Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I was just watching an old WWF tape from mid-2001 right before the invasion PPV. Austin was depressed because Vince needed "the old stone cold" but I guess he didn’t want to be that anymore, so he sitting at some bar. Then it was a brawl all over the arena and the WWF was outnumbered until Stone Cold came and whipped all of the alliance guys and WWF stood tall. As I watched the tape I got sucked into that whole storyline again, not because it was a captivating storyline, but because I thought it sucked so bad! Don't take me the wrong way but when WCW became a major competitor to the WWF , everyone wondered if the 2 companies would ever meet in the ring. Well that did happen, but the angle was weak and it ended up making both companies look bad. I thought that if WCW invaded WWF it would have to be in a big way. But the big way I wanted it never happened. In the end, the alliance and the whole invasion looked like a big mistake. I wrote up a totally different way that the WWF vs. WCW war could have begun. If it were started right, maybe the WWF vs. WCW war would still be going to this day. I know that this is a little long but I showed it to a few of my buddies and they really seemed to like it. I would appreciate it if after reading this you could give some comments about it:

It’s about a month before Wrestlemania X-7, and it has been announced that the last edition of WCW Monday Nitro will be next week in Panama Beach. Scoot Steiner will put his WCW title on the line against Booker T and the Cruiserweight Tag team title championship tournament will be coming to a close. On the WWF side of things, The Rock and Steve Austin are preparing to meet at Wrestlemania X-7 and Vince McMahon is set to face his son Shane in a street fight. No one is really sure what will happen to World Championship Wrestling after next week’s Nitro. The WWF doesn’t even mention anything about it on their programming. The last Nitro happens as it actually did.
Wrestlemania X-7 goes just like it actually happened up to the point where Vince McMahon walks down to the ring before the Rocky vs. Austin main event. As Vince gets down to ring-side he joins J.R. and Paul Heyman to do ring-side commentary. It isn’t explained why it’s just what Vince felt like doing that night. As this great match continues, you can hear pops from the headsets in the background of the commentators play-by-play. Heyman stops in mid-sentence and J.R. mutters an audible, “Holy Shit!” You know that he isn’t talking about the match because there was nothing that happened in the ring at that moment that could have that remark. The cameras never cut to a shot of the announcer’s table but continue to show the ring, even without the commentary. Meanwhile the crowd is going nuts but not because of the action in the ring. About ten seconds after J.R.’s comments. The Rock goes for his Spinebuster to set up for The People’s Elbow. As he looks out at the crowd, he begins to pull off his elbow pad and then he throws it into the crowd of 67,000+ he then runs to the rope and shoots back, jumps over Austin and then stops. He stares at the announcer’s table in a look of awe, the camera stays on the ring. He then goes over to Austin, who is still laying down in the middle of the ring, not taking his eyes off of the announcer’s table, he shakes Austin a little bit and says something into his ear. Austin very quickly gets up and looks at Rock with a look of sheer stupidity. Finally, a cameraman gets a shot of the action and you can see that Vince is on the ground getting beaten down by none other than Eric Bischoff. There is only a quick shot of this as the camera man gets knocked down and the camera goes to the ground. The main camera angle of the ring is back up and you can see that many people have come out of the stands and have bombarded the ring. With a closer look, it is seen that these aren’t just people, but WCW wrestlers in street clothes. They attack Rock and Austin and they hold them near the turn buckles. Goldberg delivers a jackhammer to Austin and Eric Bischoff then goes to the ring, microphone in hand and tells gives a speech about the WWF/WCW rivalry has culminated to this. And that Vince might have thought that World Championship Wrestling was done, but it has risen to a new life. During his speech there were a few interferences from WWF wrestlers, but they were all immediately trampled and beaten down. Almost all of the WWF roster were at the top of the entrance ramp as Bischoff continued his speech. He ended it by saying, “You thought the war was over, it hasn’t even begun.” At that moment the WWF Superstars ran to the ring and the WCW wrestlers met them at the alleyway. A huge brawl breaks out and Bischoff is seen leaving through the crowd with a few WCW guys accompanying him for protection as Wrestlemania X-7 comes to a close.

·
Better Than You
14,206 Posts
Well, l wanted The Alliance to win, l was cheering for them, but unfortunatly they lost. :(

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Thats a pretty good take on WrestleMania X7! And that would of been a hell of a way to end it! I personally thought the iVasion angle was handled pretty well but would of benifitted if Goldberg, Sting, Scott Steiner and such others had joined the company straight away instead of sitting out their contracts. Your take is very well thought out and would probably of been possible. I hope you continue this series and develop a decent storyline or two out of this! Good Luck!!

·
Banned
887 Posts
At0mic said:
Well, l wanted The Alliance to win, l was cheering for them, but unfortunatly they lost. :(
I write a show where the Aliance won, if only it actually happened. :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right now im writing more of this storyline, if you have any suggestions just post them
thanx

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once again if you like the story I would appreciate some comments or suggestions if you wanna post them. And if you really like the story you can add to my rep!

As the memories of last night’s actions of Eric Bischoff and his WCW cohorts echoed throughout the minds of wrestling fans all around the world, these same fans patiently waited for the April 2nd episode of Raw Is War which was sure to answer a lot of questions. When it stuck 8pm, a video package of Wrestlemania X-Seven streamed across the airwaves of TNN. The video showed highlights of all the matches previous to the main event. But the Rock vs. Austin match was showed in its entirety. There were no edits, there were no cuts, this showed the entire match and its controversial outcome. As the image of Eric Bischoff leaving through the crowd faded to black, Vince McMahon appeared sitting at his desk in his office in Greenwich, Connecticut. He delivered an earth-shattering announcement that left more questions to be asked.

“Hello, I would like to start off by thanking all of our WWF fans who have stayed loyal to this great company and without you there would be no WWF. As most of you know, last night’s Wrestlemania 17 will surely go down in wrestling history as an event that changed everything. Last night, the part-owner of WCW Eric Bischoff and WCW talent secretly entered the Reliant Astrodome, attacked me from behind, stampeded into a WWF ring, brutally attacked our two top WWF superstars and made a declaration of war. As chairman of the WWF, I speak for the whole company when I say, that this is unprofessional, unwanted, and unnecessary. We of course do not accept this declaration because, as the dominant wrestling company, we could wipe out all of WCW in one fellow swoop. But we will not because we do not sink that low. In conclusion, Eric Bischoff, you can whine and moan all you want about how your “Raslin’ Show” is the best one out there today and that the WWF is weak. But Eric, do not mess with the WWF, and certainly do not mess with Vince McMahon. Also I apologize about the cancellation of tonight’s Raw Is War and this week’s Smackdown!, but live this Thursday, there will be a mandatory meeting at WWF headquarters from 8-9pm for all WWF talent and staff that will be televised on the UPN network. Also, next week’s episode of Raw Is War will be televised live on the USA network. Thank you and remember, do not mess with the WWF.”

Mr. McMahon’s comment might have made the situation even more confusing. But all of the questions would be answered at the meeting at WWF headquarters.
The meeting started with a music video of the History of the WWF that, from then on, was played before every WWF event to remind the fans of the long and successful history of the World Wrestling Federation. When the clip was done, Jim Ross came out and delivered a few words about his time in the WWF and WCW and that the WWF was by far the most dominant wrestling company that there ever will be and no body can change that. Vince McMahon then came out to the podium in front of the WWF talent and staff as well as millions of viewers. At first sight of McMahon, everyone in the crowd of superstars bombarded Vince by yelling questions at him. “Settle down, settle down damn it!” said Vince furiously. “I know that you’re all angry about what happened at Wrestlemania, but we need to continue with our normal schedule as if nothing had happened.”
The Undertaker stood up. “Are we just gonna sit this one out without a fight?!”
“Certainly you all can and will, but my team of lawyers and I will fight WCW to its death in court!”
“Damn it Vince, we didn’t become the most dominant wrestling company ever from settling things in court, but by taking it out in the ring!”
All the wrestlers stood up and supported ‘Taker and once again shouted comments at Mr. McMahon.
Vince began again, “There is too much to lose, we can’t risk it. We need to sit this one ou-”
A fire alarm went off. Even though all the wrestlers and staff were still furious and disgusted with Vince’s decisions they had to leave the building. Still angry, everyone piled out of the crowded room and began to segregate down the hallway. At one point you could hear The Rock yell, “We don’t need this Vince!” Then Mr. McMahon yelled, “Shut up, all of you, we’ll settle this later. I don’t want this to be the death of me so move your asses and get the hell out of this building!” Everyone quieted down a little bit as they neared the doors. When they all got outside the doors behind them were slammed shut. Immediately, WCW wrestlers came out of know where and attacked everyone associated with the WWF. It didn’t matter if they were a wrestler, road agent, announcer or referee, they were beaten down. It was a decisive and well planned attack. As the brawl broke out, a limo was seen behind where all the WCW wrestlers were. Out from the moon roof popped the familiar face of Eric Bischoff , megaphone in hand. “Vince, this is war. Your not gonna wimp out on us now are you? Either way, you can’t win. You cannot beat WCW! We are the dominant force in wrestling! We always have been, we always will be! Oh and by the way, don’t forget to watch Nitro this Monday on TNT!” The limo drove away quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts