Wrestling Forum banner

That was the John Cena that we want to see

18734 Views 192 Replies 105 Participants Last post by  chasing2009
Now me making a thread whilst watching Raw is a very rare thing but then again me staying up to watch Raw at this time of night is also very rare but after watching the opening segment i just felt compelled to make a thread. THAT promo from John Cena is exactly what has been missing from him in the last couple of years due to him being very restricted in what he can say and do as he is the face of the company.

I worried to start with about where they were going to go with that segment but you could see that John Cena was allowed to cut loose and cut an unscripted promo and the results were there for everyone to see. What was best about the whole thing is that John Cena not only returned the favour in dissing The Rock but also spoke complete truth throughout it all to the point now where if The Rock doesn't stand by his word and never leaves again then he will now be the one who look's bad.

In saying we see through you John Cena has basically now just one upped The Rock because there is no way back for The Rock now in my opinion as he now HAS to face John Cena in the ring and has to keep making appearances or he will be seen as a liar. I am just happy that John Cena was allowed to cut that kind of promo again and Vince McMahon now must be licking his lips with delight knowing now that The Rock has to face John Cena and the amount of money in that feud is HUGE potentially.
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

· Proud Pastafarian =)
4,066 Posts
He went in on the Rock. Had me rollin :lmao

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Best promo he's given in years.

· Registered
710 Posts
Sorry, but I thought it was kind of lame. I understand that many of you guys are new fans, or fans that came to be in the last 5 years, but sorry, that wasn't good. Was it better then Cena's old promos, yeah, and I guess you could say Cancer is better then AIDS, but it doesn't ignore the fact that both suck, and that goes for cena being superman, or him being "thuganomics" Vanilla Ice.
He makes a Brokeback Moutian joke... HAHAHAHAHA... Wow, haven't heard that since 2005. And him, ripping on Rock at all, about his "kids" movies is the most eye rolling shit I have seen. Cena, he may do some kids movies, but you do KIDS WRESTLING. This whole PG bullshit, you are the poster boy. Talking out of both sides your mouth. Hey, if you guys think it was cool, awesome, it was nothing compared to the Rock, and you can tell, the Audience agreed...

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Since he did it, it was kinda how I thought he should have did it
But get this, I finally understand all those people that cheered Hogan and booed Rock
Hogan was their hero (no pun intended lol) and now Rock is some of our heroes back then

So I think Cena's retaliation was good because it showed that he can at least come back with something decent and even if you didn't like it or like him, it was effective in the feud between he and Rock

· You're better than that Cole.
3,991 Posts
Even though it was kind of awkward to see John Cena freestyle in that hideous purple attire, he did a great job in retaliating against The Rock. It was nowhere near better then his 2003/04 freestyle work but it was just fine from what it was. They are both neck to neck in verbal assault perspective.

I can’t wait to see my fellow Rock marks (who some blind and delusional) not give Cena credit. :rolleyes:

THAT was the John Cena I missed and was a big fan of.

· Banned
5,112 Posts
It was very good and very much owned The Rock but I didn't enjoy the 'PGness' before it. He was all 'Yay hello kiddies' then he suddenly turns on his 'Thugonamics'? It just seemed off. Still the promo itself was very good, enjoyed it a lot. Everything he said was true.

I want to see these two in the same ring.

· You're better than that Cole.
3,991 Posts
Sorry, but I thought it was kind of lame. I understand that many of you guys are new fans, or fans that came to be in the last 5 years, but sorry, that wasn't good. Was it better then Cena's old promos, yeah, and I guess you could say Cancer is better then AIDS, but it doesn't ignore the fact that both suck, and that goes for cena being superman, or him being "thuganomics" Vanilla Ice.
He makes a Brokeback Moutian joke... HAHAHAHAHA... Wow, haven't heard that since 2005. And him, ripping on Rock at all, about his "kids" movies is the most eye rolling shit I have seen. Cena, he may do some kids movies, but you do KIDS WRESTLING. This whole PG bullshit, you are the poster boy. Talking out of both sides your mouth. Hey, if you guys think it was cool, awesome, it was nothing compared to the Rock, and you can tell, the Audience agreed...
Actually John Cena won most of the fans who were booing him over with his freestyle.

· Banned
8,885 Posts
I kind of a agree with this although I didn't think Cena's promo was bad I've just seen much better from other wrestlers and even Cena himself. There where some cringe worthy moments and all he did was bash him about his movie roles which is pretty lame in my opinion. Rocks promo hit a lot closer to home and was a lot more real. Cena's problem is that he doesn't have anything that he can bash The Rock about besides his movies and the fact that he left the WWE.

Don't get me wrong, the promo was great but there are a lot of overreactions on these boards.

· SWAG/SPICE
41,146 Posts
I kind of a agree with this although I didn't think Cena's promo was bad I've just seen much better from other wrestlers and even Cena himself. There where some cringe worthy moments and all he did was bash him about his movie roles which is pretty lame in my opinion. Rocks promo hit a lot closer to home and was a lot more real. Cena's problem is that he doesn't have anything that he can bash The Rock about besides his movies and the fact that he left the WWE.

Don't get me wrong, the promo was great but there are a lot of overreactions on these boards.
Well if you put it that way LOL.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have been a fan since 1988 so i think i have seen quite a few promo's in my time and considering how the product is now in comparison to how it was when The Rock was around that promo by John Cena was great. I am not a fan who believe's just because a wrestler swears a lot like Stone Cold Steve Austin did or makes jokes like The Rock does it doesn't make a great promo and if i am asked who the best talker of all time is i would probably say that Mick Foley or Ric Flair have been the best of all time on a consistent basis.

What you forget though is that The Rock made jokes about Barney The Dinosaur and a cereal called Fruity Pebbles and said ass a few times but apparently you ate all of that up as a truly great promo whereas John Cena mentions Brokeback Mountain and it isn't funny, i have a feeling that had The Rock said it then it would have been hilarious. Hating John Cena is so 2006 now and it is Randy Orton that everyone hates on now, if you didn't enjoy that promo by John Cena then you shouldn't really even watch WWE anymore because that was the best promo i have seen from WWE's poster boy in around four or five years.

· Registered
14 Posts
I have been a fan since 1988 so i think i have seen quite a few promo's in my time and considering how the product is now in comparison to how it was when The Rock was around that promo by John Cena was great. I am not a fan who believe's just because a wrestler swears a lot like Stone Cold Steve Austin did or makes jokes like The Rock does it doesn't make a great promo and if i am asked who the best talker of all time is i would probably say that Mick Foley or Ric Flair have been the best of all time on a consistent basis.

What you forget though is that The Rock made jokes about Barney The Dinosaur and a cereal called Fruity Pebbles and said ass a few times but apparently you ate all of that up as a truly great promo whereas John Cena mentions Brokeback Mountain and it isn't funny, i have a feeling that had The Rock said it then it would have been hilarious. Hating John Cena is so 2006 now and it is Randy Orton that everyone hates on now, if you didn't enjoy that promo by John Cena then you shouldn't really even watch WWE anymore because that was the best promo i have seen from WWE's poster boy in around four or five years.
True! Don't really like Cena but he cut out a really good promo! Here's to The Rock vs Cena happening!

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.