1775 Posts