Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2257 Posts

·
Administrator
33,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a new year so time for a new thread.

Link to 2008.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Yuji Nagata vs. Masato Tanaka - ****1/4

Their last match I thought was awesome but held back by the first half. This is their all out, bloody, sprinty answer to that complaint. Super fun match, make sure to watch.

Reactions: KingKicks

·
~KENTA~
1,307 Posts
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom III:

MCMG v Yujiro and Tetsuya Naito (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match) - ****

Edit: 2nd and 3rd watch - ***3/4 - I guess I just marked out for MCMG's double team work again. God damn flashy bastards. :D

·
~KENTA~
1,307 Posts
I take it I was the only one that didn't like Tanahashi/Mutoh...
I think you might be right, I just re-watched it since I thought I was being generous and yeah...dragon screw, figure four, shining wizard, dragon screw, shining wizard, frog splash, end. Not too mention it was pretty slow.

I'd give it ***** if it was an instructional video on how to do dragon screws though :side:

·
Ippo > TNA
6,454 Posts
Whole match was really awkward for me. With the amount of leg work Mutoh put in, Tanahashi should have been walking at all. Plus, the occasional Mutoh botch and Mutoh completely forgetting to sell his leg after gaining control of the match.

Oh well. I'm fallowing Metlzer's cut off date for MOTYCs, since it's a proper way to deal with shit like this...

Shadow WX vs. Yuko Miyamoto, 12/19/08.

**** 1/4

Absolutely incredibly booked match and Shadow's best title defense in his whole 'okay' title reign. Miyamoto FINALLY broke threw the glass ceiling and looked amazing doing it. Really emotional ending.

MIYAMOTO IS THE FUCKING CHAMP. THAT'S SHOULD BE **** 3/4 ON ITS OWN

P.S, keep your eyes out on BJW, it's going to be HOT this year.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom III:

MCMG v Yujiro and Tetsuya Naito (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match) - ****

MCMG vs NO LIMIT
***3/4+ on first watch

Alex made this match

Sick Super Slice Bread

*reminds me of how pumped up he was when he beat Yoshino @ VR last year*

·
Ippo > TNA
6,454 Posts
Yeah, i'm gonna need this.
Does it exist online or do i need to take the trader route?
Check your PMs. :eek:

Someone also upped Mammoth/Daisuke vs. LIGER and AKIRA. Liger in BJW = Must watch.

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
After first viewings:

No Limit vs. MCMG
***1/4-***1/2

Misawa & Suguira vs. Nakamura and Goto
***1/4

Mutoh vs. Tanahashi

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
So...speaking as someone who just watched his first wrestling in about six months and wants to get back into it, I guess the 1/4 NJ show is a good place to start?

·
~KENTA~
1,307 Posts
So...speaking as someone who just watched his first wrestling in about six months and wants to get back into it, I guess the 1/4 NJ show is a good place to start?
Pretty much if you want to just watch wrestling from now onwards, yeah, it's the first big rasslin' event of the year.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
As far as current stuff goes, I'm pretty much in the same situation.

I'll no doubt be stuck at the desk again tomorrow, so I may give the 1/4 show a download/watch.

The Miyamoto title switch intrigues me as well.

·
KAMEHAMEHA!
18,184 Posts
As far as current stuff goes, I'm pretty much in the same situation.

I'll no doubt be stuck at the desk again tomorrow, so I may give the 1/4 show a download/watch.

The Miyamoto title switch intrigues me as well.
Stick to the 80's.

·
@delecast
4,405 Posts
Shadow WX vs. Yuko Miyamoto, 12/19/08.

**** 1/4

Absolutely incredibly booked match and Shadow's best title defense in his whole 'okay' title reign. Miyamoto FINALLY broke threw the glass ceiling and looked amazing doing it. Really emotional ending.

MIYAMOTO IS THE FUCKING CHAMP. THAT'S SHOULD BE **** 3/4 ON ITS OWN

P.S, keep your eyes out on BJW, it's going to be HOT this year.
I gave it ***1/2 because I just couldn't get into it, but it was still pretty freaking amazing, especially the power bomb into the explosion trap. Miyamoto will have an amazing championship that won't emulate Shadow's 3 moves of doom (lariat, powerbomb, brainbuster) and apparent immunity to hot sauce.

By the way, BJW is going to blow up again, just like they did last year.

·
Ippo > TNA
6,454 Posts
I gave it ***1/2 because I just couldn't get into it, but it was still pretty freaking amazing, especially the power bomb into the explosion trap. Miyamoto will have an amazing championship that won't emulate Shadow's 3 moves of doom (lariat, powerbomb, brainbuster) and apparent immunity to hot sauce.

By the way, BJW is going to blow up again, just like they did last year.
I re watched it and might cut it down to ****. The springboard/lariat was SICK and Miyamoto finally getting the big win was worth it.

And in Shadow's defense, he's from a whole different generation of styles. He's not use to the selling and only knows a handful of story telling. He's from the age where all you had to do for a pop was throw a sick looking lariat or throw someone on something wrapped in barbwire.

Oh well, from what I understand, he's going to start tagging with Abby, who can make anybody look good.

Also, have you finished watching AKIRA/Liger vs. Daisuke/Sasaki? Just watched it and thought it was great.

1 - 20 of 2257 Posts