Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In just 93 days, we will be back into the roaring 20's.

In the same way the 2000s were known for 9/11, Dubya, Blair, the Credit Crunch, the end of Turkey Twizzlers, swishey fringes, shutter shades, Beyonce, Avatar, The Dark Knight, John Cena, Facebook, Twitter, Wrestlingforum, MySpace and so on. What do you think the 10's will be known for?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Avengers, Deadpool, Wonder Woman, Rick and Morty, Walking Dead

Antifa, Black Lives Matters, Alt-Right

Justin Bieber, Drake, Miley Cyrus

Five Nights at Freddy's, Cuphead, SlenderMan

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
I don't know about historically, but for me personally probably just another wasted one like the 2000s were.

I've lived through several decades but actually living through them in real time was much less exciting than remembering them.

I guess you really don't like things until they're gone.

I'll probably remember this decade more for all the sports moments I cheered for than anything else.

The music this decade has been godawful btw. Makes me nostalgic for the Britney days even.

I also think there are too many superhero movies now and the insistence from fanboys on raising them to "high art" is absolutely ridiculous. And this coming from someone who was a huge comic book fan in the 80s and 90s.

In just 93 days, we will be back into the roaring 20's.

In the same way the 2000s were known for 9/11, Dubya, Blair, the Credit Crunch, the end of Turkey Twizzlers, swishey fringes, shutter shades, Beyonce, Avatar, The Dark Knight, John Cena, Facebook, Twitter, Wrestlingforum, MySpace and so on. What do you think the 10's will be known for?
Twitter became FAR more relevant in the 2010s than 2000s. In fact Twitter is without a doubt THE major social platform of this decade.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,102 Posts
The money pyre that is the "cinematic universe" and the attempted legitimization of buzzwords.

When the online community convinced themselves they were representative of society as a whole.

Reactions: Mugging of Cena

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Personal life I had my kids so it's a good one from that pov.

From the rest of the world stuff is just been a bit of a nothing burger, there's been some highs and lows but I don't think it's been a decade people will look back on with much nostalgia.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
It will be remembered mainly for Generation offended.

Sjws, Big Daddy Trump, GoT disappointment, Brexit cluster fuck will also be remembered.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I won't be that sad to the see the back of it. The 2010s have mostly been a struggle for me. Certainly more downs than ups. Im looking forward to the chance to leave it behind. I really hope I do not have another decade as hard as this one.

generally speaking, I have no idea what it will be remembered for really, Nothing particularly stands out that identifies it. Maybe just its general sense of chaos.

Reactions: La Parka

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
President trump made me quiver
Cancel culture and outrage on deliver
Bad dudes on the door step
Britain began a convoluted exit
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard Kevin spaceys career died
Thank god he didn't touch me deep inside
The day common sense died
So
Bye bye common decency and pride
Drove my Chevy to levee but the levy was dry
We are still waiting for those corrupt politicians to keel over and die
Singing finally the earth can thrive

·
That's the way it has to be
1,124 Posts
This will be forever known as the decade where hope for the future died forever, thanks to the unstoppable decline of the world to profit-seeking exploitation, hateful populist politics and environmental destruction.

·
Ex nihilo
9,319 Posts
The decade in which the internet transcended from being a tool that served the "real world" to being the very thing which determines and simply is the "real world". The rise of social media, smartphones and the always-connected culture have shifted the way people live their lives totally. It dominates every aspect of...well, everything.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Personal life I had my kids so it's a good one from that pov.

From the rest of the world stuff is just been a bit of a nothing burger, there's been some highs and lows but I don't think it's been a decade people will look back on with much nostalgia.
Hard too when so much of this decade is co-opting the 80s and 90s

1 - 20 of 62 Posts