Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved every second. Was the best raw in years. It wasn't all the nostalgia, it was because they actually BUILT up story lines, cena finally put the shirt on, new stars are being pushed (and are getting story lines), Mae Young broke the PG barrier, Orton and Cena confront, beautiful promos, and amazing segment with roddy piper, cena, barret, and randy.

Creative, you're awesome. Thanks. Please make more shoes like this. Please give the new stars actual story lines like you did today. Damn, im so pumped after watching that, and thats how it should be.

Looking forward to Survivor Series, consider me a customer.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Definitely the best Raw of this year by a mile.

the only thing I didn't like was Piper's Pit, but rather than go into it, I want to say that I hope Raw gets over a 4.0 and then drops big time next week to show that the way they did TV tonight is what they should do every week. I'm not just talking nostalgia. Things actually made sense tonight. Hell, we had two real teams fight to become number one contenders and I hate Santino. But it was booked right.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Great promos and great action! I was glued to the screen for the entire duration!!

PS: Was anyone else amazed at how well Sgt. Slaughter moved for a 62 year old?

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I mainly thought it was interesting to after all these years see Roddy Piper on the mic again , the last time I remember really seeing him I didn't really evaluate "Mic skills" or anything of the sort but he did very , VERY well on the mic

Also Danielson going over a former WHC/All american whos 1 foot taller and like 100 pounds heavier and CLEAN at that , thats a big deal :eek:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great promos and great action! I was glued to the screen for the entire duration!!

PS: Was anyone else amazed at how well Sgt. Slaughter moved for a 62 year old?
I agree 100%. Please, please, please, make it like this every week. I was glued to the screen the whole time. So many good fueds with ACTUAL stories, fantastic commentary, fantastic promos and great wrestling. Damnit, I dont thing I can sleep now lol.

But seriously make it like this every week. The nostalgia factor was good, but the overall show would be excellent with or without it (but my personal opinion is the old ring looks better, but thats an opinion). This episode was fantastic episode and a great prologue to Survivor Series. Cant wait to see what happens. I can guarantee those 45$ wont be wasted if you keep things like this.

Anyway, im rambling. Great show, loved every minute.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
save_us_Mae

Piper's segment was also fricken awesome.

And JR.... nothing else to say there.

Yes.

Slaughter's 62?? Damn.

Regardless, I loved RAW tonight. Everything else doesn't matter now.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Well I will certainly not hate on people who enjoyed this but my opinion was besides the JR segment and the final segment with piper the show was a pile of feces -

I did like Daniels/Swagger match

and alberto Del Rios entrance and promo with slaughter bout it

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
Couldn't agree more, OP. This is just proof that you can put on a good raw in the "pg" era (even if Mae Young did say sluts and bitches haha).

Hot Rod also needs to be a part of the show regularly. Top notch promo, as usual, and that was the first time I was actually hyped about SS. Like alot of others have said, him being GM would be tremendous.

JR also showed that he is still the best in the business and he needs to come back and send "Mitchell" Cole packing.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Phenomenal show. You'll have the few that "hated" it to be cool and go against the grain but it was a great final Raw before a PPV. JR did in about a five to seven minute match what Cole hasn't been able to do since day one: call a match and make it mean something.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, I noticed there was a good amount of "edginess" (specifically Mae and Piper), which was awesome. Im not asking for Attitude Era-esque language, but its amazing how much those words can make a promo that much better and intense.

Gosh im so hyper. The booking was brilliant. Cena finally put the shirt on, Mae broke the barrier, DB got a fued with Dibiase (looking forward to dibiase going over).

My favorite storyline right now is the Miz, ORton, Cena, Barret, Nexus fued. You honestly don't know what will happen, and every possible outcome is great. Consider me a customer because im buying Survivor Series. First time im excited in YEARS for a PPV because each match actually has a story built up to it.

Sigh, rambling again. Conclusion: Raw was awesome, brilliant booking, promos, matches, etc. God damn it was good. Cant wait till Sunday and monday.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, would mark if Piper was GM. Pay him millions he is the best mic worker of all time imo and he is clearly very over.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Piper was fucking great tonight. Put over the SS main event and put over the legends perfectly.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Phenomenal show. You'll have the few that "hated" it to be cool and go against the grain but it was a great final Raw before a PPV. JR did in about a five to seven minute match what Cole hasn't been able to do since day one: call a match and make it mean something.
I agree

Cant believe im saying it but im alright with PG. The show was a good example of why it could stay PG and be good as long as its booked like this.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
JR does something the new commentators don't he anticipates moves and builds them up, pretty sure he doesn't have an exact move list but when someone charges a corner he'll make it sound like he's going for it all. Above average energy constantly without being hyper, just sounds like he cares basically. Same thing with Piper he just gave the WWE belt more meaning beyond I just want to win it, stuff like that.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Man, Cole was hilarious. I love it when he falls asleep at the announce table! JR is awesome, too. I would love it if he came back and we had King, JR and Cole all the time. But yeah, awesome show. Loved the final segment except didn't like Orton went down to Cena- Only cause 9 nights out of 10, I hate Cena. But I can't wait for this weekend: UFC123 and SS!

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
It was a nice nostalgia moment but I didn't care for the mixing of the eras and the fact that classic Raw characters were not represented. If you're going to have the old school Raw set, have old school Raw wrestlers.

I would have preferred an "old school" Superstars special on NBC as the go home show before Survivor Series instead.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Good to see J.R was really glad he gave Cole a decent recognize with his hat he really wasn't gonna shut the hell up. And Mae watch your mouth you might get a good reaction from the crowed LOL.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,078 Posts
Best non-Draft 3-hour Raw in eons. One of the best Raws of this era. One of the best show-closing promos--and just best promos, period--in a looong time. Everything seemed to make sense. Good in-ring action, culminating with Bryan vs. Swagger. JR returns. Mae Young/LayCool comeuppance. All the legends, the retro look, the old-school ads (bring those back!), Lawler back in his electric red King suit and seeming to GIVE A SHIT AGAIN, Alex Riley finally getting a match on WWE television, Barrett being hyper-evil and Satanic, Piper and Cena making me invested in what happens on Sunday in a whole different way, even the lousy Morrison-Sheamus feud picked up legitimate steam, they announced a Survivor Series elimination style match with Rey and Del Rio, Cole heeling it up.

Epic.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts