Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2652 Posts

·
Shazam!
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right.

Went back 6 pages and didn't find one, so if anyone has problems, I don't much care.

Figured we could use one, should probably be pinned so it stays confined to one and is always easy to find.

I've seen pretty much nothing from 08 so far, so someone else is going to have to lead off discussion.

Reactions: McQueen

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
So far I've liked the MASADA vs. Ito Deathmatch the most so far, tbh.

·
The Cold-Blooded Sausage Maker
8,590 Posts
ZERO1-MAX Genesis '08
Masato Tanaka vs. Daisuke Sekimoto ****-****1/4

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom II
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakaruma ****

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
I haven't seen much of anything so far.

Angle/Cage, and Nakamura/Tanahashi are the only ****+ matches I've seen so far.(All **** exactly IMO)

edit: I know most won't agree here, but Angle/Nagata also falls into the **** range for me as well.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Havent seen it yet, but the most hyped match i've heard is Danielson vs Tyler Black.

Im also curious to see Low KI vs Generico, Im sure thats ****+.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong - No DQ form Final Resolution should be close to ****. It wasn't the best match on the PPV, but I thought it should get a mention.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,487 Posts
Ultimate Endurance: The Age of the Fall vs. The No Remorse Corps vs. The Hangm3n Three vs. Team Work (Chicago Ridge, IL, 1/26/08) - **** 1/4

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Masato Tanaka vs. Daisuke Sekimoto ZERO1-MAX 1/1 ****1/4
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura NJPW 1/4 ****1/4
Nigel McGuinness vs. Go Shiozaki NOAH 1/20 ****
Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage TNA 1/6 ****

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Gave it ***1/2. The ring became a little full and killed the middle portion a little for me. Cena coming in saved it, though (and I don't even like him).

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't go any higher than ***1/2 on the Rumble.

Way too much of a clusterfuck for my liking. The eliminations didn't feel well paced to me, there was no elims for like 15 minutes and then 3 in about 30 seconds.

I liked last year's Rumble alot more.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't go any higher than ***1/2 on the Rumble.

Way too much of a clusterfuck for my liking. The eliminations didn't feel well paced to me, there was no elims for like 15 minutes and then 3 in about 30 seconds.

I liked last year's Rumble alot more.
I agree for the most part. A few things took away from the match for me: The whole Hornswoggle BS and Chavo being a participant left me with a bad taste in my mouth. The John Cena shocker was however really, really awesome and it raised the overall score in my mind to *** 3/4.

·
Registered
175 Posts
PWG All-Star Weekend 6 night 1: Low-Ki vs. Danielson for the world title, I gave ****1/4-****1/2.

Just an amazing match live and the best I have seen so far this year

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
I agree for the most part. A few things took away from the match for me: The whole Hornswoggle BS and Chavo being a participant left me with a bad taste in my mouth. The John Cena shocker was however really, really awesome and it raised the overall score in my mind to *** 3/4.
When Chavo entered, it did make me laugh for a good while.

Hornswoggle was a complete waste of time in the Rumble.

Overall the Rumble was ***3/4 for me as well, the crowd really helped it as well because everyone (except Elijah Burke) got a good reaction which is cool to see plus Cena at the end was 1 of the best surprises WWE have done in a long time.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yeah Cena did help this years Rumble alot although the ending of last year's Rumble with Taker and HBK going head to head was amazing.

1 - 20 of 2652 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.