Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after Cody's announcement, here's how I see things going down:

- Cody beats Jericho at Full Gear and becomes AEW World Champion.

- Jericho goes ape shit on Dynamite and demands a rematch. Camera's cut to backstage where Inner Circle are doing something like beating down Tony Schiavone and Jericho promises it'll only get worse unless Cody accepts.

- MJF finally screws Cody, Jericho gets his title back and his reign effectively runs longer, and we get the Cody vs MJF feud everyone is looking forward to.

Zero chance Cody never challenges for the title again or steps away from the main event/full time wrestling for any period of time at just 34, and within only 6 weeks of Dynamite going live. He's at the start of his prime, his stock and popularity are absolutely soaring and he's potentially one of AEW's biggest main event stars.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
Yeah I think him winning and having a very short reign is the most likely option.

They cant do a DQ finish with such an important match and they cant have Cody never challenge for the title again.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
That's a nice stipulation and I'm pretty sure this will advance future feuds as well for Cody.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Cody could go back on this stip as a heel down the line. Just takes him out of the title picture for the next while and explains why he's taking on lesser in-ring role and lesser matches - he could wrestle for competition's sake or play gate keeper etc.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It's way too early for that kind of stipulation and it's way too early for Jericho to lose the title. Best case scenario is shenanigans and we all know how AEW fans feel about them. Cody cut an amazing promo tonight though

·
Registered
485 Posts
I DON'T KNOW WHO'S GOING TO WIN. I just fucking hope Cody does, that promo got me man, I know Jericho should but my guilty pleasure is to have Cody win the god damn title.

It's like trying to keep a good diet, Jericho is the very good tasting seasoned Chicken and Brown Rice with a side salad. But Cody is that delicious Pizza with Doritos on the side.

It's so hard to know who's going to win and I honestly don't care who does because I'll be happy either way. Just if Cody loses, I'll feel superb ad for him man

·
Registered
15,997 Posts
Just a thought Cody says that if he doesn't win he will never challenge again for the world title but that doesn't mean that somebody won't challenge him to take him on for their title LOL

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
So how do you get out of this? If he loses, do you think he will ever push himself again? Maybe they’re hoping people forget a year down the line and he wins it then
He's going to turn heel eventually. My take is that he's turning heel when he's ready to challenge for it again.

·
Registered
15,997 Posts
So how do you get out of this? If he loses, do you think he will ever push himself again? Maybe they’re hoping people forget a year down the line and he wins it then
He's going to turn heel eventually. My take is that he's turning heel when he's ready to challenge for it again.
Maybe when he turns heel, the face will challenge him. Would make more sense than a heel champ like Jericho challenging him.

My prediction, Cody loses..stays face while longer...but when he turns heel...he will get under the faces skin that the face challenges him

·
Team AEW
2,906 Posts
Well, I guess he has to win now. That stipulation was really unnecessary. I mean, it's not like Cody challenged Jericho 5 PPVs in a row, like he would've in WWE, and this will be his "last chance", it's completely ridiculous.

They could have MJF interfere and help Cody win the title without him knowing and Cody decides to vacate the title because he wants to win it fairly which pisses MJF off and then he turns on him
This sounds more interesting than just MJF screwing Cody, but still really not a fan of Cody winning the belt. Not now, at least.

·
Registered
8,574 Posts
Finally gotta chance to watch Dynamite. Dam what insane promo by Cody. This shit feels a lot like the 90s when a show has balls = men.

But if he loses i wonder how they get around this story

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
They’re either going to go with Cody winning because Jericho is doing the Tanahashi match or it’s there to get MJF more heat for costing Cody. Maybe because of the stip? Makes sense that an active wrestler would want Cody out of the picture.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts