Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Grey
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the pimp is in distress brahs.

thinking back to my high school days, i had a lot of good friends that i thought would still be in my life today, now at 20 i wonder what the fuck happened brahs #sad

doesn't it suck how friendships that were once great are gone in the wind now?

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
I was thinking about this today - that's why whenever I see/hear that stupid apparent 'scientific' fact 'if a friendship lasts more than 7 years it will generally last a lifetime' to me that's absolute bullshit as the most common thing I hear from adults is 'I wouldn't have a clue what anyone I went to school with is doing,' and your bound to have had friends at least 7 years throughout school.

It's just life bro, people drift apart.

·
Running From Work, Jumping To Conclusions
1,840 Posts
For ages I thought I recognized one of the people who worked at the local McDonald's and it turns out that I sat next to them at school and were really good friends. Prices did not change on any of the food sold at McDonald's which was a shame. Clearly they did not hold the same value on our past friendship as I did.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
1,934 Posts

thinking back to my high school days, i had a lot of good friends that i thought would still be in my life today, now at 20 i wonder what the fuck happened brahs #sad

GOD I know the feeling... Im 24 and moved a few years ago... I lost contact with a few friends before that as they were Christian and I didnt want to be one and I was best friends with them for 6 years, so thats a bummer... Im more missing a great friend that I dated, first love and all at 14... broke up at age 17 and obviously we didnt really talk much at all after but now no contact even though I do try... we were friends before and still I wish we could just talk from time to time, and my family... I miss my twin like no tomorrow... Life changes and it sucks!

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
It's better that way. Now you get to go make new friends.

Reactions: Gandalf and VIPER

·
Registered
8,361 Posts
It happens. what you are interested in as children often changes as you grow and you meet people who have the same interests as you and become friends.

I can honestly say I have never lost contact with anyone I truly didn't want to lose contact with, apart from one ex who I did not want to lose contact with. But hey, gotta just roll with it.

·
keeping it casual
8,894 Posts

yes it does suck and it gets worse as you get older

my social circle was like 20 now its down to 5 :cry

at least i still got my best friend whom ive known since i was 4

·
Premium Member
19,296 Posts
I'm almost 27 years old. I had a small circle of close friends from high school, only one of which I rarely talk to now. Two of them, I'm still very close to. And the other two, I speak to / see sometimes.

Although, I can see now that I'm growing apart from some of them now. Just part of being an adult, I guess. It does suck.

60,006 Posts
Pimp, you're still young. get some new people in your stable and enjoy life.When your 40, life will seem so vastly different and alot of your good friends at 20 will be mostly forgotten echos of another life. People get older, priorities change, and hopefully you find your place in the grand scheme of everything.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
I am still in contact with everyone from school I wanted to keep in contact with, except for one person. True, the number of people from school I still keep in contact with is 3... but 3 out of 4 ain't bad! :p

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
:shrug Life goes on.

I'm only friends with about 4 people from high school. The rest, I could care less about tbh. I feel if you don't make the effort to stay in contact then I'll take it as you leaving so I can make better friends.

·
Follow The Buzzards
2,975 Posts
It sucks for sure. Im quite fortunate though, I've managed to stay friends with people I've known pretty much my whole life, I don't see them very often but that's mostly down to work. High school I made a lot of friends, people I genuinley miss, I stayed friends with them through Social media and seen some of them around over the years.

·
Listen. No really, LISTEN.
5,752 Posts
It's just something that happens as you get older. The people you know get married, have kids and start living different lives. I haven't even spoken to anyone I went to high school with in about 10 years I think.

The thing is, like others have said, your own life goes forward and you meet new people and make new friends.
At least that is the theory as I've heard it :mcgee1

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I'm never leaving you my brother, ride or die never forget, until our final ride, I may catch a bullet but never forget you

I love you my sweetest friend

·
My Balls Are Hard As Steele
9,933 Posts
It's typically of life after high school. You might still be close to a friend or two but for the most part, the rest of your friends and you move on from each others. And then you repeat it with after college life. I haven't seen my best friend who I basically grew up with in many years and I'm in my 30's now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts