Wrestling Forum banner

The 1 WM 27 Match That Does'nt Stand Out

2608 38
Anyone else feel the one match at mania thats absolutely no heat what so ever is the WHC match with Edge and ADR?

WrestleMania matches in my opinion should have some sort of history or a feud of some what.

HHH/Taker - both faced off 10 years ago at WM 17 and UT retired Triple H's best friend HBK a Year Prior.

Punk/Orton - Orton cost punk his world title in 2008 and punk cost Orton his Title Match at the Rumble and much more.

Cena/Miz - Cena/Miz had a feud back in 09 that Cena won and not to mention the whole nexus storyline where Miz and Cena butted heads all the time and The Miz Cost Cena the Rumble Match.

Rey/Rhodes - Rey Broke Cody's Face with his exposed Knee Brace with the 619 shattering dashing cody rhodes good looks as well as his opportunity to be in the Rumble and Chamber match. Thus ruining his shot at going to mania for the Title now the inclusion of Dusty to help his son will be great.

Lawler/Cole
- Cole has been bad mouthing the king for months now also with his you cant touch me or your fired clause and has finally pushed the King over the Edge as seen on RAW.

Then we have Edge vs Del Rio which has zero history or feud other than a heel chasing a face's title how are fans gonna be interested in a heel chasing the title.You know without any sort of history behind it if this was a face chasing a title that would be different but it is'nt.
Reactions: 1andOnlyDobz!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Completely agree. In my opinion, this feud depends on how WWE use Christian. He is the key to this feud so if they use him sparingly, it won't work. i personally think adding him to the match would work best because then there's a multi-dimensional feud as each guy has a beef with the other 2 but the story is completely different in each case. That's what makes a good feud especially for Wrestlemania.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
HHH and 'Taker are feuding because 'Taker retired HBK and gave him a better life with his family.

ADR injured Edge's 'brother' and put him out of action and in pain for 6 months.

The first one is okay for a feud, but you have a problem with the second one?

· Registered
7,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and has edge mentioned he wants revenge for christian?

christian already came back already and got his revenge

and they are not brothers anymore lol wwe changed it to best friends

now if christian never came back and edge actually showed an inch of wanting revenge then maybe

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
Edge always gets shit feuds for Mania. Shampoo commercial, a feud built on the spear, a feud with Cena that went no where and involved Big Show for no reason, and now a feud with ADR with no history and no reasoning. At least the match itself will be good.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
and has edge mentioned he wants revenge for christian?
Edge hasn't mentioned a single thing about anything other than Dolph Ziggler because up until last Sunday (kayfayabe wise) he didn't know if he would be going to Wrestlemania as champ. This week he ended his feud with Vickie and Dolph and now he can focus on Del Rio. There has been absolutely no build-up to anything Rio/Edge related because the feud just started.

· #RiseAbove
1,484 Posts
Got plenty of time for it to build up, if Christian returns then i think it will be a triple threat. If not then maybe Edge wants revenge.
:agree: Patience people. As in next Smackdown! the snowball starts rolling patience.

· Is a Snit Head
34,365 Posts
The feud is strictly about ADR winning the title and fulfilling his destiny that he goes around and brags about. I'm fine with the approach they are taking on it, all the other feuds have that personal grudge behind them once can just be about the World Championship.

· Is a Snit Head
34,365 Posts
I wouldn't say pointless. Everyone saw the match between them coming within a week of Edge being injured. Jericho talked a lot of trash about his injured partner and Edge came back pissed. It didn't need to be for the title but I thought it was the sensible way for Edge to come back. Edge is one of my favorites and I remember thinking to myself when Jericho was cutting a promo on him, "I can't wait until Edge comes back and kills you."

· Registered
7,800 Posts
ADR/Edge & Rhodes/Mysterio

If WWE had some bigger matches on the card, it wouldn't be such a problem.

Last year we had Edge/Jericho, Michaels/Taker, Cena/Batista & Hart/Mcmahon which were all WM worthy matches.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Edge always gets shit feuds for Mania. Shampoo commercial, a feud built on the spear, a feud with Cena that went no where and involved Big Show for no reason, and now a feud with ADR with no history and no reasoning. At least the match itself will be good.
No REASONING? Edge is the champion and Del Rio won the Royal Rumble. Does that not qualify as a reason? God forbid the WWE makes a title feud about.....the title, instead of some personal nonsense that the grudge feuds like Punk/Orton already have covered.

· Registered
7,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ del rio is a bad guy fans have no reason to care for a heel to chase a title

when Orton won rumble at least he has a huge history with hhh when he challenged for the belt at mania

thats why i hope they include christian in the storyline to make it interesting

· Registered
1,538 Posts
HHH/Del Rio will only matter if Christian is involved and if not then I will not care at all

Miz/Cena feud again is fine as long as they don't go the same route as the first feud with Miz callling Cena stale/boring and that he's the new face of the WWE. Find something different.

HHH/Undertaker is another feud that will be repeated but in this case it's fine since the feud will be totally different than the one 10 years ago just like the HHH/Orton feud at WM25. They feuded countless times in the past but the feud going into Wrestlemania was totally different than their past feuds.

Rhodes and Mysterio feud is something I am looking forward to as long as it's not a Mask vs. something match.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.