·
Banned
13,572 Posts
He was using his Dark Night voice duh

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's just infuriating.. Sting is a legend with decades worth of promos.. And here comes the WWE fuckery train to act as if no one knows what Sting sounds like. As if he's some NXT rookie just making his big break into the big leagues.. Jesus christ. Sting agreed to this shit?

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well to be fair, Sting didn't really cut promos when he went against the NwO. Maybe they are doing this again idk
The fact is.. We ALL know what Sting sounds like.. Through Surfer sting, Crow Sting, Joker sting.. It's essentially the same voice adapted to a different role.

The dumb shit WWE just pulled not only wasn't Stings voice.. It didn't even have any of his vocal mannerisms.. It was just bad.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well to be fair, Sting didn't really cut promos when he went against the NwO. Maybe they are doing this again idk
If they were going that route, then they wouldn't have even done the crap they put on the screen out there tonight.

I like the lines, but the fact that Sting didn't actually say them was just plain dumb. You can't tell me that they couldn't have recorded that promo when he was brought in to work the spot with Triple H for Fast Lane. They are acting like nobody has ever heard Sting speak before. Great segment, but very poorly executed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
you know what. i want both hhh and wyatt to go over their WM opponents due to them CARRYING THE WHOLE feud with their respective lazy ass i only wrestle one night a year opponent.
Well TBH WWE gave Sting the contract for a limited number of dates which amounted to a total of 5 appearances. If you watched the pod cast that Vince had with Stone Cold, Sting was to be treated as a "special attraction".

As far as the Undertaker is concerned, I kinda feel WWE blackmailed him into the match. In other words because he's still under contract with WWE therefore he likely has some obligations to fulfill as part of that contract. I honestly think if Undertaker truly had his way, last year would have been his last match and he's only agreeing to this match because he is contractually obligated to do so.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I didn't think that sounded like Sting either, lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

At least if you're going to air a Sting video, use his real voice.

Reactions: Even Flow

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
They're trying to do a half-assed version of Sting vs. the nWo, where WCW did nothing but tease him for months, never let him speak or compete, just show little teases of him. Only problem is, it's 2015, and much of the WWE audience doesn't even know who the fuck Sting is. And even for those who do, it has been a LONG time since he was relevant. Like 15 years since relevancy.

And you don't even know why he's feuding with HHH, since he doesn't show up to explain it. This is a stupid fucking feud.

·
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to imagine that Sting was either trying his hardest to sound badass and mysterious or they slowed his voice down a bit, changed it up backstage or something. The idea of them being unable to afford Sting to speak for two minutes in a pre-recorded promo is pretty funny though.
Let's entertain this theory for a moment.

If that was indeed sting. WTF would WWE go so far out of their way to make Sting.. Sound.. NOTHING LIKE STING WHATSOEVER?

Less than 5 seconds into that I knew it wasn't Sting. And by reading on the internet.. No one else did either.

That wasn't Sting.. WWE can't find enough time to write a proper RAW.. I doubt they found the time to alter Stings voice and his mannerisms to the point it sounds nothing like him..

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
What sucks is that it was actually a decent promo package that did what they've been needing to do: have Sting explain his side of the feud so that HHH doesn't control the narrative and make sure people know Sting is going for HHH top stop him from doing to WWE what Bischoff/Hogan did to WCW.

But... that voice is just so distracting that it undermines the message a bit.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.