Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Edge warned Kane to not "do that", you could clearly see that there was NOBODY sitting on the Wheelchair!

Perhaps, this would've been a great time to use a dummy.... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
This whole angle is horrible lol

Kidnapping is not a felony in professional wrestling it appears. :p

Reactions: Caponex75

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
This whole thing is the worst storyline WWE has put out this year.

I sincerely hope that the rumors of Michael Hayes's job being in jeopardy are completely true.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
This whole angle is horrible lol

Kidnapping is not a felony in professional wrestling it appears. :p
Kidnapping, r*pe, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, assault with a deadly weapon....all as welcome as a handshake in professional wrestling.

Horrible, horrible angle that I hope has seen its last light. Kane gets "revenge" next week, Edge gets the belt at TLC, and then this terrible two month period can be eradicated from our memories with a decent WM build...hopefully

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I'm sure they'll have some stupid announcement next week that Paul Bearer is severely injured and is in hospital. I'm sure the fact that Edge committed attempted murder won't be brought up.

What a ridiculous storyline. I don't understand why this storyline would encourage people to get behind Edge anyway. All this is doing is making me feel sympathetic to Kane.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,276 Posts
God and every damn week it's the same stupid shit nothing new, Edge is pushing Bearer around backstage Kane is chasing him Edge threatens to do something to Bearer then it turns out to be a dummy, i mean damn how many times can Kane fall for the fake dummy trick is he that stupid? the writers apparently are for writing this shit, i seriously feel like kicking Edge in the balls about 20 or 30 times for doing this stupid shit.\

The writers are seriously lazy as fuck on smackdown that's probably why it's all wrestling and hardly any promo's because their to damn lazy to write any, the Edge and Kane storyline all they do is just write Edge continues to torture Kane with fake dummies.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
This angle and Kane vs Taker really killed a lot of my interest in SD. A shame too because before it I found Edge to be entertaining again.

·
An inconspicuous fella
1,505 Posts
And I am supposed to believe that Edge Carried Paul Bearer and that wheel chair and secure him an the platform on top of those two ladders all within the time period of Smackdown where Kane is searching the arena looking for them. I love Kane and respect Edge, but how they both agreed to do this bullshit without putting their foot down and making other suggestions boggles the mind.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Kidnapping, r*pe, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, assault with a deadly weapon....all as welcome as a handshake in professional wrestling.

Horrible, horrible angle that I hope has seen its last light. Kane gets "revenge" next week, Edge gets the belt at TLC, and then this terrible two month period can be eradicated from our memories with a decent WM build...hopefully
You forgot the EX-LAX in the cake in the buffet a few years ago. They did it on WWE and WCW. The Harris brothers got it in WCW, I forgot who ate in on WWE.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
this was horrible indeed... but, come on, there's been worse

-bigbossman hanging in front of everyone
-mae young birthing a hand
-the dudleys putting mae young trough a table
-evolution trying to run batista over with a jbl-like limo
-big show chokeslamming cena to a huge light
-piggy james storyline(aka pro-anorexia)
-undertaker buried alive
-the constant beating of old men that could easily be your grandparents at the hands of young guys

this one's messed up, but its not too different from others and i just mentioned a very few examples

·
Registered
127 Posts
Seriously this is the worst, on the same show that had Hornswoggle feed AKME birdseed to Chavo in the Eagle costume and try to eat him and god knows what else I had to run stick a spoon up my ass to dull the pain. Why can't they have like Raw be kiddy crap and Smackdown be the edgier or vice versa.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I thought the worst part of it was after Paul had fallen, most probably to his death, and then Edge said "I told you so". WTF kind of reaction is that?

Seriously this is the worst, on the same show that had Hornswoggle feed AKME birdseed to Chavo in the Eagle costume and try to eat him
At least The Eagle sold the injury.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Seriously this is the worst, on the same show that had Hornswoggle feed AKME birdseed to Chavo in the Eagle costume and try to eat him and god knows what else I had to run stick a spoon up my ass to dull the pain. Why can't they have like Raw be kiddy crap and Smackdown be the edgier or vice versa.
Unfortunately, it's the other way around. Raw has become edgier and interesting, while Smackdown has become kiddier and dumber. Seems to me: Raw 2009 = Smackdown 2010.

I really don't know what's the point of this whole angle. I'm supposed to support Edge at TLC, but it's now the other way around...

BTW, the Eagle SHOULD remain with Swagger. On its own, it's nothing more than Gobbledy Gooker 2010.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
IMO, this entire show, apart from the actual wrestling (the midget's "match" isn't considered wrestling), was pretty horrible. The whole Paul Bearer kidnapping thing ran it's course like 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
What a ridiculous storyline. I don't understand why this storyline would encourage people to get behind Edge anyway. All this is doing is making me feel sympathetic to Kane.
Totally agree. No matter how disliked Kane or Paul Bearer is, Edge has been acting totally heelish.
What I would have really liked to see is the Undertaker return and chokeslam Edge for kidnapping his father.

This storyline may have been all right for a one off episode, but at this point it seems like it's dragged on longer than the anonymous Raw general manager. The only difference is that the Raw GM angle is slightly entertaining.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Not only is this angle dull as hell & making Edge (supposedly a face) look like a complete asshole, but why is the WWE hell-bent on making Kane (the supposed champion and #1 heel) look like a bitch?

·
Ho!
17,957 Posts
I've been happy with the storyline the past few weeks, but this week I felt the execution and end of it was a bit poor. Edge's treatment of Paul was the only interesting element in this feud, and with that gone, so goes any interest I have in it, unless they can come up with something next week, and come up with something if they plan to build up for the Rumble.

And Smackdown this week was pretty poor. Amazing though, after Jericho lost the World Title, Smackdown took such a nosedive. Maybe there were little sparks of entertainment here in there (the whole Edge/Paul thing being one of them for me), but for the most part it's like "Really Smackdown? Really!?" (as Miz would say).

1 - 20 of 83 Posts