Wrestling Forum banner

That was the John Cena that we want to see

19K views 192 replies 105 participants last post by  chasing2009 
#1 ·
Now me making a thread whilst watching Raw is a very rare thing but then again me staying up to watch Raw at this time of night is also very rare but after watching the opening segment i just felt compelled to make a thread. THAT promo from John Cena is exactly what has been missing from him in the last couple of years due to him being very restricted in what he can say and do as he is the face of the company.

I worried to start with about where they were going to go with that segment but you could see that John Cena was allowed to cut loose and cut an unscripted promo and the results were there for everyone to see. What was best about the whole thing is that John Cena not only returned the favour in dissing The Rock but also spoke complete truth throughout it all to the point now where if The Rock doesn't stand by his word and never leaves again then he will now be the one who look's bad.

In saying we see through you John Cena has basically now just one upped The Rock because there is no way back for The Rock now in my opinion as he now HAS to face John Cena in the ring and has to keep making appearances or he will be seen as a liar. I am just happy that John Cena was allowed to cut that kind of promo again and Vince McMahon now must be licking his lips with delight knowing now that The Rock has to face John Cena and the amount of money in that feud is HUGE potentially.

See less See more
#5 ·
Best promo he's given in years.

#6 ·
Sorry, but I thought it was kind of lame. I understand that many of you guys are new fans, or fans that came to be in the last 5 years, but sorry, that wasn't good. Was it better then Cena's old promos, yeah, and I guess you could say Cancer is better then AIDS, but it doesn't ignore the fact that both suck, and that goes for cena being superman, or him being "thuganomics" Vanilla Ice.
He makes a Brokeback Moutian joke... HAHAHAHAHA... Wow, haven't heard that since 2005. And him, ripping on Rock at all, about his "kids" movies is the most eye rolling shit I have seen. Cena, he may do some kids movies, but you do KIDS WRESTLING. This whole PG bullshit, you are the poster boy. Talking out of both sides your mouth. Hey, if you guys think it was cool, awesome, it was nothing compared to the Rock, and you can tell, the Audience agreed...

#11 ·
Sorry, but I thought it was kind of lame. I understand that many of you guys are new fans, or fans that came to be in the last 5 years, but sorry, that wasn't good. Was it better then Cena's old promos, yeah, and I guess you could say Cancer is better then AIDS, but it doesn't ignore the fact that both suck, and that goes for cena being superman, or him being "thuganomics" Vanilla Ice.
He makes a Brokeback Moutian joke... HAHAHAHAHA... Wow, haven't heard that since 2005. And him, ripping on Rock at all, about his "kids" movies is the most eye rolling shit I have seen. Cena, he may do some kids movies, but you do KIDS WRESTLING. This whole PG bullshit, you are the poster boy. Talking out of both sides your mouth. Hey, if you guys think it was cool, awesome, it was nothing compared to the Rock, and you can tell, the Audience agreed...
Actually John Cena won most of the fans who were booing him over with his freestyle.

#7 ·
Since he did it, it was kinda how I thought he should have did it
But get this, I finally understand all those people that cheered Hogan and booed Rock
Hogan was their hero (no pun intended lol) and now Rock is some of our heroes back then

So I think Cena's retaliation was good because it showed that he can at least come back with something decent and even if you didn't like it or like him, it was effective in the feud between he and Rock

#8 ·
Even though it was kind of awkward to see John Cena freestyle in that hideous purple attire, he did a great job in retaliating against The Rock. It was nowhere near better then his 2003/04 freestyle work but it was just fine from what it was. They are both neck to neck in verbal assault perspective.

I can’t wait to see my fellow Rock marks (who some blind and delusional) not give Cena credit. :rolleyes:

THAT was the John Cena I missed and was a big fan of.

#10 ·
It was very good and very much owned The Rock but I didn't enjoy the 'PGness' before it. He was all 'Yay hello kiddies' then he suddenly turns on his 'Thugonamics'? It just seemed off. Still the promo itself was very good, enjoyed it a lot. Everything he said was true.

I want to see these two in the same ring.

#24 ·
Cena shitted on the Rock tonight

The Rock's overall promo was better than Cena's

But the parts where they took shots at each other, Cena is clearly leading right now

All the rock did was say "you can't see me" in a whiny way and say Cena looks like fruity pebbles

Cena went in on The Rock and all of his movies tonight lol

Can't wait to see how Rock comes back at him

#32 ·
That's the John Cena who sold out and who changed his style to appease corporate WWE. That's all I saw in that promo and it's gonna be noted by the most trained eye of them all..the Rock.

#34 ·
I'm not surprised. I've always knew he had it in him. This is the Cena that can go toe to toe with the Rock. Cena of 2003 would've done ALOT more damage but it's okay. I'm just glad that it wasn't PG. In order for this feud to work, Cena needs to be let loose on mic. no PG.

I'm so happy that my dream feud is on the verge of happening.

#37 ·
It was a good promo, no doubt.

But wow, you people make it sound like as soon as Cena starts rapping, nobody can touch the guy. I remember Kurt Angle tearing him a new asshole against his raps. Whose to say Rock won't do the same. We'll see I guess.

#40 ·
I'm one of the Rocks biggest fans and one of the biggest Cena haters but I have to give the guy credit where it's due - Cena nailed it tonight from a pretty difficult position, shame that he ever got away from what can clearly be a very effective gimmick. The Rock is very limited in how he can respond effectively, should be very interesting to see how the shit goes down.

Still, completely fucking pointless in regard to the WWE title match.

#44 ·
Watching all this stuff again, Rock's promo was the type he cut in 2002. Great stuff, but it can get stale. Cena with his rap gimmick can hang with him. I wish Rock would be more like he was in 99-01, where he blew everyone out of the water.

I don't think it was difficult. Cena's promo was excellent, but all he did was talk about a few of The Rock's movies which was an easy thing to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.