Video Games graphics getting insane.

Brexit.

Trump as President.

Some other shit.

Reactions: PrinceofPush

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
The decade that when we say we want society to collapse, we stopped saying it as a joke.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,335 Posts
The beginning of the end for Civilization, well at least for Western.

The decay of morals, common sense and intelligence. The endless breeding of stupid people all over the world scrambling for scraps and breeding needlessly when there is limited future prospects for their children. The massive brain drain and critical thinking replaced by emotional overreaction and small picture thinking. The constant stealing from the past while being blind to past political issues to push the narrative that corruption and political issues only started happening recently.

I wonder if anyone will read about this time 100 years for now? Though assuming most of the population in that time will be able to read is optimistic at best!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wow! After reading the previous posts, we can simplify this decade as common sense loss, rise & decay of social networks, and the beginning of anti-humanism.

·
Under Jolly Roger
422 Posts
Social media and outrage culture. The two go hand in hand.

Reactions: PrinceofPush

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,418 Posts
People willingly handing over whatever was left of their freedoms in exchange for perceived security.

·
The face that runs the List
10,887 Posts
Honestly all I can think of from the last ten years is how much people got worse, how everything has to be PC, how anything can be taken the wrong way, how kids feel entitled to everything.

We have made huge improvements in technology and acceptance of some groups/categories of people but the bad outweighs the good IMO.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
It's really sad. The less people interact in person, the less we see each other as people. It's way easier to be mean and nasty to people over the internet, as we've all seen with Twitter and stuff like that,
The thing I find funny is that, at least from what I see in my country, the nastiest remarks on the Internet usually come from people who were born well before the rise of social network.

Not to say millenials don't tweet mean stuff, but if I go to any Italian newspaper Facebook page and check the mean comments under articles about immigration, the average age is 40+. I can't even understand why that happens, but I'd expect more from people who actually know what it is to live without social medias.

Which is why I think that more than dehumanizing people, social medias are seen as something "fake", not real. You can say and do whatever you want because, to some people, it doesn't have any meaning in real life.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
The thing I find funny is that, at least from what I see in my country, the nastiest remarks on the Internet usually come from people who were born well before the rise of social network.

Not to say millenials don't tweet mean stuff, but if I go to any Italian newspaper Facebook page and check the mean comments under articles about immigration, the average age is 40+. I can't even understand why that happens, but I'd expect more from people who actually know what it is to live without social medias.

Which is why I think that more than dehumanizing people, social medias are seen as something "fake", not real. You can say and do whatever you want because, to some people, it doesn't have any meaning in real life.
Interesting. I can see what you mean. It's like the lack of filter and PC'ness that some older people have combined with the anonymity of the internet equals severe nastiness.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Interesting. I can see what you mean. It's like the lack of filter and PC'ness that some older people have combined with the anonymity of the internet equals severe nastiness.
It makes me think of that Heath Ledger's Joker quote "When the chips are down, this civilized people will eat each other alive".

Judging from the virtual behaviour of some people, I'm scared to think what would happen if actual society was "run" like social medias and the internet are. Would be the closest thing to the old far-west world where the only law was the law of the gun.

·
Innovator of Violence
64 Posts
Worst American political climate in years
Cancel culture
Shootings/Desensitization that came with it
Instagram
Horrible new generation of mallcore (XXXTentacion, Lil Peep, Juice WRLD)
E-Girls/E-Boys
YouTube wars
Glorification of horrible acts filmed to the internet (Mosque attacks for example)
Vaping
Trap music
Filthy Frank
Black Ops 2
Miley Cyrus having a short lived slutty persona that everyone seemed to care about for some reason
Arthoes

41 - 60 of 62 Posts