Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Loved the show. Absolutely a Five Star show, without a doubt. Loved the old school set; the red,white, and blue ropes, blue floor mats, plain metal barriers; it was all just perfect. Great card too.

Piper's Pit was amazing. You have GOT to love Hot Rod. I loved how he talked about all the guys who never held the WWE Championship. That's something that has needed to be talked about on WWE TV for a long time.

This show really got me looking forward to Survivor Series. Good Job WWE. Well done.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Piper's Pit was great. He put over the WWE championship big time, which makes the match at SS so much bigger. Cena in the Nexus shirt was good too.

My favorite part of the night was JR calling DB/Swagger. Heel Cole was great. Best shot was when they panned over to the table and JR/King are calling the match, and Cole just had his head in his hands.

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
Loved the show. Absolutely a Five Star show, without a doubt. Loved the old school set; the red,white, and blue ropes, blue floor mats, plain metal barriers; it was all just perfect. Great card too.

Piper's Pit was amazing. You have GOT to love Hot Rod. I loved how he talked about all the guys who never held the WWE Championship. That's something that has needed to be talked about on WWE TV for a long time.

This show really got me looking forward to Survivor Series. Good Job WWE. Well done.
Agree 100% m8.

Everything they did really ws OLD SCHOOL. I loved the fact the superstars were even wearing the retro t shirts. WWE can really do great things when they put their minds to it. Definitely a candidate for RAW episode of the year. Great stuff.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Loved the intro, loved the ring, loved the tron, loved Justin Roberts in that wig, loved MEAN GENE, loved JR, loved Cole being a prick, loved Mae 'Sluts and Bitches' Young, loved the Orton/Cena/Barrett/Piper stuff. Yeah, it was a pretty awesome show, one of the better ones this year. There was some silly crap but the good outweighs the bad. I just hope they can keep it up when I go to KOTR in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!!!!! Those promos that Ziggler and Kofi cut before their matches were freaking awesome! Everything about that RAW was absolutely great... The best in years.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Man, Cole was hilarious. I love it when he falls asleep at the announce table! JR is awesome, too. I would love it if he came back and we had King, JR and Cole all the time. But yeah, awesome show. Loved the final segment except didn't like Orton went down to Cena- Only cause 9 nights out of 10, I hate Cena. But I can't wait for this weekend: UFC123 and SS!
Cole actually really annoyed me, I know he was supposed to insult JR and everything to keep getting heat but I've been waiting God knows how long to hear JR call another match and I had to endure Cole butting in with his stupid whining and insulting of a legend. Not Coles fault I suppose, he played the arse hole well but didn't like that move by WWE.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Roddy Piper, in one promo, boosted the prestige of the WWE championship considerably in my eyes. As a whole I really don't think the show was anything special (Jim Duggan, Tatanka and Dusty Rhodes in a wig dancing backstage makes sense?) but still a good show.

THIS is how you honour legends, TNA. You include them in the show, you don't give them an entire fucking PPV.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i think everyone will now have to stop badmouthing cr5eative and realise that alot of the shit that has been given to us over the last while will have been because they were told to put it in due to lindas senate campaign.

Its not a coinidence that the last raws since linda lost her election have been fucking awesome.

Expect more of the same now that creative arent walking on eggeshells anymore.

Thank God linda lost

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
It was a nice nostalgia moment but I didn't care for the mixing of the eras and the fact that classic Raw characters were not represented. If you're going to have the old school Raw set, have old school Raw wrestlers.

I would have preferred an "old school" Superstars special on NBC as the go home show before Survivor Series instead.
I agree with this somewhat. They started the night with Mark Henry coming out to Sexual Chocolate, which made me MARK the fuck out - then no one else follows suit?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I agree with this somewhat. They started the night with Mark Henry coming out to Sexual Chocolate, which made me MARK the fuck out - then no one else follows suit?
This is the one downside I can agree with.After seeing that, I kind of expected others to follow suit.After that, I was really hoping for Orton to come out to his (much superior, imo) old entrance theme, along with Cena.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
This is the one downside I can agree with.After seeing that, I kind of expected others to follow suit.After that, I was really hoping for Orton to come out to his (much superior, imo) old entrance theme, along with Cena.
But what does Cena and Orton old theme have to do with old school? Mark Henry old theme he came out with last night was during the mid to late 90's, whereas Cena and Orton didn't come around to after 2002.

·
"Ingrato De Chicago"
1,005 Posts
That RAW was great. Damn it takes me back when I was a kid watching WWF. That old school feeling was there. Really liked that Pipers Pit. I did not have have high expectations but damn what a RAW. Hopefully they do this once a year or once every 2 years. Bravo to the WWE people who participated and set this up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
WWoooooooooooooo Wooooooo Woooooooooooooooooooo That was fucking excellent I loved every moment!!!!!!
Loved the stand up interviews (which they should still do) Loved the box in the corner with the wrestler rant. Loved the old rope's, loved the blue mats (lol at the black patch! not enough blue?) Loved the old style barriers, loved the best ring announcer of all time (Fink) loved good ol' JR, Lol'd at sexual chocolate, loved the old theme, loved the 3 red letters (RAW) Loved the blue ring steps, loved the old font and presentation, loved seeing all the legends, Hot Rod will always be the best on the mic. Hell I even loved the pyro's. Hey wait there wasn't any.. EXCACTLY. Wooo the best raw in years. Most of all I loved seeing the old WWF logo.

Phew now I finished marking out I gotta ask how come the WWE spent what I could only guess must have been millions bluring out the WWF logo on all the old footage only to plaster it all over this broadcast??

Oh no wait Im marking out again woooo woooo wooooo!!!!

41 - 60 of 73 Posts