Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know this topic has been discussed before, and if the mods deem it necessary you can close this thread, but WWE has to many titles currently, and more over most of the titles are being contested for in meaningless fueds. Is the US title even being used in a fued?

Right now the WHC is basically the equivalent of the IC title in the attitude era. Strap it. Strap the US title, it serves no purpose other than being another belt. Leave the WWE title (the main title), the IC title (midcard belt) the tag titles and the Divas belt. People talk about "prestige" of the current belts, but it's hard for a belt to have prestige when each belt has an equivalent. Lessen the amount of belts and the the remaining belts "prestige" will increase.

So what say you, are there too many belts, or do the current belts just need to be booked better?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
814 Posts
I pretty much agree with what you say. The WHC & the US title were the Smackdown belts, but now we see them on RAW all the time. If, or should I say when, Cena wins the WHC title at the next PPV we will still see him every week on RAW parading around with the strap, but will he be seen every week on Smackdown? I doubt it.
I also think the US title is a waste of time too, I would like to see this go & see the Cruiserweight title return as there is enough talent now to make it competitive.
& not only would I like to see the Diva's belt go, I would like to see the entire Diva's roster go too, they are just terrible & the time they waste could be given used to push some of the mid/high carders, but I suppose the crowd need time to go to the toilet & buy snacks & the bored dad's taking their kids need to be rewarded with something nice to look at.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Undisputed Belt
IC Belt
Divas
Tag Team

All the rest can go...for now. Maybe once WWE gets their shit together then they can come back

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
The WWE & WHC should be the main event titles, I think we'll probably see a unification soon after Cena wins.
Move the Intercontinental title back up to the upper midcard and have the US as the midcard title. Then we just have the Tag and Diva titles left and I think that will be a good amount really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts