Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm honestly losing count how many times all of the commentary teams on RAW and SmackDown! use the adjective 'hellacious'. Having said that, the commentary teams in general are extremely repetitive with their descriptions.

Know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
I used to work as announcer and commentator for an European indy promotion and there are just so many ways to call "standard" moves like a hip toss in a 90minutes wretling show especially in the matches which come later on the card.

BUT - yes I still think WWE announcers use certain vocabulary to such an amount that they don´t mean shit anymore whatsoever

Off topic: my first post hi! to everybody

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Of course, the really hellacious thing here is this thread, but you can be forgiven because of the McCool av. Respect, bro.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I used to work as announcer and commentator for an European indy promotion and there are just so many ways to call "standard" moves like a hip toss in a 90minutes wretling show especially in the matches which come later on the card.

BUT - yes I still think WWE announcers use certain vocabulary to such an amount that they don´t mean shit anymore whatsoever

Off topic: my first post hi! to everybody
Hey there! Cool background, it's always nice to have someone on here who's worked in the business. I myself went to a wrestling camp :)

And yes, I agree that WWE announcers use certain vocabulary so much it no longer means what it could.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can't count how many time cole says "Orton hears voices in his head"

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I guess they say it so much that I've actually added that word into my vocabulary, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts