Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were all looking forward to MJF tonight and I don't think he disappointed in the slightest. The guy's heat is nuclear seeing as how beloved Cody is. The guy is GOLD on the mic and his charisma is off the charts. I love that they had him in there with another guy who's GOLD on the mic in Jericho. Great way to kick off the run. Their chemistry was PERFECT. Not only that but I like the fact that he didn't go the "I don't owe you an explanation" route that WWE does with EVERY SINGLE heel turn. I was afraid of that. We got reasoning on night 1 of the heel run and we got a great segment out of it wth Cody coming out looking like a badass. No waiting 3 weeks just to get some content out of the angle. MJF getting some new muscle with Warlow was also a great move. The guy dresses just like MJF and already plays off of him very well.

I would keep him away from The Inner Circle and have the 2 do their own thing. With Warlow as MJF's muscle, this Cody feud can easily go 2-3 months if they wanted it to.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If I had to nitpick, I wish it was slightly more clear that MJF wasn't joining IC, but they had the same goal in mind.

MJF with a muscle is a fucking great look tho. They're doing him right. That promo had seriousness, cockyness, some great comedy, even Jericho looked as if he was in awe by MJF.

MJF is a serious god and using Cody's entrance was the perfect way to start off that segment.

EDIT: Can I just add as well. Hearing people being booed and cheered when they're pretty obviously a heel or face is just fantastic. Really adds to the aesthetic. At home I'm in love with MJF but if I ever got into an arena I wouldn't have a voice left trying to boo him all night. The crowds have been phenomenal and the workers know how to work the crowds over.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
By the way isn't it a bit stupid to make Cody do what he did tonight when one of his rib injured ?

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
The entire segment was fire. They accomplished so many things in one segment.

-MJF with an incredible promo
-Him and Jericho going back and forth with Inner Circle tease
-Cody with a fiery babyface moment
-Wardlow debut and MJF partnership

Insanely good.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I think the promo could have used a few more bullet points.

So Cody allegedly kept you down. How?

Could have said that he had no PPV matches or TV matches since coming to AEW. That he was reduced to doing stupid cooking shows with his wife on YT.

Cody sold out the fans? How?

Could have said Cody is leeching off the name of his dead father and his brother to make money, but deep down he wishes he had their charisma let alone his charisma or personality. He´s jealous of MJF.

It´s too WWE to just throw out a random reason without actually explaining the feelings and emotions behind it.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Could have said that he had no PPV matches or TV matches since coming to AEW. That he was reduced to doing stupid cooking shows with his wife on YT.

Could have said Cody is leeching off the name of his dead father and his brother to make money, but deep down he wishes he had their charisma let alone his charisma or personality. He´s jealous of MJF.

It´s too WWE to just throw out a random reason without actually explaining the feelings and emotions behind it.
I think he gave enough reasoning tonight. We may get more in coming weeks. It's a lot more than WWE does on Night 1 so I'm just thankful for that. WWE has their heels stay quiet for 3-4 weeks until no one cares anymore, then they have them explain themselves when the heat dies out. Daniel Bryan, Rowan, Sasha Banks, & Bayley are all recent examples.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
I think he gave enough reasoning tonight. We may get more in coming weeks. It's a lot more than WWE does on Night 1 so I'm just thankful for that. WWE has their heels stay quiet for 3-4 weeks until no one cares anymore, then they have them explain themselves when the heat dies out. Daniel Bryan, Rowan, Sasha Banks, & Bayley are all recent examples.
Fair enough. AEW earned the benefit of the doubt, and I hope MJF will go into more detail eventually, cause it´s needed for the crediblity of their product.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
I didn't think they would actually put MJF in the Inner Circle, I thought they did a good job of teasing it enough but then not following through. I feel by the end of the segment it was clear enough that he was with Wardlow and they were not involved with the Inner Circle.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
If I had to nitpick, I wish it was slightly more clear that MJF wasn't joining IC, but they had the same goal in mind.

MJF with a muscle is a fucking great look tho. They're doing him right. That promo had seriousness, cockyness, some great comedy, even Jericho looked as if he was in awe by MJF.

MJF is a serious god and using Cody's entrance was the perfect way to start off that segment.

EDIT: Can I just add as well. Hearing people being booed and cheered when they're pretty obviously a heel or face is just fantastic. Really adds to the aesthetic. At home I'm in love with MJF but if I ever got into an arena I wouldn't have a voice left trying to boo him all night. The crowds have been phenomenal and the workers know how to work the crowds over.
I think leaving unanswered questions just gives an excuse for MJF to have more mic time and encourages people to tune in next time to see how it all plays out.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts

MJF don't deliver dissertations on the mic bruh

They had a limit on how long he could talk because you can't have him going on and on while your champion Jericho stands there doing nothing

They gave MJF a good amount of time then brought Jericho back in and moved things along it was good pacing

1 - 20 of 73 Posts