Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
October 28th, 2010- My return to WF
959 Posts
i viewed the show on Dish satellite and it was rated PG-13! not PG! ohmahgawd! haha but from what i got to see of it, tonights show was fantastic and i hope that it stays this way! i didnt feel embarrassed to watch it!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
This was the first RAW I have seen in 6 months, and it was great. Big up to Slaughter for throwin down at his age, Mae Young for saying "sluts" and "bitches" on PG TV, JR for some real commentary, and Piper for a fantastic end promo.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
also, someone posted it was pg13. if so, Hell Yes! that raw proved wrestling can be awesome with pg(13).

Everything was perfect, dibiase/db, swagger/db, mae young, uso/hd, everything. every single fued, be it morrison/sheamus to miz/barret/orton/cena/ (epic btw) is exciting and i cant wait to buy survivor series!

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Mae Young's challenge to LayCool was the best part of the show lmao.

A great RAW by 2010 standards and one of the best since 2008 IMO.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
watching the last promo again. fantastic work. creative was brilliant for making us wait months for cena to wear the nexus shirt, and it finally happened

sorry for posting so much, im just so excited for survivor series!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Amen, I marked like a bitch lol
yup

orton's character is awesome and entertaining and is a great anti hero and personally enjoy him as champ (rko=the new stunner). cena is teasing a heel turn and barret is a mega heel already. miz is also an interesting and unpredictable heel in this saga

ive never been this excited for a ppv in years!

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I really have to say...that was a great Raw. It was by far the best Raw of the year.

Everything from Sexual Chocolate, to the Iron Sheik getting his mic cut off, to Mae Young calling LayCool "sluts", to Piper giving the WWE Championship some much needed credibility. There were solid promos, some pretty good matches, and some very funny skits. And of course, what topped of Raw for me was JR. Absolutely awesome appearance by him...I just wish he would come back, if only just for PPV's.

·
#WWELogic
3,987 Posts
WOW......Who knew? Who knew that the E actually had the brains and balls to actually pull off a show like they just did? Because two weeks ago I would have laughed at the idea but tonight the E just may have sparked an intrest in watching their product or at least shell out 50 bucks for the PPV on Sunday.

The intro, the set, the promos and even the matches tonight reeked of "better things to come" Hello when you have that old school theme song playing (who doesn't like the sax's of the 80's/90's)

I dodn't know about you but that HD set needs to get the F out (taking an old school saying myself), I mean just having those two towers, the RAW sign as Wrestler's entered it just made that feel that anyone could walk through that sign and stir up any typ[e of action. To me that was what MNR was all about no stome flashly set that can produce grave yards behind the Undertaker, no the set did just that set the stage for the nights actions and tonight was all about the action.

Plus Hot Rod actually made the WWE title mean something, hell when was the last time that Title MEANT anything besides a childs favorite toy? Also JR & the King sorry Cole but those two BELONG together on Monday nights period...Cole would do great on SD with Matthews but for one match Cole was and will always be that poor man's JR.

It was just such a great night and I know it's been debated between Orton/Cena ala Rock/Austin or Hart/Michaels or Hogan/Warrior ect but the stare down those two men had tonight gave me goosebumps and if some how the E can continue this trend in caring for the "WRESTLER'S" and getting rid of the foucs onm the "entertianment" thten maybe just maybe Monday nioght's will be worth talking about.

Stay Frosty

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah definitely one of the best RAW's I have seen in a very long time. I was actually able to sit down and watch the whole show. Great to see JR back, and it's good to see a break from the usual PG. Michael Cole was a complete asshole to JR! Again a very great show and worth the watch!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have to agree with most of the above....Raw tonight was just pure,pure genius.There had to be something in the air at Hershey,PA.It wasnt just the booking.The promos were ALL awesome, the tag match was awesome, even the piss-break divas portion was awesome.And what is it about Jim Ross that makes Lawler good? It makes me sad to know that next monday will be business-as-usual for RAW.I was one of the people who thought the dissenters were crazy with all their "its lost its touch" or "its too over-produced now" talk.But tonight i see the light.As stupid as this sounds, their was a magic to RAW i havent felt in a long, long time

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Don't mean to sound like a dick but I didn't enjoy it that much. There was too much cringe-worthy stuff for my liking. Final segment was great though.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts